PLEASE KEEP HELPING!
Thanks to our generous backers we have reached our MINIMUM goal. Please understand that $11,000 was the smallest amount we could realistically make the movie for--but with more capital we can include many necessities we had planned to sacrifice due to budget constraints.
* Hire more crew (to increase our efficiency and speed as we film)
* Feed those new crew people
* Upgrade our camera package (to capture an even higher-quality image)
Your generosity will enable us to make an even better movie than we had initially imagined. Please help us get there!
ABOUT THE MOVIE
Style: Throw The Odd Couple in a blender with Step Brothers and Rushmore.
Storyline: Rich and Noah are childhood friends who never got along. Loud, charismatic, and more than occasionally obnoxious, Rich always overshadowed the more reserved and intellectual Noah. After high school they drifted apart and eventually became estranged.
Now in their twenties, Rich is forced to move back to their hometown in New Jersey while recovering from a debilitating car accident, and the only person willing to take care of him is Noah.
As they try to live in the same space, they find that old habits die hard, especially when Noah's old crush Zoe moves back into the neighborhood. Can they find harmony from the discord?
WHAT WE’RE DOING
So many admirable filmmakers began their careers by making independent films that cost less than $15,000. Among them:
* Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Inception)
* Robert Rodriguez (Spy Kids, Predators)
* Kevin Smith (Clerks, Cop Out)
We believe we can follow in their footsteps and here's how:
* We have a funny and emotionally resonant screenplay that understands the limitations of our meager budget. It is a small comedy about human relationships.
* We are only shooting in locations we have free access to.
* We own our own professional camera and lighting equipment.
* Our industry contacts helped us cast our supporting roles with name talent.
* We now live in a world of seemingly limitless distribution channels (theatrical, dvd, internet, mobile) and our chance for pick-up is greater.
* We have a core group of committed and talented filmmakers willing to do whatever it takes to make our labour of love.
But like those who came before us, we cannot accomplish this without you...our friends, family, colleagues, and supporters. Our project requires just enough capital to feed and pay our professional cast and crew, rent additional equipment, and to cover the cost of entry fees for film festivals.
If you look to your right, you'll find a list of the many rewards you can receive for various levels of donation. Whatever you feel comfortable contributing will prove vital to our effort. But please know that it is your belief in our project and in us that is truly priceless.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (14 days)