Introducing Monster Boy
Hi beautiful backers,
We've got a very important news regarding our Flying Hamster II project. Many things have changed or evolved since we canceled our Kickstarter campaign and decided to make it happen through our collaboration with FDG Entertainment. So let's recap it with some shiny bullet point lists:
THINGS THAT COMPLETELY CHANGED:
- The game has a new name: Monster Boy
- Monster Boy will be an all-new adventure and as we closely work together with Ryuichi Nishizawa (creator of the original Monster World) it can be considered as an official part of the series. Since the trademark is owned by SEGA we had to pick a different name
- No more hamsters but a new hero with a story matching with the Monster World universe
THINGS THAT GOT BETTER:
- Tons of new hand-drawn graphics and an improved art style
- Two new transformations replacing the bear and the hamster
- While the game still has a huge open-world, some of the environments have changed for fitting more with the Monster World universe
THINGS THAT DIDN'T CHANGE:
- As a Flying Hamster II backer you'll still get your free copy of Monster World when it will be released (please refer to KS Update #12 for more information)
- Michiru Yamane is still supporting this project and currently works on several amazing tracks
- The gameplay remains exactly like what we initially planned
- Our hard-working team, more dedicated to this project than ever!
So we're thrilled to announce that this beautiful project is no more just a Monster World clone but a real new official part of the series. Once again thanks to both our publisher FDG Entertainment and Mr. Nishizawa who pushed this project in the most incredible good direction.
And of course: thank YOU for believing in our team and contributed to make this game happen.
Fabien and the MONSTER BOY Team