Game Design Chat Video #2 Classes and Death
We have another game design chat video with Mike, Dean, Chris, Mitch and Brent decided to show his ugly mug. In this episode we go over the class system and how death works in more detail as well as a cameo from our mascot, Bob.
We've also summarised the video in point form below for those who want a quick overview of what is discussed in the chat.
- Agents can and will die!
- If your agents body dies their consciousness is removed and implanted into a new body.
- Agents will keep their skills and abilities which are carried across with their consciousness.
- New agents are cloned from a selection of bodies back at base.
- New bodies can be obtained by multiple means, like: purchasing them from the black market or harvesting them from the population.
- Cloned bodies have genetic traits that give small bonuses to your agents.
- Agents lost in the field will lose their augmentations and equipment but if you are fast enough you can salvage the corpse for spare parts or we have multiple insurance packages available to suit your needs.
- Your squad is comprised of 4 different agents, each with their own class or speciality: Soldier, Support, Assassin or Hacker.
- This is only the agents starting point.
- You are free to customise each of your agents to be fully combat oriented, fully espionage oriented, or anything in-between.
- Agents will be able to be customised by giving them different augmentations, skills / abilities, weapons and gear.
- Each of these customisation options will allow them to play more of a combat role or an espionage role, or anything in-between.
We will have a full transcript of the chat available soon.
- 5 Lives Team