Before anything else, if you want an idea of how the final game is going to actually be, be sure to try the demo
Quest? Quest! is a story driven role playing game. It has jokes, complex characters and multiple endings. It drops you into a fantasy world with many secrets to discover and adventures to go on. It's being developed by Matt Bradshaw.
Some of the features planned for the game:
- Over 50 unique enemies, each with their own attack patterns, temperaments and animations.
- A combat system which involves managing stamina, to use both heavy and light attacks, blocks and sprinting like those found in much more expensive RPG's.
- A least one beach party.
- Multiple endings with profoundly different tones and outcomes.
- Many characters to befriend and/or not.
- 10 swords to find and collect, each supports a separate play-style with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- 10 distinct regions with a real sense of character
Meet the team:
Everything except the Music: Most of the roles in this project will be fulfilled by Matt Bradshaw.
Music: All the music in this game has been composed by the wonderful Tim Ferry III, his website can be found here: http://www.timothyferry.com/.
Unfortunately due to budget restraints there will be no mascot. We are sorry.
Unfortunately several Ideas have been left on the cutting room floor, but with your help we can pick up those pieces and glue them right back into place.
- £4000 - A grand total of 60 unique enemies in the game.
- £4500 - Another region will be added to the late game with a event to go with it.
- £5000 - A grand total of 70 unique enemies in the game.
- £6000 - Another 3 swords will be added to the planned roster.
- £8000 - A grand total of 80 unique enemies in the game.
- £10000 - More care will be given to balancing combat and a new hard mode will be introduced that will allow for a real challenge alongside the normal story focused experience.
- £15000 - A 4th ending will be added, I really wanted to do this ending in the early stages of development, however the resources it would take would be immense.
- £20000 - A grand total of over 100 unique enemies in the game. Each character will have a more developed set of loyalty quests and several events will be added to the main quest.
Where will the money go?
The money will allow me to commission art and music for the game, pay those working on the project for their time and allow me to devote all of my time towards the completion of the game, also publishing fees and taxes.
Contact us (me)
If you contribute to the kickstarter of even just give the demo a shot, thank you so much, this wouldn't be possible without you.
Risks and challenges
A large number of the major obstacles this project will face have already been tackled by the creation of the demo.
If this kickstarter does succeed, I will be able to give all of my time to this project and any project this game faces will become my number one priority.
One of the risks to this project is a late launch, however having as much control over the project as I do, and such a strict schedule, I feel that this is unlikely.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)