6Quest - A game of interactive fiction
6Quest - A game of interactive fiction
6Quest is a collection of online fantasy gamebooks. Hunt for the shards of lost memory among the shattered remains of a fantasy world!
6Quest is a collection of online fantasy gamebooks. Hunt for the shards of lost memory among the shattered remains of a fantasy world! Read more
About this project
6Quest is a collection of online fantasy gamebooks taking place in the shattered world of Felorian. The players assume the role of Arkhons, extradimensional entities who are trying to collect pieces of forgotten memory from the history the world by assuming a multitude of roles in markedly different settings. Each setting is a separate quest, and can be enjoyed on its own, or as a part of the whole.
6Quest is a popular brand of interactive fiction in Hungary and we would like your help in bringing it to an international audience.
- 1 playable introductory quest
- 6 playable demo quests
- 12 achievements to collect
- 12 Codex pieces to find
- A new genre of interactive fiction
The system behind 6Quest is of our own design. The game is operated by a complex software, enabling features never seen before in interactive stories.
Our quests have branching paths, timed challenges, character development, moral choice systems, resource management, dialogues, multiple endings and many more opportunities that provide the player with a unique reading experience.
The stories are also connected to each other in a metagaming layer, and players can earn achievements, new character levels and pieces of game lore which continue to expand the game’s universe and enrich the experience.
The basic Kickstarter funds will be used to bring you:
- 6 quests, each with several different endings
- Over 600,000 words of text
- 3,764 choices to make
- Over 50 achievements
- Over 50 Codex entries
- Five different game modes
- £12,000 - Just one more: An additional short quest “Under the Dark Clouds” gets translated. It’s a dark and sombre tale about the journey to find one of Felorian’s greatest villains, and will be avaible to all Kickstarter backers.
- £15,000 - Plain to see: Illustrations will be made for every crucial event in the translated quests.
- £17,000 - Find your way: The game gains a new interface panel in the form of a fully interactive map. You will be able to start quests and read the lore pieces you found from it.
- £22,500 - The sound of wisdom: The translated quests get music and sound effects. An additional long quest gets translated, focused on the lore of Felorian, and the cataclysm that happened to it. It will be available to all Kickstarter backers! The game lore gets expanded, doubleing the number of findable lore pieces.
- £27,500 - The architect’s edition: We release a user-friendly online editor to create your own quests, and provide a platform to share your creations with others.
- £32,500 - The turning point: We publish an extra long and complex quest, dealing with one of the major turning events in Felorian’s history. It will be available to all Kickstarter backers.
- £40,000 - No end in sight: We publish the “Eternal Quest” a special, procedurally generated quest that will be different every time you start!
6Quest is a well known brand of interactive fiction in Hungary, continuously producing online gamebooks since October 2014. We currently have 19 separate playable quests available in Hungarian, and now we would like to share our world and our stories with an international audience as well.
The funds we ask for will be used to translate the quests, and enhance the experience for our new players. Our base goal covers the costs of translation for six of our quests, and gives us a head start in establishing a platform, where we can eventually convert all of our stories to English.
We are a small group of RPG and fantasy enthusiasts. Like for many others, gamebooks were the first thing that started our fascination with fantasy and gaming. For us, they are also the main reason behind our dedication to creating games and scenarios, where the choices of the player actually have consequences.
We originally envisioned 6Quest as a side project, a platform to create interactive stories for our own enjoyment, and were surprised by the number of like-minded fantasy enthusiasts who expressed an interest in our work. We wish to provide a modernized version of the old school gamebook experience to as many people as possible.
Risks and challenges
6Quest is a working project in our native language, constantly played and evaluated by more than 15 000 people. There were many challenges on the way to achieving this, but we were able to meet them successfully.
However translating this amount of text, and managing to provide the full 6Quest experience in a completely different language is a highly challenging project on its own.
We estimate a March release for the six quests in question, and we intend to keep this date, but unexpected difficulties may still modify this.
We wish to provide you with a completed product, and something we and you can be both satisfied with.
We will of course use Kickstarter updates to always keep you informed about every important event in the development of our project.
Support this project
- (30 days)