At Least It's Not a Pony
We have received reports—scattered at first, but growing in frequency—that backers have begun getting their magnets in the mail. Should this prove true, I can only say that no one is more surprised than I am that we managed to get them into people's hands on time.
This week, we received the 8" x 10" art prints that some of you are getting, and they look great. Here's a sorta-blurry picture of one now:
According to the package tracking oracle that lives in the computer, the embroidered patches arrived in Houston yesterday as well, though I do not have photographic confirmation of that yet. If they're not there already, they will be very soon, which means that the $15 "patch-and-a-magnet" packages will start mailing this week. After those have shipped, all other packages are waiting on the coloring book or the Sticky Shticks (or both). Here's where the Workometer stands:
You'll notice that I've begun work in earnest on the Monster Minis document (at least the Spring edition; the other three seasons that have been promised will get added to the Workometer later). This first installment is shaping up to be include a lot of orcs, fey, goblins (Small, not Medium), animals (dire and regular), druids, and rangers, plus a bunch of other random monsters like an owlbear and a hippogriff. To further whet your appetite, I give you a sneak preview of the art for one of the most tenacious and difficult monsters in the game...the pack mule!
Hey, don't laugh. The number of sessions where I needed a mini for a pack mule (and didn't have one) is far greater than the number of sessions where I needed a mini for a dragon.
Five Things I've Done Since My Last Update:
- Reviewed and approved physical proofs of the coloring book.
- Reviewed and approved digital proofs of the updated copyright pages for the reprints.
- Printed, cut out, and assembled paper mock-ups of the various monster sizes (Tiny through Large) for the miniatures to make sure they stood up properly using regular paper. (I still need to try Huge and Gargantuan.)
- Picked up the holiday ornaments for the signed ornament reward packages.
- Started contacting backers who forgot to include money for international shipping in their pledge. This is a big list, though, so if you know you're on it, please be patient and wait for me to contact you.