Help us reprint the out-of-print The Order of the Stick books to reach new readers (and let existing fans complete their collections). Read more
This project was successfully funded on February 21, 2012.
Good News, Everybody!
After two updates of bad news, things are starting to come together. The final shipment of books is arriving in Houston later today, so that all six titles being reprinted will be ready to go. But more importantly, we now have notepads! The new company I picked was able to put a rush on the order and turn them around in a week, which was pretty amazing. They arrived on some very heavy pallets Wednesday evening, though I don't have a photo this time. Sorry. If I get one sent to me, I'll tweet it.
What that means is that if you have a package that a.) doesn't have Sticky Shticks, and b.) doesn't require me to sign it or draw a crayon picture or anything, then your package is ready to be packed and shipped starting today. They won't ALL go out today, mind you; there are probably 5000 or more packages that fall into that category! But the Ookoodook staff will be working overtime to get them all out the door as soon as possible.
In other good news, you probably all have the monster mini file by now, or A Monster for Every Season, as I'm calling it. Look at the previous update for current download links. I still have to finish the line art file, but the main color version is done and read to go. Some of you have asked why I'm doing a black-and-white version when people can just print with the color turned off, so let me show you.
Above is the Green Dragon (Large) miniature image, in color on the left and line art on the right. Not only does the right version save ink (even more ink than just a greyscale version of the color image would), but it allows you to grab your crayons or colored pencils or whatever and color it any way you want. Who needs to wait for me to draw a red dragon? Just color this one in red!
Anyway, time for the Workometer. Stuff is starting to fill up.
Five Things I Did Since the Last Update:
- Went and added like 60 more monsters to the monster list I was working on, because I am crazy and like to make things harder.
- Reviewed playtest reports for Sticky Shticks.
- Learned that sometimes, a service that advertises itself as "unlimited" really means "unlimited in one specific way that we can afford, but totally limited in these three other ways that would cost us money and that we will not give you a straight answer about when you call to ask ahead of time."
- Made a lot of phone calls to notepad printers until I found one that could do it fast, on recycled paper, for a non-ridiculous price.
- Set up a very tiny photo shoot for the instructions (and cover) for A Monster for Every Season. Also began a glamorous career as a hand model taping an orc chieftain together.