90%! New Tiers! Press! Twitch! Exclamation Point!
Thanks to all our generous backers, both recent and those who've been here from the start, we just reached 90%! This update was going to celebrate reaching £300,000 but the strong push from everyone has accelerated things faster than any of us expected, the finish line is within reach and those stretch goals are in sight!
A quick summary of the interviews we've had go live lately:
- Mike contributes a blog entry to Gamasutra entitled "A Letter from the trenches of a Kickstarter" with some insight into the planning, production and pains involved in running a Kickstarter project.
- Mike also has a few words to say about Crowdfunding on the Stuff.tv feature "Save game: how Kickstarter's resurrecting your favourite games"
- While at PAX Australia, Mitch had a chance to sit down with games.on.net to talk about Satellite Reign.
- And lastly, also at PAX Australia, Mitch was caught on camera by local Brisbane-based Eight and a Half Bit's Paul.
New Tiers/Hardcover Novella
Some of you may have noticed a couple of new tiers have been added. With the Director spots now all taken, some of our backers expressed concern that there wasn't enough range between the £320 (USD$500*) "Elite Agent" tier and the £3,200 (USD$5000*) "Chief Technology Officer" tier. With that in mind we've added 2 brand new tiers.
The "Hardwired" tier at £490 (USD$750*) will get you all of the previous rewards PLUS a Limited Edition Hardcover version of the Satellite Reign Novella by Russell Zimmerman. The "Executive Director" tier at £800 (USD$1250*) will snag you all of the previous rewards PLUS a SIGNED copy of the Limited Edition Novella as well as your face and likeness in the game as a VIP NPC. The new rewards in these tiers are automatically given to any backers above their respective entry points!
So what exactly does "Your Name and Likeness as a VIP NPC in the game" mean, and why were they limited before, you ask? What this means is that we will ask you to provide an array of photos of yourself. From those photos we will model and texture you to be featured in the game as a VIP NPC, so a character in the world who is featured as part of a mission. It could be a scientist you have to kidnap, a banker you need to get access codes from, an assassination target, it could be anything, but in your name and likeness.
The reason these tiers were limited previously is because the modelling of these heads and integrating them into a mission takes time and money. We had already factored the costs into those tiers as a minimum number of VIP NPC characters required to be modelled and integrated in the game. The new Executive Director tier allows us to offer the chance of digital immortality to those who pursue it, with a little overhead for the costs of production involved in implementing the reward.
* NOTE: USD Currency conversions are approximate only and may vary.
Don't forget we'll be doing a live Twitch stream, where Mike will be playing Syndicate Wars and offering commentary/answering questions. Chris will be on hand to laugh every time he dies and Dean and Brent will be manning the chat to answer any questions Mike may have missed, or you know...you might want to ask them some questions too I guess.
Check out the times below, or this handy link with even more time zones and we'll post a direct URL link to the stream in an update here as it goes live so stay tuned.
- AEST Wednesday 24th July 9am (Brisbane)
- UTC / GMT Tuesday 23rd July 11pm
- BST Tuesday 23rd July Midnight (London)
- EDT Tuesday 23rd July 7pm (New York)
- PDT Tuesday 23rd July 4pm (Los Angeles)