T&F Vintage Athletic partnered with True Story Films in their filming of the Arizona State Sun Devils entrance videos. T&F provided all of the vintage jerseys representing decades of ASU football. A big thank you to Cary Truelick at True Story for providing us this behind-the-scenes look at the filming. The jerseys turned out great - contact us for the full line!
Designed and tailored in the USA.
How to Order:
1) Scroll down to the bottom of the page where there are styles listed and make selections (The more you purchase, the better the discount).
2) On the right side, select the appropriate pledge category (based on quantity, and reward).
3) After you pledge, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what styles you selected and what sizes you want.
4) We will email you a confirmation at the end of the Kickstarter sale (ends June 11, 2014), and let you know your expected delivery. We will begging delivering as soon as July, and complete all orders by mid-September.
Our Brand History: In 1989, we created the first brand in history to design and sell NFL, college, hockey, and basketball throwbacks. In 1991, the NFL granted us the first exclusive license for jerseys, and Nordstrom carried our brand nationally. We sold the rights to our NFL collection to a major sports brand in the late 1990s, but continued to design and source vintage product lines including soccer throwbacks. After observing how the category we helped create ("throwbacks") had evolved, we decided to relaunch our brand recently and reinvent the category. We first acquired college licenses to address the niche.
Solving a Need in the Market: Sideline brands (brands which outfit teams) dominate the licensing landscape and box other specialty brands out by locking in exclusive agreements with sports teams and universities. The sideline brands' jersey offering is characterized by: 1) Low quality-for-price ratio: the jerseys are made out of cheaper fabrics and the graphics are heat-sealed (what we call "faux twill"); 2) Over-size body blocks: The bodies are cut for a basic, straight, non-athletic fit.
There are only a small amount of brands in the "Authentic Throwback" category. These brands have over-charged consumers for throwbacks over the years, with some prices as high as $325.00; these "throwback" brands offer jerseys that are based on over-sized body blocks -- a size XL (which traditionally is a size 46-48" chest) measures 50-51.5".
Our goal has been to offer consumers throwbacks that are not only authentic, and true to size, but which actually make the customer look good wearing them. In the old days, jerseys fit more snug to the body, were made of finer fabrics, and the numbers, letters and logos were actually hand-sewn (not heat-sealed) onto the garment. All of our jerseys are manufactured in "Old School" methods of high quality and attention to detail.
We are licensed by colleges and universities to recreate their sports history through beautifully-constructed jerseys.
OUR THROWBACK JERSEYS ARE ...
1) Made with recreated vintage fabrics. Our recreated vintage fabrics are Made in the USA and include “Cotton Durene”; “Tear-Away” Mesh; and “Cotton Sweater Knit”; Port Hole Mesh; and other athletic constructions from past eras. The fabrics are made from the finest yarns – we don’t cut corners and use cheaper yarns to increase our margins.
2) Tailored to the school. Each jersey is meticulously researched and authenticated through historical research methods.
3) Quality Cut and Sew. Our factories employ "Old School" methods of craftsmanship, and hand-sew the attribution on the garments. The factories we utilize are small to mid-size operations and the men and women who make our garments take great pride in their work.
4) Sold directly to you. By offering you our college throwback jerseys directly via Kickstarter we are able to cut out sales representatives and retailers. This allows us to offer you more personal attention and lower prices. Our competitors price their throwbacks up to $350.00, but we can offer special edition jerseys at prices as low as $99.00.
METICULOUS ATTENTION TO HISTORICAL DETAILS
Drawing upon our experience spearheading the throwbacks market in the 1990s, we have recreated jerseys in many sports, including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, and lacrosse - to name a few.
Examples of throwback jerseys we have produced in the past...
We research the history of sports uniforms of each and every school and team in order to accurately reproduce the look, the fit, and the feel of the jerseys from each era. In the old days, the equipment managers for each team would contract out the jersey manufacture to local sporting goods shops, or to regional brands. Construction of the garments and styling details would vary among teams. It is very difficult to "mainstream" 100-150 years of uniforms into "one-size-fits-all" products that we can get made in bulk as most apparel firms do. We chose the path less followed...and the more arduous one, by choosing to remain authentic and recreate the jerseys as they were.
The Fit: As we mentioned earlier, our garments reflect the fit and styling of jerseys and the era they represent. As a rule of thumb:
- Jerseys from the 1930s to early 1970s generally fit close to the body (an XL was close to a 48" chest);
- Jerseys from the 1970s and early '80s were boxier, had shorter lengths;
- Jerseys from the late 1980s and 1990s fit close to the body ("skill cut") and were designed with larger yokes and wider neck openings.
We do NOT oversize our jerseys.
KICKSTARTER OFFERING: Our Fall 2014 Limited Edition Collection, includes select pieces which are exclusive to the Kickstarter customer...
Examples of Sweater Knit Jersey Styles
Examples of Our Cotton Durene Jersey Styles
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE ARTBOARDS OF THE FALL 2014 LINE: email@example.com.
Questions? If you have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/tiedmanandformby).
Thank You for Your Support!
Risks and challenges
Our contractors in the United States who will cut and sew the garments are world-class. We have selected these factories for their ability to produce quality garments, on time, and on budget. While delays are generally to be expected in apparel (anyone who tells you otherwise, is not being truthful), provided we have the funding we need in June, we have given ourselves enough time to deliver orders in September, if not earlier.
We are raising funding for the first production runs of 2014 to be able to give our company a boost. We would be extremely grateful for your support and pre-orders and plan to expand our offering throughout the year, so you -- as the customer -- can benefit from a wider selection.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
It depends if we hold a license for your school. Please do contact us, because we have a very narrow list of jerseys posted up (the jerseys listed are our best sellers). We may be able to work out a deal for you.
First, scroll down to be able to view "KICKSTARTER PRE-SEASON 2014 SPECIAL" on left side of page. The list(s) will describe each style available for this sale. Second, make a note of which styles you'd like (you will need to e-mail us with your selection at email@example.com). Third, select appropriate option on right side under "REWARDS." Fourth, email us with your selection and size choices. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support this project
- (22 days)