Important Information for Everyone
I told you those two lines were dead to me.
Since I'm pretty sure I have everyone's attention right now, I thought it would be a good idea to go over some important things that need to be addressed before the end of the drive. I know a lot of you might know most of this and it isn't as inspirational as yesterday's update, but some of it is new information, so it would be helpful if everyone could read it:
- Everyone should take a minute to go over their pledge and write down exactly what they paid for, especially if it includes "add-ons" like the patch, the Sticky Shticks, an extra coloring book, etc., or if you pledged for one of the packages that lets you "pick" any book. Put that list someplace where you won't forget it, because we won't begin asking for that information from you for at least a week after the end of the drive, and I don't want anyone to forget something that they paid for.
- On a related note, this is a reminder that we do not have access to the addresses stored in your Amazon account. The only way to give us an address to ship to will be for you to fill out the survey we send out after the drive. The survey will be sent to your email on record at Kickstarter (the same one this update was sent to), and you'll be able to see it waiting for you when you return to this site. Also, not all backers will be surveyed at the same time; people who are only getting magnets (the $10 and $14 reward levels) will be first, and anyone who ordered a "Patience" package will be last.
- If you do not live in the United States, be certain that you have included enough extra to cover your postage. This is not added automatically by Kickstarter or Amazon, you must manually increase your pledge to the higher total. For details on how to do that, check out Update #18. The $10, $14, $15, and $16 pledge levels do not require international shipping charges; all other packages do.
If you live in the states of Pennsylvania or Texas, it would be helpful to me if you increased your pledge by 6% (PA) or 8.25% (TX) of your total to cover the state sales tax I will need to pay on your order. I didn't realize this until today, but there it is. I realize not everyone will necessarily notice this before the end of the drive; we'll be able to figure something out even if some of you miss it.
- Remember that you will not be able to alter your pledge at all once the drive ends; you will be charged almost immediately. If there is an error in your order (such as forgetting to include postage), we will need to contact you afterwards to try to figure something out.
- If you are one of the few hundred backers who made a special arrangement with me on a package where I had to add a special note to your order, that order will travel with your pledge if you switch your reward package or funding level. This may mean that you have a note on your order saying to include an extra book that you subsequently nabbed with one of the premium rewards I've been adding. If you know that your order has a special note on it that is now obsolete, please message me about it! I'll need to take it off or change it to reflect your new pledge.
- Speaking of email: If you think you are going to need special changes to your pledge that require you to email me, the deadline for emails will be noon Monday (EST; 17:00 UTC). After that, I can't guarantee that I will get back to you before the end of the drive. Remember that you don't need to email me if you're adding an extra coloring book, a patch, the Sticky Shticks mini-expansion, or anything listed in your reward package as a potential add-on.
- I still have a lot of emails to get through tonight, so please don't email me to make sure I got your prior email. It will only move you to the bottom of the list.
OK, I think that's everything. I will make another update after we reach the goal line, and the bonus reward packages are going to continue even after we pass it. Also, I'm running one day behind on the "OOTS every day" reward, so it will be extending until Wednesday now. Same number of comics, but I didn't want anyone to think I hadn't noticed. Here's the chart:
I will save my heartfelt thanks and praise for the next update.
EDIT: Added Texas sales tax information, which I just got in my email.