First off, we want to take a moment to thank everyone for all their support during this long journey. The day is here though and codes have been sent out to backers for the game and DLC on all platforms. That said, no game launch, no matter how big or small, goes off without a hitch, and there have been issues. We'll go through those shortly.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding this morning and throughout the day. Please know that the teams at Gun Media and Illfonic are working around the clock to address them as best possible. We will be keeping our Social Media up to date with the latest news. Please follow Friday the 13th: The Game on Twitter at @Friday13thGame. As well, you can follow us on Facebook if you prefer.
Known Launch Issues That We Are Addressing
We have some issues we want to make all Backers aware of about the game, DLC and codes to help put people at ease and make everyone aware of what is going on.
1) PS4 North America DLC codes are showing up as "Inactive" - Currently the DLC codes are inactive because we are waiting for final review of a patch by Sony. Once this is approved, the codes will begin working. We expect approval soon.
2) Some Xbox One Full Game Digital Codes were not delivered - There is a small percentage of backers that have yet to receive codes. We received fewer codes than were needed from Microsoft and are working to rectify this. We will send these out as soon as they are received. We apologize for the delay/inconvenience.
3) PS4 EU/AUS DLC Codes have not been received yet - We are waiting to receive codes for the Savini DLC and the Counselor Clothing Pack for the EU/AUS region. As soon as these codes are received we will get them out to you.
4) Steam DLC not showing up in game - Currently the Savini Jason Skin DLC and Counselor Clothing Pack do not show up in the game after the code is entered. The team at Illfonic is working on a patch to address this issue. Do not worry, the items are there and associated with your account, they will be fully enabled soon in the next update.
5) Steam Dedicated Server Downtime - We are currently being slammed by thousands and thousands of players and had our servers go down. The servers should be back up, but there is a chance of downtime as we manage server load and spin up more servers to meet demand. If you encounter a server error, please try playing a Private Match with friends. If you need to find players please head over to the Steam Forums to get together with other Friday the 13th: The Game fans.
6) Hard to Quick Match on Steam Version in the EU - We are currently increasing the amount of dedicated servers in the EU. Thank you for understanding and please be patient as they are spun up and come online.
7) Not Enough Dedicated Australia Game Servers on Steam - Game servers are being spun up in Australia to accommodate demand. Please be patient as they begin to come online.
8) Steam Backend Profile Database Servers Being Upgraded - The Player Profiles and Stat Servers that track player progression are being crushed under the weight of all the players logging on to play the game this Memorial Day weekend. If you noticed issues with your progression level, this is why. The team is currently working to migrate all data over to a beefier tier of Amazon servers. Stay tuned to Twitter and Facebook for updates on this.
9) Friday the 13th: The Game is not available in the PS4 Asia Region yet - Due to certification submission issues, the game is not yet available in the Asia Region on PS4. Please bear with us as we work towards getting the game up in this region.
Physical Copies and Merch Delayed - Purchasers Get Free Digital Download Codes
Over a month ago we announced that Physical copies of the game were delayed and sent emails to all backers that had purchased Physical on any platform in either regular, Signed, Collector's Edition, or Signed Collector's Edition. We understand that emails can be missed, so we'd like to reaffirm to everyone what the status is on this issue.
Thank you for understanding the extreme demands of the game development process, manufacturing and shipping and international customs hurdles we face to get the games to your doorsteps and in your hands.
In that original email announcement, we said we'd be giving full digital game codes to all Physical purchasers, and that has been done. Look for a digital code so you can play on your platform of choice today, at launch, with everyone else. We will update everyone when we have more information on when shipping of physical merch will begin.
We are getting a lot of questions about various things regarding pre-orders from BackerKit or backing the game on Kickstarter.
1) We Can No Longer Accept Platform Change Requests - Codes have been received from each platform holder (Sony/MS/Valve) and these requests for codes were based off of orders that were locked down in BackerKit. The codes have been distributed as well, and we can no longer allow platform changes from anyone. We're sorry, this is just the reality of where we are in the process (locked down and actively fulfilling orders). If you are interested in playing on other platforms, please consider purchasing the game on them.
2) Shipping Address Changes Can Still Be Made - Any and all physical orders requiring a delivery address can still be updated by you in your BackerKit account settings. If you need to update your Shipping Address, please go to https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com/ to login in and update your address. We will update everyone when ship dates approach and when we will be locking in all addresses. Thank you!
There have been people requesting assistance with their codes and orders. Please read through the issues above and the instructions below.
1) Emails Not Being Received - Sometimes backer emails get caught in Spam settings and end up in a Spam folder, please check your Spam folders. Other times an ISP may block them outright before being received (rare). In lieu of getting an email, please login to your BackerKit account to get your Digital Download codes for the game. Head to https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com/ and login. Be sure to check your multiple surveys if you have placed multiple orders through BackerKit.
2) Need Further Assistance with an Issue or Question Not Mentioned - If there is an issue you can't find a way to resolve in your account, please stay logged in on BackerKit and contact their customer support through the website. Using their contact page, please describe your issue and then be patient as they work their way through the support tickets to get to yours. BackerKit has been a tremendous support to us, but they are only human and are currently on the front-lines being overwhelmed by requests for assistance. We're all working to ensure everyone can get into the game and receives everything they ordered. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Single Player Update
We've gotten some questions about Single Player, and wanted to clear things up. When we delayed the game and announced that we were working on Single Player mode addition, we also let everyone know that it would not be ready till Summer 2017. That said, work on it began late last Fall. The Single Player update will be free to all owners of Friday the 13th: The Game on all platforms, and will be in your hands late Summer.
Virtual Team Member/Community Design Team Rewards
The teams at Gun and Illfonic have been heads down working to finish this game as quickly as possible for over a year to be able to begin playing it soon with all of you. We're working through launch weekend to iron out all the hiccups. That said, this reward is due to begin shortly after launch. The group of 20 individuals will be our community/player-base liaisons in design meetings that we'll be discussing how to respond to feedback, exploits, balance issues, etc... The dev team will need you to be playing the game, listening to the players feedback as you slash and slay, and bringing their concerns to the meeting as representatives of the entire player community.
The good news is all backers at this level will be involved in the design process and get to go behind the scenes during one of the most fun periods of times on the project. We all hope the backers who got this reward take the responsibility and opportunity seriously, as we'd love to have you as part of the team while growing and evolving the game to be bigger and even better. Emails will be going out soon to go over everything so be on the lookout. We are very excited, as there will be a lot to talk about over the course of the life of the game.
This is an exciting day for all of us at Gun Media, Illfonic and for all of the Horror Legends involved with the game! Thank you for all the support on this crazy journey. It's not over, though. We'll still be hard at work keeping the game updated, addressing any issues that may come up, building the Single Player mode, and expanding the game over the upcoming months. This simply could not have been accomplished without the support and backing of the F13 Army. This dream to bring Jason Voorhees back to the masses and deliver a game worthy of the Friday the 13th name would not of been possible without you. We wish you all the best and want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we sort through the issues and drive over the roadbumps.
Spread the word! It's time to start slaying counselors and running for your lives! See you all at camp!
- Gun Media & Illfonic