Occam's Razor was designed to simplify your life and your shaving. We have taken the finest blades that barbers and beauticians use and brought them home to you. Now you can enjoy a barber or salon quality shave at home.
More blades is not the answer to a better, closer shave. Anyone who has had a shave by a professional barber knows this. There is a reason the professionals only use one blade.
Occam's Razor features:
- Easy blade loading and extraction without exposure to blade cutting edge.
- Adjustable blades for skin types and facial hair types.
- Easy cleaning and anti-clog design.
- No more skin irritation, razor burn or razor bumps.
- Stainless Steel Lifetime Construction.
- Lifetime Warranty.
- Multi-Blade cartridge razors create ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
- High Costs for replacement cartridges.
- Lowest quality of shave with some of the highest pricing per blade.
- Low integrity gimmicks like vibrating heads and useless ball "technology".
- Expensive upfront and expensive to maintain heads properly.
- Loads of irritation (requiring a month or more for you skin to get "accustomed" to the abuse).
- Typically a dry or near dry shave.
- Hair is cut unevenly creating ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
- Limited options and adjustments.
- Same issues as the Cartridge Razors above just typically harder to return, cancel or get what you want.
- Intimidating un-packaging of razor and no protective dispensing system. Exposure to 2 blade edges when changing blade.
- Easily clogs, hard to wash out and harder to keep clean without serious maintenance. Lot's of moving parts to gum-up or fail.
- Have to twist to open and close or un-assemble razor to change blade.
- Have to purchase another container to store sharp used blades.
Two billion disposable razor blades per year are used and thrown away… Additionally, shaving gel creates several other problems. Their metal cans are often refused by recycling plants as they are under pressure. These cans also may contain polluting chemicals and gasses such as aerosol, propane, butane, isobutane and many others.
It is our goal to change the way you shave. You and your household can make a difference in landfill shaving waste, save money, get a better shave and make a real difference. How you ask? What is the answer?
There will be a $75k, $100k and $250k stretch goal as well.
I had 4 days of growth for this shave. This was my 4th time shaving with this latest version of Occam's Razor. It shaved perfectly. The last time I shaved my head, mustache and goat. I am so happy with the performance of this razor and we are very excited to share this razor with the rest of the world.
You will pick your blade packet after the KickStarter finishes (we recommend the Professional Super Blade 20 Pack).
Detailed Images of The Blades. You can see how much closer the guard is on the Soft Guard vs The ProGuard:
Shaving doesn't need to be complicated. Unlike the multi-blade cartridge contraptions you find at your local drug store, the Occam Razor was designed to be elegant and simple to use. Our razor utilizes a modern design with functionality to simplify shaving. Thousands of hours have been put into designing and prototyping the Occam Razor. We have shaved with hundreds of other razors currently on the market (even some that don't exist anymore) and have brought only the best features to the Occam Razor.
Here is some of what the Occam Razor improves upon.
1 - Safety. Reduces the risk in handling the actual razor blade. We designed an insertion and extraction tool.
2 - Keeping the lines. One of our biggest issues with cartridge and safety razors is the distance from the cutting edge to the side of the razor. This design minimizes that distance allowing you to keep tight lines for your beard or mustache.
3 - Clean and sanitary. We designed this razor for minimal clogging. Even a thick stubble will easily wash out. Un-like cartridge or double edge razors this simply complex design allows for a lifetime of near maintenance free shaving. No moving parts to clog or fail.
4 - Durability. Made from Stainless Steel, this razor will last you a lifetime.
5 - Skin and Stubble Types - This razor was designed to work with multiple Feather Professional Blades allowing for sensitive skin or heavy stubble.
Thank you for reading and watching about our razor. We know you will love it.