You know that cats love cardboard boxes!
If your cat doesn’t like boxes, we recommend you take it to a vet immediately. There could be something wrong. Or, that creature living in your home may not actually be a cat... :)
Give your cat the box it wants and your home the look it deserves.
Ugly boxes are a thing of the past, thanks to the Purrfect Cat Box.
This box is completely safe for your cat(s)! Our cats have been using and loving the Purrfect Cat Box samples for years. Plus, they are made right here in Colorado so there is no need to worry about the risk of contamination often found in products made overseas. Additionally, the inks used in printing on the box are compliant with the Toxics in Packaging Clearing house, as well as the Toy Safety Standard.
Hi, I’m Scott Salzman!
I have two cats (and two dogs) who share my home and, for the past 16 years, I have been working full-time as an inventor. My products have won awards and been featured in/on the Today Show, Good Morning America, Real Simple Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, etc.
Throughout my inventing career, I’ve done lots of shipping. And that results in piles of boxes laying around for my cats to play with. I started keeping some in the house for my cats and they began choosing the boxes over the nice beds that I had purchased for them. Well, those boxes often were dirty from shipping, had labels on them, were too big/small etc. Basically, they looked lousy. That’s when I started designing, and the Purrfect Cat Box™ was born.
The Purrfect Cat Box is my newest project and it’s all set to go as soon as funding is secured. The box manufacturer is just down the road in Denver, CO and the project details have been worked out prior to the Kickstarter campaign launch. Therefore, I don’t anticipate any delays in shipping your Purrfect Cat Box(s).
If you want to learn more about my other inventions, feel free to check out: Spotless Paw®, Mobile Meditator®, Spotless Swing® and Groovy Glove™.
Is the box safe for my cat?
- Yes. Our cats have been using samples of these boxes for years. The inks used to print the box are compliant with Toxics in Packaging Clearinghouse (CONEG) regulations, as well as the Toy Safety Standard (ASTM F963).
What size is the box?
- 14” x 10” x 5” (36 cm x 25 cm x 13 cm).
When will you start shipping?
- We will start shipping the Purrfect Cat Box in October!
Can you please explain your shipping costs?
- We have done our best to keep costs as low as possible. In fact, we are absorbing 30% of the shipping costs. Shipping prices have drastically increased in the last years for small companies like us. It is a part of online shopping; if you are not paying for it directly, it is included in the cost of the product. We hope that you understand.
Where are the boxes made?
- Denver, Colorado, USA
How long will my box last?
- That answer, of course, depends on your cat and if it has destructive tendencies. If it doesn’t get chewed up, puked in, etc. it can last for quite a while. Our first samples are about three years old and still in use. And the latest design is much sturdier than the original.
Can I use the Purrfect Cat Box for my dog?
- Yes! We LOVE dogs and the box is the perfect size for small dogs. We felt the picture below was too cute not to share, so please enjoy! :)
Risks and challenges
We have come to Kickstarter for your help and to raise funds to go towards the product launch costs. With such a project there are always risks and challenges that we're going to face.
We have taken every precaution possible to make sure the Purrfect Cat Box meets our strict quality standards. Now, with your support, we are ready to launch.
On-time delivery is the biggest challenge for any Kickstarter campaign. The delivery estimates we've put together represent our best effort at accounting for part lead times and unanticipated delays. That said, the manufacturer is local and we have worked with them in the past on other projects so we know that they are reliable and easy to work with.
Most importantly, we will be completely open and transparent from start to finish. We will ensure everyone is kept well informed and up to date throughout the entire process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)