Samples, Samples, Everywhere
Lots of progress over the past week. Just about all the physical products have gotten moving, and I'm actually waiting for delivery on the art prints, notepads, patches, and sticker sheets. Nothing to do but keep looking out the window for the delivery truck (metaphorically speaking, since the truck will be going to Houston).
The helpful folks that have been printing the sticker sheets, Stand Out Stickers, sent me a few production samples the other day. They are magnificent. Shiny and durable vinyl stickers that will stay stuck to whatever it is to which you stick them. Here's a photograph of the samples next to a punk rocker minifig, which has been the traditional standard of measurement among fine sticker artisans since the late 14th century.
Also, in case some of you didn't see the revised patch sample picture that I entwiticated, here it is again. Since I've already had like twenty people ask: Sorry, no, you can't have the old incorrect sample, even if you like it better than the correct one. There was only one of those made.
In other news: After a surprising amount of editing for something with so little text per page, I finally sent off the completed files for the coloring book to the printer (a different printer; everything gets its own printer). We should get proofs back sometime this week. With a little luck, the actual coloring books will arrive in the warehouse ahead of the regular OOTS books so we have time to ship out all the bookless rewards first.
Speaking of shipping, I've gotten word that all of the $10 nothing-but-a-magnet and $14 nothing-but-two-magnets reward packages have now shipped—not counting those that added a patch or the Sticky Shticks, and not counting those 100+ people from those reward levels who still haven't filled out their shipping survey. Even if you are declining the magnet and just want the digital rewards, I ask that everyone fills out their surveys so I'll know not to bug you about it later. Anyway, that's like 1800+ envelopes in the mail, so good news there, right?
Let's take a look at the Workometer:
One thing that I want to point out is that this is strictly my Workometer, not the printer's or Ookoodook's. The book reprints still have at least two weeks of printing ahead of them (maybe two-and-a-half), but most of it doesn't involve me. I need to check the updated copyright page proofs when they come and write another big check, and that's about it. Still, as far as I know, we're still on target for books to begin shipping out by the last week of April.
Five Things I've Done Since My Last Update:
- Proofread and edited the coloring book (several times).
- Ordered, proofed, and approved the notepads (I didn't get a sample yet, though).
- Updated and revised the copyright pages of all six reprinted OOTS books to reflect things like their current print run, the other titles printed in the series, and, in the case of No Cure for the Paladin Blues, that we're now printing on recycled paper that wasn't available the last time we reprinted it.
- Worked with my site admin on a plan to securely distribute the digital PDF comics that are coming without overloading my server on the day that they're announced.
- Wrote up a list of exactly which monsters will be appearing in the first Monster Mini document.
I guess that's everything I have to talk about. Thanks for reading.