Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on April 25, 2014.
About this project
Update: Kickstarter Campaign is canceled, FDG Entertainment joins the adventure!
Check out the project updates to know more!
Video: You can watch the project video in 1080p ON YOUTUBE.
Project overview: Flying Hamster II is an ACTION-ADVENTURE GAME with PLATFORMING and RPG design elements (some may call it Metroidvania). It is the direct sequel from the game Flying Hamster (2010) and is made by the same passionate team of professionals.
Why this project:
- Flying Hamster (2010) was downloaded 1.7M+ times on PS Vita, PSP and iOS, including both free and paid versions.
- We received many messages from fans asking for a SEQUEL.
- But most importantly: many people are craving for a new WONDER BOY / MONSTER WORLD game.
Flying Hamster II is our answer to both Monster World AND Flying Hamster fans, and more largely to any action-adventure games lover.
Why we need you: With your support you can help us make Flying Hamster II happen, and target new platforms!
Platforms: Flying Hamster II is developed for WINDOWS (Steam Key + DRM-free download), and depending on Stretch Goals achieved our goal is a multi-platform release on PLAYSTATION 4, PLAYSTATION VITA, XBOX ONE, NINTENDO 3DS and WII U.
Estimated release: Mid-2015.
Flying Hamster II is a 2D sidescrolling Action-RPG with hand-drawn 1080p Full HD graphics (note: resources are all in 4k resolution, just in case we require to use them one day), top notch animations and unique Flying Hamster humour signature!
Our main inspirations are the Wonder Boy / Monster World, Zelda series and Secret Of Mana, and along with our vision of what a 2D platformer RPG should be, we are ready to deliver the best gaming experience ever.
- EXPLORE the world, loot and slash many different enemies with your best weapons. Find new equipment and unique transformations granting you access to tons of secret passages and hideouts.
- DISCOVER the beautiful hand-drawn 2D environments in Full HD, talk and fight with smoothly animated characters or huge bosses.
- LIVE the amazing adventures of Newton the Flying Hamster, dive into this fantastic video game with its epic story and catchy soundtrack.
- Transformations: Newton can change into several different animals, each one with its unique capabilities: while the BEAR is strong and can destroy almost everything, the SNAKE can sneak into small gaps and climb walls, the FROG may use his tongue to grab almost anything, and the PIG whilst cute is pretty useless. These transformations are all complementary but of course the only one with flying capabilities is the HAMSTER.
- Primary weapons: Newton is equipped with a wide variety of weapons from the regular gladius sword to the whip and even a morning star. He can also be equipped with more advanced magical weaponry that is capable of more than just hitting foes (i.e: the Ice Sword can create ice blocks when used on water).
- Spitting: Newton has the unique ability to stock various stuff in his jowls and SPIT it at his enemies. He is also capable of charging and releasing SPECIAL ATTACKS. Each type of ammo has a different special attack, and if Newton runs out of ammo, he still can use his own spit unlimitedly!
- Equipment: Interacting with your environment in Flying Hamster II is closely related to the equipment at your disposal. ITEMS, HELMETS, SHIELDS, ARMOR and BOOTS are more than just classic helpful stat modifiers. They help to access many hidden areas (i.e: Want to walk on the bottom of the ocean? Use the Heavy Boots. Or maybe on a lava lake? Just equip yourself with the Ice Boots).
- Puzzle solving: The World of Flying Hamster II contains some simple puzzles that will require a bit more than sword dexterity. One of the most exciting puzzles is the possibility to ROTATE THE WORLD by using the tongue of Newton in Frog guise. This is a very fun feature but it can get very confusing to find your way out of the lost temple maze.
Welcome to GOLDSEEDIA, home of dragons, monsters and other mystical beings! Prepare to explore this vast OPEN WORLD with its beautifully hand-drawn regions (non-exhaustive list):
- Goldseety, the central town
- Turtle Islands
- The Enchanted Forest
- The Maze Cave
- The Penguin Fortress
- Underground Sewers
- The Lost Temple
Note: If you pledge for an INSIDER HAMSTER reward-tier or higher, we’ll ask you to VOTE for new environment designs. Check out the STRETCH GOALS below for more information.
- Crocodiles from the Underground Sewers:
- The Army of Penguins:
- Common Griffin:
- Various other foes:
Note: If you pledge for an INSIDER HAMSTER reward-tier or higher, we’ll ask you to VOTE for new enemy designs. Check out the STRETCH GOALS below for more information.
Here’s a quick preview of some bosses you will encounter in Flying Hamster II. Every boss has its weakness that’s why you’ll need to experiment with different weapons or projectiles before you can get rid of them.
- The Red Dragon
- King Frog
- Ketz the Feathered Snake
Note: If you pledge for an INSIDER HAMSTER reward-tier or higher, we’ll ask you to VOTE for new boss designs. Check out the STRETCH GOALS below for more information.
Here's a first sample including the Flying Hamster II Main Theme (from the trailer) plus The Penguin Fortress research track (also available on SoundCloud):
The full sound track could be composed by true living legends who worked on VERY FAMOUS game series. But this all depends on YOU! Stay tuned to discover the names of these amazing artists and check out the STRETCH GOALS below for more information.
- Michiru Yamane: Maybe you never heard of her name, but you certainly played one of the many games she worked on before. Check out this page for her complete discography.
- Mysterious Music Composer #2: Coming soon!
The story is a direct follow up to the first Flying Hamster (2010).
