About this project
showCASE by FLEk- the collectible art phone case, designed currently for iPhone 6 and 6S models. More than just a phone case, it’s a showCASE for your personality.
We are launching our brand, FLEk Inc. with our first product- showCASE. showCASE is a stylish durable phone case made for the collector in you. It was born from a desire to create a phone case that really made a statement. We wanted to create something that was not only aesthetically pleasing but also durable and functional. showCASE is made out of high-grade soft and hard plastics, making it durable and long-lasting. Our manufacturing plant is based in Tempe, AZ because keeping production in the United States was an important goal for us.
showCASE by FLEk is unique because of its integrated art feature. Our FLEk medallions can be removed and changed easily. FLEk medallions are collectible, swappable, sharable, and attractive. The versatility in the design makes each FLEk multi-purpose and able to be mounted on a FLEk Holder that can be attached with a magnet, double-sided adhesive, or Velcro to almost anything you own: from your backpack to your fridge—creating an ecosystem for displaying FLEks far beyond just a phone case. We are excited to get this product into your hands so you can experience how FLEk can help you put it out there.
showCASE features a slim-feel design and FLEk medallions fit easily and securely into the case. Our star icon serves as the key to guide each medallion into its proper orientation. Your phone, your case, your way!
The showCASE kit includes:
• 1 durable black phone case, designed for iPhone 6 or 6s (additional colors/cases coming soon)
• 3 interchangeable FLEk medallions of your choice
• 2 rubber FLEk holders that can be used to display your FLEks - with 2 peel and stick magnet and round adhesive discs that can be used on each FLEk holder to display your FLEk medallions in any way you choose to put it out there.
Additional FLEk medallions, with a holder included for each, can be purchased individually or in packs of 3, 5, or 10 to grow your FLEk collection! Phone case not required, buy FLEk medallions to display however you desire-- when we say multi-functional, we mean it!
So three guys named Chris and Todd (the non-Chris) were enjoying drinks together when they started discussing current trends. One of their wives had recently become a big collector of fashionable phone cases and had “one for every occasion.” That got the four of them thinking and FLEk Inc. was born. After investing many dollars and over a year of blood, sweat, and tears (happy tears, we swear) we are approximately one month away from product distribution! We started with the most popular case sold in the USA, an all-black iPhone 6/6S case, with hopes to expand our case family in the future to cover a variety of Apple and Android products. We have also developed over 50 unique FLEk medallion designs, with plans to engage the art community to develop and expand our design collections but we need your help to take the next steps!
If the information above doesn’t help, please send us a message!
Thank you so much for your support!
Risks and challenges
We believe the biggest challenge with completing any project is lack of preparation. Although it is hard to anticipate and prepare for everything that comes with making good on your commitments we have gone to great lengths to cross our T’s and dot our I’s. That said we at FLEk have invested the time and money up-front to:
- Design and Engineer our products and packaging.
- Conduct market and product feasibility research.
- Perform Freedom to Operate Patent/Trade Mark Searches and File Patent/Trade Mark applications.
- Locate and secure agreements with all necessary contract manufactures (ALL PRODUCTS/PACKAGING TO BE MADE IN THE USA).
- Purchase and Test the tools necessary to manufacture all products and packaging.
- Secure necessary relationships and technology to handle supply-chain management and product fulfillment.
- Inform our contract manufactures on our Kickstarter goals to insure availability of raw materials and meet suggested delivery dates.
-Put the best team in place to make good on our promise to our Kickstarter supporters.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)