About this project
The Creature Den has only been operating since Nov 2014 and has already seen amazing responses at local fairs, galleries, and markets (both on- and offline). Our initial round of funding consisted of savings and donations from family, and we successfully got all the equipment needed to produce high-quality pieces efficiently.
The Rhino was the first piece, then came the T-Rex and Unicorn, followed by the Elephant, Whale, Bear, and Hammerhead.
***Now we need your help to expand the Menagerie!****
Now it is time for the second phase: expanding the Creature Den line and increasing production capabilities. This is where you can help!
Get your own custom Creature or Creature Feature to help us meet our fundraising goals! (Available Options listed below)
All pieces are handcrafted in downtown LA, with all materials and parts from US suppliers. These are not mass produced or outsourced in any way and all maintain a high level of quality and craftsmanship. Additional skilled craftspeople are/will be utilized as necessary to keep up with demand and deadlines.
With your help, a successful fundraising campaign will allow us to:
- Expand The Creature Den line with 5-6 new Creatures (Bull, Giraffe, Jackalope, Owl + 2 possible Creature Creator Reward Choices),
- Make new molds of existing Creatures, replacing the current ones that are wearing out, as well as making multiple molds of each. The more molds we have of each Creature, the more efficient we can be, but mold-making supplies are expensive. Buying in bulk brings tremendous savings. The amount actually needed will depend on the success of the campaign and amounts of molds needed in order to fill orders (each mold will last roughly 40-60 castings)
- Get an additional Pressure Chamber (or 2) to increase the amount of simultaneous castings, expanding production capabilities
- Purchase a custom branding iron with The Creature Den logo for marking pieces
- Cover Kickstarter, marketing and PR costs/fees to increase exposure
If this campaign proves to be a success and exceeds our fundraising goal, we hope to also get :
- A computer for streamlining business tasks and accounting systems
- An iPad to expand Register and Payment capabilities for in-person purchases, as well as use for a Digital Portfolio that I can always have on-hand
Risks and challenges
I obtain the wood plaque backings from a supplier, and the selection and availability can vary. I have a few dozen various shapes already in stock, but final wood plaque options will depend on supplier availability and total amount of claimed rewards.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)