#CoffeeCSA is 100% owned and governed by coffee farmers! When you buy a share of the harvest at CoffeeCSA, you get the best of the crop while helping to fund next year’s harvest and strengthen small-scale family farms. CoffeeCSA offers you great coffee and a meaningful relationship with a hard-working farm family.
CoffeeCSA’s mission is to serve customers premium coffee in the most direct way possible and, in doing so, improve the lives of small-scale farmers around the world. CoffeeCSA is collectively owned by the families featured on the website. Our farmers control the harvest, processing, importing, roasting, packaging and distribution of their best organic coffee – directly to you.
In the News
- The New York Times - Community Supported Agriculture (C.S.A.) Goes Global
- The Huffington Post - Large-Scale Coffee C.S.A. Debuts
- Mark Gunther - Cool Beans, From Farm to Cup
- GreenBiz.com - Coffee Farmers Eliminate the Middle Man
- Lifehacker.com - Join a Coffee CSA for Fresh Beans on your Doorstep
- The Kitchn - CoffeeCSA connects Farmers and Coffee Drinkers
- SCAA Blog - Vertical Integration in the Coffee Supply Chain
Use of Funds - Buy A Coffee Roaster!
With your support and matching funds from our farmers, we will purchase and install a new coffee roaster in our California facility. Our farmer-owners have agreed to invest up to $100,000, provided we reach the following goals:
- Goal: $50,000 from crowd funding + $50,000 from coffee farmers. Roasting capacity: 200,000 lbs per year!
- Stretch Goal: $100,000 from crowd funding + $75,000 from coffee farmers. Roasting capacity: 600,000 lbs per year!
- Super Stretch Goal: $150,000 from crowd funding + $100,000 from coffee farmers. Roasting capacity: 1.2 million lbs per year!
We have applied for all the proper permits with the City and the County of Sacramento. We are ready to go! With this investment, we estimate the new roaster will be installed and operational by April 2015.
Thank you for your support!
The CoffeeCSA Team
Risks and challenges
One of the best things about our project is that we are already in the business of delivering coffee to our loyal customers every single day. We already have the roaster we want all picked out from a reputable company, and are prepared to have it installed and running by April 2015. However, we also understand that anything can happen, so the only risk may be some unforeseen delay in the delivery of the roaster in time for us to send you the first batches of our self-roasted coffee by the April delivery date. Before April, we will be delivering our current offerings of beans, which are not yet roasted by us, but still meet our high quality standards, so there is no risk you will not get your beans. We will keep you updated on everything as it happens.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (58 days)