:: OUR STORY
- NoBob was created by a mother who was tired of watching her daughter fall asleep in the backseat of the car and then have her head start bobbing. Frustrated by watching her slumped over, and trying to dangerously adjust it while driving, the idea of NoBob was born. With multiple rounds of prototyping and testing now complete, the goal of this Kickstarter campaign is to bring the innovative NoBob to market. Its patent-pending design ensures a universal fit with most car seats or boosters with a back. For parents it's easy to install, easy to adjust and safe to use, allowing children to sleep comfortably in the car so their parents can focus on driving safely. Designed to gently cradle a child's forehead while sleeping, it also prevents them from pulling it over their neck while awake.
:: THE SOLUTION: NoBob
- Originally created for kids, NoBob was designed for young children to love just like their other favorite stuffed animals. Irresistible, soft and adorable, kids look forward to getting in the car and putting on their NoBobs. To make it even more fun, kids can choose from among 5 lovable NoBob characters (pictured below) each with a unique dream.
- Matching Travel Pillows: Complete your NoBob ensemble with a matching travel pillow. Worn together, the NoBob and accompanying travel pillow present the appearance of an adorable animal buddy embracing kids with a cuddly hug. Plus it helps minimize the sideways tilt of the head that occurs in some car seats.
- PANDY MO MO have been ordered and 200 will be air shipped so we can deliver early - THE END OF JULY!!! Pledge now and be one of the first to receive your NoBob!
:: TEN ESSENTIAL FEATURES
:: PRODUCT SAFETY & TESTING
- NoBob was tested in a NHTSA COMPLIANCE CONTRACTED CRASH TEST FACILITY and passed with flying colors. NoBob is designed and tested to slip UP and OFF the head in the event of in a vehicular accident. NoBob allows the body and car seat to function as it normally would in this situation. The strap design ensures it stays on your child's head while sleeping and prevents a child from pulling it over his or her head while awake.
- Although not designed as a vehicle safety product, per se, the NoBob helps reduce the incidence of driver distraction by allowing parents to focus on the road instead their kids' bobbing heads during travel napping.
- Parents must properly install the child safety seat and make sure kids are properly secured in their seats - for advise on how to do this visit your local fire department or visit these link:
- How to secure your child in a car seat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eug3dOkt9I
- How to install a car seat: http://www.safercar.gov/parents/carseats/how-to-install-car-seats.htm
:: NoBobAir FOR ADULT TRAVEL NAPPERS
- How many times have you taken an early AM or overnight flight and tried to sleep on a plane? You probably bobbed your head many times, or slouched over never getting the deep sleep you need. If you do manage to sleep, you most likely would wake with a sore neck. Now with NoBobAir those bobbing days are in the past, and you can look forward to a comfortable and pain-free nap while traveling. (A universal seat attachment that fits most economy seats - even those with a TV is coming soon)
:: PLEDGE CATEGORIES AND REWARDS
✼✼ For all international orders backers will be responsible for duties although many countries do not charge duties on neck pillows and plush items.
:: Meet Our Team
Risks and challenges
As with any business, there are always unexpected challenges, including production risks. We have mitigated potential risks to production by completing design of all the children prototypes, completing all prototype crash testing at a government crash testing facility, and engaging a manufacturer that has already produced prototype samples for us. Also, we will inspect the manufacturer's quality during production. As for the adult version, our initial prototypes are completed, but we are still in a testing phase to ensure the very highest product quality. We believe the first release of the NoBobAir final prototypes should be ready within 21 days.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)