Thanks for having a look at Jungle Ascent! This is 5th Street's fifth Kickstarter project. Jungle Ascent is for 2-4 players in 25 minutes ages 8 and up.
OVERFUND 1: $8000 - Magnet Set! SUCCESS!
OVERFUND 2: $12,000 - Hidden Dangers Mini-Expansion! SUCCESS! OVERFUND 3: $15,000 - Holo-Foil Hazards! SUCCESS!
OVERFUND 4: $25,000 - All For One cooperative Mini-Expansion! SUCCESS!ROLLING OVERFUND: Extra holo-foil card for every $1000 over $25K!
OVERFUND 5: $30,000 - Custom Dice Hazard Markers! Pending...
OVERFUND 6: $40,000 - Card Sleeves!Also check us out at www.5thstreetgames.com
What's Jungle Ascent?
Jungle Ascent drops the players at the base of the Cliffs of Frab as one of four adventurers:
Galley Cook Short John, Dr. Livsey, Lady Adventurer Bonny Vane, and Captain Jean-Francois DuBaguette must outwit their fellow adventurers and evade the dangers of the Cliffs of Frab to be the first to reach the top and claim the Ultimate Prize for themselves... and send the rest of the adventurers home empty handed.
How do ya play?
Each turn, players get two actions to do any of the following:
- Move 1 space on a Pathway card
- Play 1 card from hand
- Draw 2 cards
When playing cards, Effects do what they say and are discarded, while Pathway cards and Hazards go onto the board.
Pathway cards allow the player to move up the board, while Hazard cards get in the way or even knock a player off the Pathway cards.
The first player to reach the top of the Cliffs of Frab on a Pathway card wins and gets the Ultimate Treasure all to herself!
What reviewers are saying
"In the end, I could not ask for more from this game except, perhaps, more time to play it." -FatherGeek review
"Jungle Ascent is a strategic game that anyone can enjoy! Don't let the art and description fool you into thinking it's light." -Larry Fettenger, InD20Group
"There are so many ways to play your cards, and yet because there are 'restrictions' as to how certain cards can be played, my wife doesn't get overwhelmed with trying to make the best choice. We love it!" -Nathan, Facebook
What you're backing
When you back Jungle Ascent, all funds will go toward production and shipping of the game and any future 5th Street projects.
What you're getting
You'll receive one (or more) copy of Jungle Ascent, along with any overfund bonuses we reach along the way. Every backed copy will also receive a Print 'n' Play version of Jungle Ascent. US and Canadian backers will receive free shipping, and International backers will receive reduced-cost shipping.
The board will be a 20" x 20" mounted gameboard, while the cards will have a nice linen finish. The tokens will be durable punchboard similar to Castle Dash, and the box'll be 10" x 10" x 1.5" with a smooth finish. Good stuff.
By request, you can also add other 5th Street Games titles to your backing at their original Kickstarter prices! Just add the amount below to your backing amount and message us to properly notate your account.
You can also get additional Magnet Sets for $5 per sheet, a Fridge Playset for $10 per set, extra packs of Holo-Foils for $4 per pack, and extra dice sets for $5.
These will ship with Jungle Ascent in March.
- Castle Dash, $20
- Crow & the Pitcher, $10
- Farmageddon, $12
- My Happy Farm, $17
- Additional Magnet Set, $5
- Fridge Playset (extra magnets & static cling board), $10
- Additional pack of Holo-foil Hazards, $4
- Additional set of Custom Dice Hazard Markers, $5
$8000 - Magnet set! SUCCESS! At $8,000, every backed copy will include a magnet set of bridges, ladders, crushers, fireballs, and adventurers to make her own death-defying scenes on the fridge or at work! You can get additional Magnet sets at $5 per sheet.
$12,000 - Hidden Dangers mini-expansion! We have 8 additional cards we'd love to include it the game, and hitting this overfund will give us the means to do so. Sideways-moving hazards, Crumbling Ledges, and more! Also, the art for the mini-expansion will be by none other than Erin Fusco of FrankenCrop fame. Here's the cards we're currently testing (which are subject to change):
- Smasher (Horizontal Moving Hazard): "The Smasher moves one space to the [right or left] at the beginning of your turn." [Ed. note: There would be a Smasher for each direction.]
- Crumbling Ledge (Horizontal Pathway): "The Crumbling Ledge is destroyed if any player ends their turn with a pawn on it."
- Force Field (Horizontal Pathway): "No Hazard may be placed overlapping Force Field. If a Hazard moves onto it, the Hazard is discarded immediately, before pushing any pawns or destroying Force Field."
- Control Panel (Horizontal Pathway): "If any player moves her pawn onto the Control Panel, that player removes any Hazards she own from the board."
- Sabotage (Interrupt): "Play at the beginning of any player's turn. Choose one of the following: Ladders, Bridges, or Conveyor Belts. That player may not play that card type this turn."
- Reverse Polarity (Interrupt): "Play at the beginning of any player's turn. Until the end of that turn, all conveyor belts push pawns in the opposite direction."
- Sudden Animation (Effect, 1 Act): "Choose a Moving Hazard already in play. Move it immediately 1 square in any direction."
- Jungle Vine (Interrupt): "Play at any time. Move up to 3 squares left or right. Ignore any conveyor belts or gaps. You must end the movement on a pathway square."
- Mad Dash (Effect, 1 Act): "No Effects or Interrupts may be played until the beginning of your next turn."
Here's a few early sketches of the Hidden Dangers mini-expansion:
$15,000 - Holo-Foil Hazard Cards! At $15,000 every backed copy will include a set of holo-foil Hazard Cards for her copy of Jungle Ascent! The set will include one shiny foil each of:
- Horizontal Totem
- Vertical Totem
- Smasher (left)
- Smasher (right)
Whenever a player uses a Hazard, they can switch in one of the shiny ones instead!
$25,000 - All For One cooperative mini-expansion! At $25,000, we'll include the All For One mini-expansion, which turns the game into a co-op game! In All For One, players help each other reach the top of the Cliffs of Frab before the draw deck runs out while avoiding the Hazards the board throws at them. Another fun way to play Jungle Ascent!
ROLLING OVERFUND: Extra Holo-Foils! For every $1000 over $25K, an additional card will be added to the Holo-foil packs! Further, you will be choosing which cards will become foils once funding is finished.
$30,000 - Custom Dice Hazard Markers! At $30,000, every copy will also receive a set of four dice with an adventurer's likeness on each '1' face as bonus Hazard Markers. Each die will match the adventurer's color: Livsey the Normal English Gentleman will be blue, Short John will be yellow, Lady Adventurer Bonny Vane will be red, and Captain Jean-Francois DuBaguette will be green. Further, these dice sets can be ordered for an additional $5 on your backing amount.
$40,000 - Card Sleeves! At $40,000, every copy will come with a pack of Swan Panasia 50mm x 100mm sleeves. The packs come with 160 sleeves; more than enough to sleeve your game and your holofoils.
About the designer & artist, Brian Kohrman
Brian Kohrman, Designer and Artist of Jungle Ascent, lives with his wife Sarah in a delightful little apartment just outside a vast desert wasteland filled with peril, danger, rattlesnakes, and mysterious cliffs.
Brian has been working on Jungle Ascent for over a decade. When he's not game designing, he enjoys camping, biking, playing other games, chilling with Sarah, and going on quests in search of ancient treasure. So far, he hasn't found much, but dangit, he'll keep looking.
Recognition and Awards
Jungle Ascent has received the mark of approval from the Board Game Designers' Guild of Utah!
- (30 days)