Say hello to the Third Wave Water mineralization packet and better tasting coffee.
- Easy to use • add 1 packet to 1 gallon of distilled water
- Save money • avoid overpriced water systems that under deliver
- Consistent • a repeatable method to mineralize your water for your precious coffee, no matter the location ~ barista competitions, coffee shops, your friend's house, grandma's house, mom's house, your dog's house...
- Environmentally friendly • we do not ship water. This saves costs in shipping, but more importantly it saves the shipping industry from wasting natural resources to transport water that is readily available to you in your local grocery stores for ~$0.89 (distilled water). And since you are already driving there for food, no additional emission are added to the environment.
- Welcome to full flavor • you'll swear it isn't the same coffee.
So what are Third Wave Water capsules and why should you care? If you enjoy your daily love affair with coffee you will care, so let's get started!
What makes up your tap water, spring water, or your favorite bottled water depends on where that water came from. The terroir of water is much like that of coffee. Where the soil type, rainfall, and solar intensity effect the flavor of coffee; the flavor of water comes from subterranean minerals like dolomite, halite and limestone. The occurrences of such minerals vary across the globe, thus explaining some of the variation in drinking water from city to city.
The SCAA guidelines help you achieve optimum brewing results. The problem is that most people don't know what to do with these guidelines. What kind of specialty filtration techniques should you use? What kind of water do you have at your house? What if you travel and want to brew great coffee consistently no matter where you are in the world?
This is why we developed the Third Wave Water (TWW) capsules.
Start with either distilled water or water from a reverse osmosis system, then add a TWW re-mineralization capsule to create that magical balance of calcium, magnesium and sodium. Whether you are brewing that perfect cup in your fortress of solitude or visiting your cousin Eddie for Christmas, your favorite [third wave] coffee will taste its best when brewed with Third Wave Water.
Now imagine you spent all of your hard-earned money on a new Baratza Sette 270 burr grinder, an 8-cup Chemex brew glass, freshly roasted local craft coffee, a super sweet temperature controlled Fellows kettle to heat up your water and then you reach into your sink to fill the kettle with water from you faucet to brew with...ugh!!!! You just killed your flavor!
Coffee is 98% water, so don't ruin your morning creation with the same water you flush your toilet with.
International Distribution Packs - We have been blown away by the international support and demand for Third Wave Water. Every day new international sales and wholesale request come in. We want to use the Kickstarter platform to grow our international market for TWW and to forge our initial distribution relationships. We will work with each distributor to ensure that both the product label and the out container label comply with all of their local laws and regulations.
If you would like a custom distribution pack for a country not listed, please send us a message.
The Third Wave Water pre-production packaging went through many iterations. Through all of the changes the goal has been the same, to provide you the best experience possible!
A few fun policies and comments:
- We do not mark shipments as gifts.
- Shipment delays can be caused by a number of reasons, some include: incorrectly identifying the shipping address or providing an out of date address, customs in each country, etc.
- We are not responsible for additional import fees, taxes, VAT, post office fees or other fees imposed on international orders by various countries, but we will do our best to assist with all situations.
- Refer to the production schedule for estimated shipping dates for the United States (US) and international packages.
- If we reach $30k we will create a special 2-part mixture specifically formulated for espresso machines. You will have the option before we ship to substitute 1 or more of your original formula for our espresso machine blend.
- If we reach $60k we will make a stick for 5 liter bottles/jugs in both our original formula and for the espresso machine blend. Packs of 5 liter sticks will come as a pack of 10 instead of a pack of 12. You will have the option before we ship to substitute gallon packs for liter packs.
The idea of Third Wave Water came about like many other great ideas, over food and beer. Charles and Taylor were grabbing a bite to eat after Taylor had just installed a cold brew tap for Charles at a local office co-share. As they discussed the state of the coffee industry the topic drifted toward water quality and Taylor's new variable total dissolvable solution (TDS) water filtration system. Charles was looking for a way to help his customers obtain perfect brewing water and was even considering mailing bottled brewing water. That's when the idea of "dehydrated water" sounded possible. Taylor went back to his lab and made up a few vials for Charles to try out. The rest is history, now anyone can have perfect coffee water anywhere. Third Wave Water was made by coffee people for coffee people.
Taylor started Telemetry Coffee Roasters (formerly Stoney Creek Roasters) in 2008. Over the years, his love for people, coffee, and technology has given him numerous unique opportunities. In 2013 these passions collided when the cafe was featured in the Wall Street Journal as an early adopter of crypto-currency. Whether he is rebuilding a vintage Ambex roaster, creating a custom, semi-volumetric Nuova Simonelli or designing a variable TDS filtration system, Taylor enjoys leaving his unique style on projects. If you visit Telemetry, you may find him in his lab, perched over a microscope, looking for the next project his passions will take him.
Charles is passionate about entrepreneurship, aviation and coffee. He has worked for many great organizations including NASA, Boeing, Kansas State University, Learjet, The Spaceship Company, Aerion Corporation, the US Air Force, and more. He launched The Wright Cup in 2016 with a mission to help you discover great coffee and stumbled into the rare opportunity of disrupting the coffee industry with Taylor Minor creating Third Wave Water.
Risks and challenges
Materials are sourced and we're ready for manufacturing. The biggest potential risk we identified is international shipping. Each country has their own rules and regulations for labeling requirements and importing processes, which could add delays, but we're ready.
We will keep you updated if there are any issues and have our international shipping partners to reduce this risk as quickly as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)