THE FASTBACK JACKET by Jake Wade Well-Made in California
THE FASTBACK JACKET by Jake Wade Well-Made in California
Sustainable, damn comfortable, & thoughtfully manufactured in the USA... From hemp, silk, eucalyptus, corozo & brass.
Sustainable, damn comfortable, & thoughtfully manufactured in the USA... From hemp, silk, eucalyptus, corozo & brass. Read more
About this project
“Measure thrice, check twice, and cut once.”
Join us in launching our first garment under our new line Jake Wade Well-Made, the brand of superior sustainable style. You are not going to find this kind of attention to detail anywhere else, that's why I put my name on it.
We Ride Our Bikes to the Factory
We’ve partnered with an incredible non-profit factory who support, train and employ developmentally disabled adults right here in our own backyard, Chico, California.
With an emphasis on timeless quality, lasting comfort and local manufacturing, The Fastback Jacket is more than just another piece of clothing, it’s a wearable win-win for everyone.
Invest in us, we'll invest in our community and we’ll build a truly sustainable future together. Order a Fastback Jacket for yourself or someone you love, and come along for the ride. Overbuilt to last a lifetime, sustainable to the core, and thoughtfully manufactured in Chico, California.
WHAT WE ARE MADE OF:
1. Fabric made from Planet Earth’s strongest, oldest, and most sustainable material. Brass zippers and snaps from the world’s leading supplier for fine hardware. Natural corozo palm nut buttons, dyed dark brown, like you’d find on a tailored (Italian) suit.
2. Meticulously designed and crafted. Manufactured one-by-one, inspected for quality at every stage, built to pass down for generations. Single needle stitching & reinforced pockets for decades of wearing in.
3. Entirely recyclable, renewable, and prepared for every occasion. Hemp, eucalyptus, silk, recycled polyester, palm nuts, the list goes on. Don’t let the dress code of your next dinner party or work meeting get in the way of the Fastback. Blow your friends away when they ask what you are wearing.
4. Made in our own backyard, Chico, California, where we call home. It has taken us years to build the infrastructure to manufacture our goods in our community. Today, we’re pleased to share our accomplishment with you. A successful campaign will also increase employment in the factory we partnered with by approximately 620%
When I was a kid my father had to sell his 65' Mustang Fastback to pay the bills. The economic downturn of the 90's put us in a tough spot, and we needed to eat. I didn't realize how much he loved that car until I got older. I named this jacket for him and the quality, craftsmanship and sacrifice that the Fastback represents to me.
I was raised in a family of craftsmen, carpenters, and thinkers. My grandfathers participated in WWII, and luckily, both survived the battlefront. They brought back an appreciation for a slower, more deliberate, higher caliber lifestyle. The Fastback Jacket is my heritage expressed to the best of my ability, with their appreciation for getting things done right the first time, made with the future in mind.
About seven years ago I snuck into a tradeshow in the Action Sport industry (think surf, skate, snow) with an expired pass from the year before, and met my future business partner, Andrew. We founded a company called Parallel Revolution, dedicated to producing sustainably manufactured clothing with the goal of becoming “Planet Earth’s Preferred Outfitter.” We’ve learned a lot over the past 5 years, and with this new line we see an opportunity to expand what we have been doing, while uplifting our community by bringing our manufacturing home to Chico, California.
When you wear the Fastback I want you to feel the America that we all inherently love. I want you to feel the Stars and Stripes, the signing of The Declaration, and the address at Gettysburg. I want you to feel, Made in America.
I'm Jake Wade and we believe in Well-Made.
COLOR & MATERIAL OPTIONS
The Fastback is available in two different color and material options: a black hemp herringbone and a charcoal hemp twill.
THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS:
When you start with great raw materials, you end up with great finished products. We spared no expense in finding the best materials for the job, with the intent that the Fastback will last long enough for you to pass down to your children.
FIT // MEASUREMENTS // SIZING: S - XXL
Everyone is a little different. We’ve accounted for longer arms and torso so you can have your jacket altered at your convenience by your favorite local tailor/seamstress.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
Hemp and high-content hemp blend fabrics are:
- Better Feeling... moisture wicking & thermoregulating, keeping you cooler in warm weather and warmer in cool weather.
- Longer Lasting... far more durable than cotton and polyester, hemp wears in (not out), meaning it gets softer without losing strength as the years go by.
- Naturally Protective... from UV protection, mold/mildew resistance and antimicrobial properties, hemp is "alive" and "fighting" for you. Until 1937, the majority of the world's ships used hemp rigging for this reason.
Frankly, hemp is the King of Fiber.
Why 7 Different Pockets?
- 2 for your hands
- 2 for your favorite things
- 3 inside for safe keeping
We believe in balance, and after gathering feedback from our friends and family, the placement/size/utility of these 7 ended up being "just right."
Why a Removable Throatlatch?
For those really cold nights, bike rides and gusty days, button on the throatlatch and ride on!
Why Brass Hardware?
Navies around the world have used brass for centuries for the same reasons, so we took notes. Brass is the optimal choice for longevity, rust prevention, and patina.
Only jackets supported by you and the Kickstarter community will receive custom numbered jackets. One of a kind, forever.
We’ve got nothing to hide and will be keeping you all updated on a daily basis.
FAQ's // MYTHS // FACTS (About Hemp)
It’s a plant. Like peppers, hemp and marijuana are in the same family. One is “hot,” and one is not. The industrial hemp we use is organically grown, processed, spun into yarn and dyed with minimal chemical, pesticide and herbicide interference.
“You can smoke hemp and get high, right?”
No. You’d get a massive headache and damage your lungs.
“Yeah, but if you smoked a lot of it, you’d get high right?”
No. The amount of THC is so low you’d have to smoke hemp nonstop for years to even begin to feel any kind of “high.” You’d likely be hospitalized before this happened.
“Ok, so I could get high from smoking hemp…?”
We strongly recommend not trying this. Plus, you’d be diminishing our supply of hemp for future clothing projects.
“So I should just wear the jacket and be happy with all the compliments I’m going to receive?”
A BIG THANK YOU TO...
Josh and Joe -- Filmmakers
Bogg -- Film Score
Paisani -- Live Music
Sierra Nevada -- Beer Sponsor
The Habitat Lab -- Event Space
Sean & Sam -- Tintype Photography
OM Foods -- Catering
Summer, Gerhart, Don, Dickie, Nadine, Chris, Mimi, Tom, David, Peter, Valerie, Carrie, Rob, Greg, Wendy, Pat, Megan, Derek, Randy and our countless friends from around the world who have gotten us to where we are and will take us to where we will go.
And last bust certainly not least, our families!
Risks and challenges
We’ve been importing hemp and natural material for almost 5 years now, and we’d like to tell you we’ve “seen it all,” but that wouldn’t be accurate. There are numerous possibilities and unforeseen circumstances that could happen, and we’ll do our absolute best to make sure this project goes as smoothly as possible. That being said, we can’t see the future, delays have occurred in the past, shipments have been stopped, U.S. customs has interfered before, the list goes on and on. In the end though, we always get the material we need. Rest assured, we will deliver your jacket.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)