Cursed to become zombies whenever they play their music, the members of the punk band Toe Tag Riot use their "zombie powers" ethically, only murderizing and eating bigots, homophobes, transphobes, sexists, and racists.
Toe Tag Riot formed in the 2000s, devoured and digested scores of Nazi skinheads, sexist dudebros, and even the Westboro Baptist Church (see volume 1 for that tale!), then broke up, to the dismay of their legions of fans. But now they're back with a reunion tour sure to be even bloodier, funnier and a little more queer than ever before!
And yes, fan-favorite guest stars Teddy Mercury, and Andy Hurley from Fall Out Boy, are back!
Return of the Toe Tag Riot is a digital-first 4-issue series, collected to physical trade paperback.
- Matt Miner (GWAR: Orgasmageddon, Lab Raider)
- Sean Von Gorman (This Nightmare Kills Fascists, Love is Love)
- Gab Contreras (All We Ever Wanted: Stories of a Better World, 2000 AD)
- Taylor Esposito (Red Hood and the Outlaws, Fresh Romance)
Kickstarter video features a sample of "EAT YOUR FACE," the new Toe Tag Riot* single that's been burning up the charts ever since the band reunited!
* IRL recorded by TTR's buddy Rene Rosa - full version available along with the band's previous hit "Toe Tag Riot" on the cassette single reward tier.
Risks and challenges
Let's be real: Kickstarters are a beast, and there are always going to be challenges, but between Matt and Sean, we've run 6 successful Kickstarter projects in the past —so we know where the pitfalls are, we know how to hustle and how to promote, and we feel absolutely confident we can bang this out and make a very very cool book in the process.
There is a great publisher onboard to publish Return of the Toe Tag Riot, as long as we can pay the art and creative costs with the successful Kickstarter.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)