After deafeating the Nerdy Alien Boss, Newton finally got back his tasty GOLDEN SEED and ate it at once. But as it turns out this was not a great idea: as soon as he finishes his delicious seed our fearless hamster feels sick and quickly transforms into a PIG, thus removing the capacity to wear any clothes and, even worse, losing his flying ability.
Newton has no other choice but to find a way to CURE HIMSELF. Fortunately he’ll quickly discover that other very RARE LEGENDARY SEEDS exist in the World and eating one of them may turn him back to a Hamster. But finding them won’t be so easy as plenty of monsters and other evil creatures will try to stop him.
During his quest Newton will eventually stumble upon a VERY STRANGE TOWN full of weird unknown beings but hiding a great unexpected SECRET.
Here starts Newton’s journey to recover his original form as the one and only FLYING HAMSTER.
Note: If you pledge for an “Insider Hamster” reward-tier or higher, we’ll ask you to VOTE for some key points on the game’s story.
Here’s an overview of our core team. Please take a look at our avatars, they are close to what your in-game character might look like if you pledge for “Your Hamster Face” reward-tier.
Stretch Goals are important since the game’s CONTENT and FEATURES can be IMPROVED in a big way. Extra Worlds, extra equipement, extra quests can add depth to the adventure and unforgettable additional HOURS OF GAMEPLAY. Furthermore there are so many other exciting PLATFORMS we’d love to release Flying Hamster II on but we can’t do it without YOUR HELP.
Help us create the greatest adventure action game of all time!
We will reward you with different GOODIES, access to our DEV BLOG and BETA BUILDS during development. Please note that every pledge is CUMULATIVE and includes all the rewards from lower-tier pledges.
Here are the different rewards available:
* About physical rewards: Every pledge including a physical product (Audio CD, T-Shirt or Art Book) includes the SHIPPING FEES, regardless of where in the World you live.
ONLY YOU have the power to help us make Flying Hamster II the best game of all time, and here’s how you can simply do that:
- 1 - FINANCIALLY SUPPORT this project by choosing the pledge of your choice and become an official Flying Hamster II BACKER.
- 2 - COMMENT and leave your impressions about the game, tell us what you like or hate, what you’d love to see in the final game, what are your favourite features from other similar games. We are very attentive of your remarks and need to gather as much feedback as possible during this campaign.
- 3 - GREENLIGHT Flying Hamster II on Steam using the following link and share it with every friend of yours.
- 4 - CONNECT with our official Flying Hamster page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe on Youtube, and if you are a true fan please share all the images from our FAN KIT.
- 5 - STAY TUNED and participate in several POLLS we plan to make during the game production. You’ll have the power to help choose ideas or characters we’ve come up with.
Game Atelier is an independent studio located in Paris, France. Since 2010 we have developed HIGH QUALITY TITLES like Flying Hamster, SunFlowers and Crazy Market and published some critically acclaimed games like Gauge and Zorbie.
We are authorized developers with SONY and registered to the MICROSOFT ID@Xbox program.
And last but not least, we don’t rely on any game creator engine but we use our own multi-platform FRAMEWORK and home-made TOOLS for our productions.
We simply need your help to fund the development of Flying Hamster II.
With the initial funding goal of $150k we can make a great game with our small core team and cover the production costs of every reward you can order with your pledge. From our past experience we know exactly the cost of making a game, which requires funding and time investment. The more funds we collect, the more people we can hire to work on code, levels, music, equipment, enemies and bosses we can put in Flying Hamster II. So the overall QUALITY and CONTENT of the final game relies entirely on you. Only YOU have the super power to push it from a good game to an incredible game.
Risks and challenges
Flying Hamster II is by far the most ambitious project we’ve ever planned. Before launching this campaign we worked for months on writing, drawing and coding so we can answer any question regarding all aspects of the game. Pushing our research this far was mandatory to make something that would be really exciting and surprising but that was just the beginning of our journey.
Now we’re here with this campaign, more determined than ever to give you the BEST of what we do and preparing ourselves for this production: our proprietary framework and tools are being updated while we build the community around Flying Hamster II.
Making YOU a part of the adventure via Kickstarter is something we never did before: it is as exciting as it is challenging. Our primary mission now is simply not to disappoint during and after this campaign, but most importantly when you’ll play the final version of Flying Hamster II.
With your help, we’re ready to fully use our experience, share our knowledge and surpass ourselves in delivering the best gaming experience ever. BE A PART OF IT and let’s shoot for the stars together.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
PC version will be available worldwide while console versions will be available in North America, South America, Europe and the Australia territories.
The in-game text will be available in at least the English and French language. As the game natively supports multiple languages we will be pushing to add as many other translations as we can.
Yes, you can use every graphic material you can find in our Flying Hamster II FAN KIT and use it either on your website or on Social Networks.
Get the FAN KIT now at this address:
Yes, of course! The game is built around the use of controllers as well as keyboards.
The game will have a central city where you’ll have access to the different countries but you’ll be able to find some passageways to interconnect with the different regions. It can be summed up by hub based open world.
Yes, by ordering Flying Hamster II on PC Windows, you'll get both a DRM free version + a Steam key.
Yes, simply select your reward tier, then you will see a text field where you can enter your total pledge amount. For each additional download code please add $12 to your pledge amount. You can add multiple copies for the same platform or mix it up.
At the end of a successfully funded campaign we will start development. During the course of development backers will be sent a survey which allows them to select their platform/console(s) of choice.
- (30 days)