Jungle Ascent: Magnet Edition & Hidden Dangers preview
Hello fellow adventurers,
We're halfway to reaching the Hidden Dangers overfund! To celebrate, we're gonna share some of the cards we're testin' for ya...
But first, we're excited to announce a couple things with the magnet sets you'll all be receiving. First, here's closer look at what you'll be getting:
That's a LOT of magnets! Also, you see the extra Golem, Crusher, and such under the Adventurers? Those are just placeholders for the Hidden Dangers pathways and hazards you folks'll be unlocking.
Which brings up the second magnet-y thing: MAGNETIC JUNGLE ASCENT, a new backer level of a playable magnetic set of the game with a static cling board! You'll be able to play Jungle Ascent on any 10" x 10" magnetic surface.
If you'd like to add the static cling board and extra set of magnets to another reward level, just add $10 to your backing amount per set you'd like and message us to properly notate your account.
Now then, the Hidden Dangers mini-expansion preview! Bear in mind these are subject to change with playtesting:
- Smasher (Horizontal Moving Hazard): "The Smasher moves one space to the [right or left] at the beginning of your turn." [Ed. note: There would be a Smasher for each direction.]
- Crumbling Ledge (Horizontal Pathway): "The Crumbling Ledge is destroyed if any player ends their turn with a pawn on it."
- Force Field (Horizontal Pathway): "No Hazard may be placed overlapping Force Field. If a Hazard moves onto it, the Hazard is discarded immediately, before pushing any pawns or destroying Force Field."
- Control Panel (Horizontal Pathway): "If any player moves her pawn onto the Control Panel, that player removes any Hazards she own from the board."
- Sabotage (Interrupt): "Play at the beginning of any player's turn. Choose one of the following: Ladders, Bridges, or Conveyor Belts. That player may not play that card type this turn."
- Reverse Polarity (Interrupt): "Play at the beginning of any player's turn. Until the end of that turn, all conveyor belts push pawns in the opposite direction."
- Sudden Animation (Effect, 1 Act): "Choose a Moving Hazard already in play. Move it immediately 1 square in any direction."
- Jungle Vine (Interrupt): "Play at any time. Move up to 3 squares left or right. Ignore any conveyor belts or gaps. You must end the movement on a pathway square."
- Mad Dash (Effect, 1 Act): "No Effects or Interrupts may be played until the beginning of your next turn."
Thanks again for joinin' us on this adventure! We're still testin' a few other overfund bonuses to share with ya, and we'll share them as soon as they're ready.