Give your child's artwork the attention it deserves.
Finally, a frame you can resize for all your child's precious creations!
Do you struggle with how to display all your child's artwork? Do you have it all in a "I will do it one day" pile or shoved in a draw? Have you ever "quietly" put their artwork in the bin hoping the problem will go away, only to feel guilty later? Or do you have it all covering the fridge under magnets?
Take the pain out of displaying your child's artwork.
A modular maik wall frame easily creates an organised home for all your child's creations, so when it comes in, it goes straight up on the wall. Your children will feel proud seeing their work showcased and their efforts recognised.
Kids love creating their own displays.
We often put things on our walls or fridge so they are easily accessible, like our children's artwork, photos, notices and schedules. But we also stick things on the wall to remind ourselves of our life, special moments with friends, things that inspire us, great times we have had, family memories, our goals and our dreams.
Has your child ever asked, "Where is my green frog with the long legs?" And you had no idea where it went?
Have you ever struggled with framing?
A maik wall frame also allows you to easily create an organised space for all the other things that you like to stick on the wall.
Personalise your desk space.
Do you have photos but hate the hassle of framing them? Photos are great on your phone but even better on your wall.
Is your workspace inspiring and organised?
In 2015, with two children, it all started to get pretty messy and before we knew it, it got a bit out of control and we needed a solution.
- The solution:
- What we really wanted was an organised space that we could change as our lives changed. It needed to:
- be rental apartment friendly, pissing off the landlord is never good.
- use no hooks or drills, your wall can look like a target range.
- use no pins or tacks, kids put them in the strangest places...Ouch!
- be accessible and 3D items friendly, I want it up now, not Saturday.
- be light weight so it can land on your toes safely....when you drop it.
- be safe for kids, they will want a turn too...and use it like lego.
- be resizable, one size fits all can be so frustrating!
- be easy to assemble, we are not DIY experts.
- be highly adaptable, our lives change, shouldn't our frames?
- be able to be packed into a small box, convenience rules!
- Is that all too much to ask of a frame?
- The search for all this was as uninspiring as the choices available. But there was another other option we had up our sleeve.... calling in our family DIY/ she'll be right mate expert, uncle Barney.... but that doesn't always work out unfortunately.
So after realising that what we wanted just didn't exist, we created our own solution. The maik wall frame.
Organise your projects.
Take the pain out of framing the things you love.
Create a space for your vision on the wall.
Cleverly designed to fit your ever changing life.
One maik wall frame system comes with :
12 straights, 28 connectors and 8 corners packed in a small box. 75grams of Blu Tack is included.
Colour: black matte finish. Packed in a small box.
Made and Designed in Australia. Patent Pending.
One frame, many possibilities.
2 frames in 1.
One maik wallframe system allows you to make one large A1 plus frame or 2x A2 size frames with over 10 different configurations.
Like no other frame:
Why not add two, three, or four maik wallframe systems together?
The size possibilities are endless.
- We believe that framing doesn't always have to be complicated. It should be easy, flexible and fun for everyone. Like us, many people struggle to implement a way of displaying the things that are important to them. Things end up in a box somewhere, piled up on a desk or stuffed in a draw. We wanted a system that took the guess work out of how to display many things at a time in one space. We wanted to defuse the stress and anxiety that a visually messy space can cause. We love celebrating with a smile when we can touch and see the wonderful moments that make up our life.
Re-defining the way we frame:
- By challenging the idea, that a frame should always have four straight uninterrupted sides, we were able to create the flexibility and adaptability like no other frame.
How will you use maik through your life's journey?
G'day, it's Anthony and Naomi.
We are the co-founders of maik. We are from Sydney, Australia. After two years of fine tuning we are now ready to do a full manufacturing run. We have developed a great relationship with D3 Design here in Sydney and SDI Plastics, an experienced manufacturer here in Australia. Direct Link, a part of Post Nord, have been fantastic with helping organise our world wide shipping. We can't wait to see how our awesome backers design and organise their life on the wall. With your help we can bring this project to life.
We would like to invite you to be part of this maik journey with us.
The making of maik
Risks and challenges
We have had maik wall frames designed here in Sydney, Australia with D3 Design and we will be manufacturing the product in Brisbane, Australia with SDI Plastics. We did consider making maik wall frames overseas but we wanted to keep a close eye on production, and really focus on making a good quality, Australian made product. And the way the samples are looking we have achieved that goal.
We have built a strong relationship & open communication channel with our designer & manufacturer. The reality is though that any full-scale design and manufacturing project comes with potential challenges.
By building a team of highly experienced design, manufacturing and supply-chain specialists, we've put in a lot of effort to minimize the chance of risks and challenges. But it’s impossible to rule them out entirely.
In a manufacturing project of this kind, there’s the potential for challenges to arise with setting up tooling, sourcing materials and the manufacturing process itself.
QUALITY CONTROL: By working with an experienced manufacturer such as SDI Plastics, with their own highly skilled toolmakers in their team monitoring and inspecting the process, keeping us informed at every stage, we are putting every effort into ensuring the high standard of product we require.
We have been able to get the tooling done and we are very happy with the outcome of the product samples. This will enable us to start manufacturing maik wall frames straight after the Kickstarter campaign is finished and get it out to our awesome backers by August 2018 or earlier.
PRODUCT CHANGES: We’ve done everything to get maik wall frames as close to the final product design as possible. But as we get ready for full-scale production, there may be some minor changes needed to manufacture at scale. Any changes made during this stage will only be made to create an even better product. We’ll be sure to let you know of any changes we make. And exactly why we made them.
Shipment: We are working with Direct Link (Part of PostNord) to ship your product as quickly and smoothly as possible. PostNord use the local postal service of each country that we send our product to. Using that system has enabled us to bring the cost down for each maik wall frame shipment.
However, delays and unforeseen circumstances can be a part of any delivery process. But, by working with an experienced partner such as PostNord, we’re minimizing the risk of issues. Our aim is also to establish shipping hubs in multiple regions to expedite shipping and minimize shipping and import taxes.
maik wall frames will ship to just about all countries around the world. Shipping, handling and import charges vary depending on where you are in the world.
Please select your reward and delivery country to see specific shipping information for your location. We have done our best to minimize international shipping and handling costs, but international shipping is complex and has a level of cost that comes with it.
Please be aware that your reward may be subject to import charges/taxes depending on your country's customs laws. maik wall frames cannot be held liable for any additional customs charges that may occur in your location.
We will keep all backers updated with everything that is going on with the manufacturing process of the product from the start of manufacture and the timing of their shipment of their maik wall frame.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)