Krampus in the Corner is the first joint project of husband and wife team Justin and Lindsay Cristelli. Both are fans of horror and fantasy and love the legend of the Krampus, the Christmas Demon. In Eastern European lore, Krampus is the companion of Santa Claus. While Santa rewards the good children, Krampus punishes the bad and naughty kids! He has no mercy, and if you slip up he will beat you...or worse.
A creepy parody of Elf on the Shelf, Krampus in the Corner is sure to amuse horror fans and those who love dark, subversive humor.
Written by Justin and illustrated by Lindsay, Krampus in the Corner is a 32 page, 11 by 8.5 inch picture book told from Krampus's point of view. Unlike the Elf, Krampus does not speak in rhyme. Read along as he tells what horrors await you if you misbehave! Featuring 16 full-color, painted illustrations.
Warning: This book is not intended for young children. It is a horror parody featuring scary situations and mild gore.
Each plush doll 12 inches tall and feature a bundle of sticks for spanking and a frightened child in his basket! It is jointed at the hips and shoulders so it can be posed.
They are being manufactured by Gann Memorials.
Add-ons are additional items you may purchase in addition to your chosen reward. Select an add-on by doing the following:
- Click the “manage your pledge” button on the project page.
- Increase your pledge by the amount needed to claim the add-on(s). (Prices listed below.)
- Save your pledge. Do not change the tier that you originally pledged at.
- When we send backer surveys at the end of the campaign, we will have a space for you to list any add-ons you paid for.
- Button pack (set of 4 buttons) - add $5 each
- Christmas cards (set of 6 cards) - add $12 each
- Soft cover book - add $16 each ($15 for the book and $1 to cover extra postage)
- Plush toy - add $22 each ($20 for the plush and $2 to cover extra postage)
Goals and Funds:
Our initial goal is $2800. This will allow us to print 100 copies of the book (including purchasing an isbn and barcode) and purchase enough custom printed fabric and supplies for 100 dolls. It will also let us fill and ship all other backer rewards (buttons and cards.)
Any funds raised over our goal will be used to print more copies of the book and make more dolls!
Risks and challenges
Currently, we don't anticipate any major problems or delays with this project. The book is written and the interior artwork is complete. The doll is designed, prototype created, and is ready to be produced.
While there is always the possibility that printing, sewing the dolls, or shipping will take longer than estimated we will do our best to get the rewards to you as quickly as possible. We are planning to have everything produced and shipped by the end of November. We will keep everyone up to date with backer updates! Thank you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)