Welcome to our new Kickstarter! Today we are launching our effort for our new "Manor of Madness". In the middle ages, a "manor" was defined as not only the castle, but the lands it was sitting on. And we have created a brand new 11 track GOLD package to immerse you in an adventure set on, in, and around a pretty creepy one! Beware... terror awaits you! 3 of these 11 tracks will never be available individually and will be ONLY part of the GOLD collection sold as one. Every backer of this Kickstarter at the $16+ level will get the GOLD edition including these 3 special tracks.
The "Manor of Madness" basic set gets you all 11 brand spanking new, never before heard Darkraven fantasy/horror tracks listed below. Each track is 15 minutes to minimise looping (totalling 2.75 hours of creepy sound!) and will be delivered as 320kbps MP3's.
Track 1) Forest (Day) - Off in the distance, perched on a hill dominating an ancient forest is a castle with a reputation known for leagues. To approach the castle, one must first travel a day and night through a forest which travellers have warned against repeatedly. Without a doubt, there is something not right about these woods.
Track 2) Forest (Night) - As the first day of travel winds to a close, the character of the forest changes abruptly. In the distance, through the trees, faces stare at the travellers. Though when travellers are set out to inspect the apparitions, they disappear in the mist and no explanation can be found.
Track 3) Castle Courtyard (Day) - This track paints the picture of a decaying frontier fortress with a skeleton garrison. We hear the lone hammering of a strangely behaving lone smith as he goes about his business.
Track 4) Castle Courtyard (Night) - This tracks put you in the castle courtyard in the night. Dry leaves blow about the feet of the traveller. For some reason it always storms and there is a gale nights. No explanation has been found for this emotionally burdensome weather.
Track 5) GOLD ONLY (never to be sold as an individual track) - Drafty Castle Interior (Day) - As the winds blow about the castle and a crow cries its warnings from afar, it sounds as if the draft opens and closes ancient doors. However, mysterious footsteps hint at other phenomenon.
Track 6) Drafty Castle Interior (Night) - Night changes the pyschological character of the castle. It presses in upon the minds of the travellers. Voices, footsteps and otherworldly tones threaten to break the spirit of those seeking answers here.
Track 7) GOLD ONLY (never to be sold as an individual track) - What Was That? - The travellers penetrate deeper into the mystery and the fortress begins to grudgingly give up its secrets. Mysterious noises -- real and imagined -- plague the psyches of those who would seek to disturb the long resting mysteries of these ill souls who inhabit these cold walls.
Track 8) Dungeon of the Castle - Below the surface of the courtyard lies a crypt with unspeakable horrors and lorded over by a long dead spirit of the sorcerer Nacatheb. Surrounded by tombs and dozens of mummified corpses as well as scattered bones dragged about by animals which had on occasion forced entry, you may be getting closer to the source of the disturbances. Enter at your own peril.
Track 9) Growing Terror - The forces that eat at the soul of this ancient fortress begin to push back against the traveller's inquisitive assault. The terror in the voice of a long-dead maiden can be heard as your party realizes this is not the place to be and consider a withdrawal from the fortress to the safety of the town which was passed two days journey before arriving at the walls of this temple of evil.
Track 10) Tower of the Wailing Princess - The fortress rebels in earnest as the spirits and evils of the ancient walls come alive, penetrating the minds and psyche of the travellers. Is it possible to continue in this state?
Track 11) GOLD ONLY (never to be sold as an individual track) - AS YET UNDECIDED! We want you to help us decide on this track during this Kickstarter!
As a part of this Kickstarter, Darkraven offers you items from our back-catalogue to make your Manor of Madness adventure come to life. Some of the backer levels contain these items by default. This section gives you some detail on those additional options. Depending on which backer level you choose, you can get:
1. CASTLE RAVENSTEIN - This is our massive, 72 square foot, 6 level castle map with a 25 page adventure guide. Shown in detail above in the Castle+Dungeon Ravenstein Adventure Pack Add-On Graphic.
2. DUNGEON RAVENSTEIN - This is our massive, 36+ square foot 3 level dungeon map with a 141 page adventure guide. This stunning adventure was hand crafted with love and more passion than we have ever seen poured into any project we have worked on. You will find an epic adventure here with amazing graphics taking place in the dungeon beneath Castle Ravenstein. Packed with everything you will need to run your ultimate horror fantasy adventure.
3. "Dungeon Delver Pack" - Contains 13 underworld tracks from our original "Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes" product. Everything from "Dungeon Entry" with distant activity (without activity as a FREE alternative). To overnighting in a dungeon with and without distant activity (without activity as a FREE alternative). 4 hours of sound. Details at darkravengames.com HERE. Sample tracks below in order are: 1) Dungeon Entry (distant activity), 2) Overnighting In A Dungeon (distant activity), 3) Thaumaturge's Tomb.
4. "Forest of the Necromancer" - Contains 8 fifteen minute tracks from our original "Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes" to bring your adventures in forests alive. Here you get tracks like "Haunted Clearing", "Nighttime in the Forest of the Necromancer", "Campfire in the Forest of the Necromancer", and more. 2.5 hours of sound bring your woods to life. Details at darkravengames.com HERE. Sample tracks below in order are: 1) Haunted Clearing, 2) Storm In The Forest, 3) At The Edge Of The Woods, 4) Hiking Through The Swamp In The Rain, 5) Evil About
5. "Blasted Lands" - Contains 8 fifteen minute tracks from our original "Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes" Brings the borderlands that Castle Ravenstein is set in to life. Here you get wind blowing over castle ramparts with flags waving in the breeze. You get strong storms. What it sounds like to shelter in a cottage as a massive storm is blowing by. As well as several other tracks with inclement weather. 2 hours of sound. Details at darkravengames.com HERE. Sample tracks below in order are: 1) Campfire On A Hilltop, 2) Field of the Ravens, 3) Hilltop Fortress
6. Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes. Our first successful Kickstarter product with 220+ backers! Now with MORE tracks! Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes - Colossus Edition - delivers 70 tracks of dungeons, frozen wastes, imperial cities, and even sounds for your ocean going adventures. This package contains over 17 HOURS of sound to keep your role playing games immersive. Most tracks are 15 minutes long to reduce repetition patterns for a better gaming experience. Details at darkravengames.com HERE. Sample tracks below in order are: 1) Port town (daytime), 2) Inn of the Broken Eagle (indoors - day), 3) Imperial Bazaar, 4) Shelter In A Cave, 5) Large Battle
Risks and challenges
Risks are low. Darkraven Games has created and shipped over 9 audio projects. While we have experienced a hiccup with the massive Redux project because of the epic amount of Hollywood quality music coming out of that one, we are very familiar with the pure sound projects and have a good feel for upcoming challenges and issues. None of our pure sound projects have been more than two weeks late. And most were delivered on time or weeks ahead of schedule.
Disclaimer: Though we have always delivered a product which was exactly as described in our Kickstarters, because things can change and unexpected challenges arise, Darkraven reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without prior notice.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (17 days)