Attracmount is the first and best Magnetic Cell Phone and Key mount designed especially for wheelchairs!
Attracmount has been designed with the wheelchair user in mind. There are a lot of cell phone mounts for wheelchairs on the market now, as there are a lot of magnetic cell phone mounts for use in cars, but nothing that is a great blend of both! Attracmount takes out all of the negatives of the current wheelchair cell phone holders and combines the durability and convenience of magnetic holders to securely attach your cell phones and keys to your wheelchair.
Some of these mounts are great if you want to keep your cell phone semi-permanently attached to your chair, but in our fast-paced life we all know that convenience and accessibility are essential.
We are all familiar with the ease of mounting our cell phone to a magnetic mount in our car, Attracmount takes all the convenience of a magnetic car mount and custom designs it to fit on your wheelchair!
Features of the Attracmount
It is our goal to create a beautiful, durable, and functional mount that fits your wheelchair. We use the best materials we can find to manufacture our mounts and make them high quality enough to fit your active lifestyle. The best part is that the whole setup is only 2 pieces, it literally takes seconds to install onto your chair!
List of Materials:
- Mount: Made with PC-ABS plastic. PC-ABS is a high-impact engineering thermoplastic ideal for functional manufacturing. PC and ABS are combined materials that when mixed gives the Attracmount body the heat resistance of PC and the flexibility of ABS.
- Strap: The strap is made from high-grade silicone, giving the strap the flexibility and anti-wear-and-tear factor (see video) needed in a functional product. This no-slip material will contour to your wheelchair bar or arm and securely absorb the shaking from your chair so your phone and keys remain stable and safe as you move about.
- Magnet: We use 4 Grade N52 Rare Earth Magnets as the base for Attracmount. These are the strongest grade magnets available and will have such a secure connection that your phone and keys will stay firmly attached to Attracmount and your chair even on the bumpiest of surfaces. N52 magnets are so strong in fact that the exact kind and thickness of magnet that we use is strong enough to lift a watermelon! See the demonstration of strength here:
Let's see it in action!
The Attracmount attaches to any bar on your wheelchair:
Mounting your Cell Phone
Taking your Cell Phone Off
It is that easy!
Mounting Keys & Taking Them Off
When you order: What Comes with the Attracmount?
Each order of the Attracmount comes with:
- Mount with magnet
- 2 different sized straps (to fit all different sizes of wheelchairs)
- 2 metal plates (1 Phone plate, 1 keychain plate)
Not Just For Wheelchairs!
Even though Attracmount was primarily designed to fit the bars of a wheelchair, realistically it can fit on anything with a bar! We have tested this product on:
- Bike Handlebars
- Golf Carts
We know not all our amazing backers will be wheelchair users, and that's ok! The Attracmount has many applications useful to you too!
Our goal as a company is to design a catalog of better-designed human-centric products for people with disabilities. We want Attracmount to not only improve the convenience of carting around your stuff, but also improve the lives of people with disabilities through designing products with convenience in mind!
We also have a goal to make products that fit every budget, that is why we work with the best manufacturers and order large amounts to get the best prices, which translates into savings for our customers! The future MSRP will be $14.99, but Kickstarter prices are specially made to help us get backing, tell your friends!
What We will Use the Funding For
We are looking to raise at least $5000, which will pay for the engineering molds and our first production run of the Attracmount.
We have already worked with a manufacturer in China to get our molds approved and materials sourced, this should reduce the amount of time it will take post-funding to get Attracmounts into your hands! That's the good news!
Here is what we think the timeline will look like:
Attracmount is a product of Handizap, the company that brought you the Sixth Digit : A ring stylus designed for use by people with limited hand function. Handizap is a company created by Founder and CEO Josh Smith, a mechanical engineer and product designer. Josh has a unique perspective on designing products for people with disabilities because he is, himself a quadriplegic who has used his experience as someone with a disability to design human-centric products for other people with disabilities.
See more of Josh's story and his success designing and marketing the Sixth Digit here:
Risks and challenges
We are not in the process of working on any other projects right now so Attracmount is our biggest priority! This should result in few delays and increase communication with our backers.
We are working with a reputable manufacturer that has good experience working in the materials we are using for the Attracmount. We have been in communication with them for months and they have been very easy to work with and very responsive. All of the designs are approved and the material is sourced so we should not run into many delays.
Our team has experience working with manufacturers and so any challenges that do arise we are more than capable to address them and get this project back on track!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)