A fast paced, module based spaceship role playing game in a sandbox universe. Level your crew, explore, loot, trade, build, and battle!
A fast paced, module based spaceship role playing game in a sandbox universe. Level your crew, explore, loot, trade, build, and battle! Read more
- An Artistic Look
- Completely Module Based - Attached modules on a ship frame will define the ship type. For example, if all of the ship frame's hard-points are attached with Cargo Bays, then it would be a cargo ship. Player have full control to build a ship that is suitable for his/her play style. Player will have to make critical decisions, such as "should I add another drone bay with attack drones or a radar module to have a mini-map?", and etc.
- Modules have affixes - Modules will have more unique affixes as the player level gets increased.
- Unique ship construction UI - A quick and intuitive way to build the player ship.
Ship Construction with Commentary
InfernoSpeed is a 3D isometric spaceship action role-playing game. The player chooses from three character classes (Pilot, Soldier, and Engineer). Player will travel from one planet’s orbit to the next for completing quests, trading, mining, exploring, and will help others in need or prey on the weak, while engaging in massive battles and collecting valuable loot. From the obtained collection of loot and by recruiting a skillful crew, the player is able to customize and build a superior spaceship to master all situations.
In the darkest hour of human history, all nations were at war over Earth's diminishing resources. With the advanced technology that developed over time, humans constructed Androids to serve as weapons. In the hopes of eliminating the opposition, the Androids were given the ability to analyze and make critical judgments to adapt in combat, leading to their eventual consciousness. After decades of observing human carnage and destruction, the Androids predicted their existence may also be destroyed by humans. Hence the war between humans and Androids triggered. Having left no other choice, all nations united giving birth to the Human Alliance. Still, even the human unity was not enough to defeat the Androids. Being ravaged by the Android's far superior power and before the annihilation of the human species, the humans had no choice but to seek refuge elsewhere in the universe. In the orbit of a desolate planet, the humans came across the ruins of an alien colony. Using the advanced alien technology, the humans discovered a new type of crystal that could be converted into much needed resources. This technology allowed the humans to prevail against the invasions from the Android Legion. However, Androids are becoming more powerful and increasing in numbers. In order for the human alliance to survive, the Android Legion must be eliminated.
- World - Explore a beautiful sandbox universe with variety of planets.
- Player classes - Soldier, Engineer, Pilot.
- Unique ship construction/customization - Directional damage model and position based armaments.
- Crew and Officer Management
- Massive battles - Engage in intense massive battles.
Infernospeed will have a very simple gameplay that is similar to a “hack & slash” game. Player will choose from three player classes and fight alongside the human alliance. The player is able to move the ship using the mouse, and offensive and defensive modules will do their tasks when specified a target. Throughout the game, player will have to make critical decisions for the survival. Player has full control for making a ship into a “Mining ship”, “Carrier”, “Battleship”, etc, depending on the attached ship modules.
Player ship is constructed/customized in a very unique way. Ships have a directional damage model (Front, Rear, Left and Right). For example, if the ship is equipped with armor plating on the slots that are on the Right of the ship, having the ship facing right will reduce the amount of damage it will take. Any of the ship frames have the possibility of having slots on left, right, front, rear, and on top. Weapon modules that are attached to slots located on top will have a 360 degrees firing arc, others do not. So, the player must choose carefully where the modules should be attached for maximum efficiency and play style. Furthermore, player must man most of the modules with a crew. Officers can also be recruited for efficiency. Throughout the game, player, crew, and officers will gain experience and can learn new skills and abilities.
There are plenty of ways to be wealthy in the game. Most of the ships will “drop” loot after its destruction, and they can be sold to earn credits. Mining is another way of making credits. Acquired wealth can be used to purchase new modules, recruit crew, perform new research, and more.
- [ 10 + ] DRM free digital download of the game
- [ 25+ ] In game Credits
- [ 30+ ] 2x pack
- [ 35+] digital downloadable Soundtracks (mp3) + Concept-Arts + Game Manual (PDF).
- [ 50+] access to beta
- [ 65+] Goodies box
- [ 75+] Access to Alpha
- [ 100+ ] boxed version of the game (includes a DRM-free DVD, printed game manual, small poster
- [ 150+] An in-game item of your choice will be named after you!
- [ 250+] Signed poster (Frame not included)
- [ 300+] Become an in-game Crew with your name and pic.
- [ 400+]Become an in-game officer with your name, pic and voice over.
- [ 500+] Playable ship defined by you, with your sig, logo, [subject to review]
- [ 1000+] Become a boss
- [ 2500+] Become a playable player class.
The budget will be distributed as follows,
- 10% for Kickstarter and Amazon
- 25% for Programming, Game design
- 25% for 3d models, textures and effects
- 10% for sounds and music
- 10% for software licenses
- 5% for story and writing
- 15% for pledge rewards
Tharaka Somaratna - Designing & Programming.
I am very excited about the progress of this game. I was able to complete the foundation of the game (key game design, and the required programming) within a few months. So far everything is done by me, but all your support will allow me to make a small team including (an artist, writer and sound designer) and to focus on this project full time. This will ensure a quality product release in a shorter amount of time.
This game is made with Acknex A8 engine using C++, and will run on windows. This engine works great with many entities with shaders, effects, etc without a significant frame rate drop.
The goal is to have an Alpha version ready in four months and a beta version in eight months. If everything works out great, the game will be finished in less than ten months.
Please spread the word, Thank you for your support!
Risks and challenges
The game has been in the development for about six months now. So far the current state of the game is very stable. Massive battles can be simulated for hours without any frame-rate drops over time, and no random crashes so far.
There is a chance that some features will take longer to implement, but given the current progress of the game and with your help, this project will be able finished within ten months. Thank you for your time and support!!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)