About this project
We have just reached our funding goal! but please do keep pledging! there are great rewards still on offer and every $ / £ is much needed!
Four short films from four ATP festivals offering a fan’s eye view of one of the most unique and uncompromising music events in the world, shot by one of music’s most original and independent filmmakers.
The four films will be:
- From Smoke - Portishead’s Nightmare Before Christmas, narrated by Damo Suzuki.
- From Hybrid - Explosions in the Sky’s ATP, narrated by Saul Williams.
- The Melvins/Mike Patton curated Nightmare Before Christmas, narrated by Lydia Lunch
- 10 Years of All Tomorrow’s Parties festival, narrated by Josh Pearson.
Vincent Moon (the Take Away Shows) went to ATP as a fan on numerous occasions documenting his experiences each time. Some of his footage was used in the fan-sourced feature documentary All Tomorrow’s Parties (directed by All Tomorrow’s People and Jonathan Caouette - http://warp.net/films/atp). That film was completed and released in 2009 but Vincent continued to return to the festival and shoot as a fan, running around the site capturing the unique atmosphere and some incredible performances in his own inimitable style.
The edit for his first stand-alone short film was completed last year and the footage for the next 3 short films is in the can.
Please help us complete post-production so we can get the films out into the world for FREE! (after an exclusive 3 month period where they’ll be available for contributors only).
With your help we will edit a further trilogy of short films (each one approximately 30 minutes) in order to complete this unique project. Bands documented, and intended for the final films (subject to clearance) include Broken Social Scene, Explosions In The Sky, Four Tet, Animal Collective, The National, Saul Williams, Monotonix, Fantomas, Taraf De Haidouks, Teenage Jesus And The Jerks, Rahzel, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Afrirampo, Sleepy Sun and many others.
Your contributions will help us pay for:
- Film editing fees (an editor, the rental of an edit machine, and color grading)
- Legal work, permissions and clearances for music and artists included in the films.
- Sound mixing and post production.
- Hard drives for the footage and web hosting fees for the eventual video.
How to help:
Your money is not taken until the project is funded in full. If the project is not funded, no money is taken.
Your payment is processed through Amazon (and is as easy as buying a CD, Book or DVD from Amazon.com)
Donate as little as $1 / £0.65p
Exclusive preview access for the films for only $10 / £6.42
Thank you very much for your support and please help us to make these films a reality!
Support this project
- (30 days)