The Game and More
As promised, we're now producing the brand-new mini-expansion for the game:
Sticky Shticks is a mini-expansion for the Order of the Stick Adventure Game that centers around a single mechanic: Stuff sticking to you. The set features two shticks for each of the six characters that can be "stuck" to another character under the right circumstances, either giving them a penalty of some sort or allowing you to flip it later to just mess with them. It also includes seven new Monster cards that can get stuck to you if they win, forcing you to drag their lazy asses around the dungeon until you (or one of your allies) can defeat it. A Screw This! card that interacts with any sticky card rounds out the 20-card set. (Pictured above, left to right: A Vaarsuvius shtick, a Durkon shtick, a new Monster, and an Elan shtick.)
Here's the important part: You can add the Sticky Shticks mini-expansion onto any reward package for an additional $6. Just increase your pledge like I showed you in the last update. But—and this is important—you'll need to remember that you did so and mark it on the survey we send out asking for your shipping addresses after the drive is over. Also, note that the $6 for Sticky Shticks is separate from the $5 you might have added for an extra coloring book; you'll need to add $11 total if you want both. Finally, producing the Sticky Shticks expansion may take longer than reprinting the books, so if you do add it to your pledge reward, expect the whole order to take a few more weeks before it gets to you.
I've also added new reward packages that include the OOTS Adventure Game Deluxe Edition and the expansion for the original set, The Shortening. If you've never experienced the game, it's a thrilling descent into a card-based dungeon as one of the six main characters of the comic. The original game was pretty long (3+ hours, usually), so we released The Shortening expansion last year to speed things up for people who wanted a quicker game. There are few things you need to know if you're ordering these, however (if you already have the game or have no interest in it, you can skip to the chart):
- The Deluxe Edition is big. Big enough that it requires being shipped in a big box. As a result, we cannot "add on" the Deluxe Edition to any existing (non-autographed) reward package.
- I've tried to cover a few different options for shipping books and the Deluxe Edition at the same time, based on what will fit in which size box. However, you may not be able to replicate every combination of books that you could without the game added in. Assume that if you can't make the exact selection of items that you want, then that selection would have required shipping the game in a separate box that would have nullified any savings in postage by ordering it alongside the books.
- For ease of finding them: The new reward packages are at $16 for just the Sticky Shticks set, $80, $115, and $295 for the Deluxe Edition, and various combinations of books, and $36 and $114 for just The Shortening.
The Shortening expansion is much smaller and can be combined more easily. However, The Shortening is only useful to people who already own the original "green box" set, titled The Dungeon of Dorukan. That box is now intentionally out-of-print, having been superseded by the Deluxe Edition box, which includes all of the original content AND that of The Shortening inside of it. So there's no need to try to get both. If you're new to the game, just get the Deluxe Edition.
- All of the Adventure Game reward packages are limited so that we can keep an eye on stock of the game; unlike the books, the game is printed by APE Games in China, so reprinting it takes a long time. However, rest assured that the game will be reprinted when it runs out; even if there's an availability gap of a few months, it will be back, just too late to be included in this pledge drive. The number assigned to each package may also change if one package proves more popular than another, though. The Sticky Shticks mini-expansion is unlimited, because we'll just print enough (here in the USA) to begin with.
- There are no "autographed" copies of the game available because the Deluxe Edition and The Shortening must ship from the Ookoodook warehouse in Houston, TX, which is not where I am. Sticky Shticks can still be added to an autographed package, though.
- We'll make one exception to the "no adding the Deluxe Edition" rule: If you already have scored an autographed book package, we can work with you to add the game. Just be aware that I'm limiting that offer to the first 75 autographed book backers who contact me, and it will still ship from Houston (meaning that you will be paying to ship two separate packages). If you're OK with that, then go ahead and message me about it.
I expect a lot of people will be trying to email me regarding this, but I ask that you please not message me to try to create a custom non-autographed reward package including the Deluxe Edition that isn't already there. I'll just have to tell you that it can't be done during this pledge drive, there would be no savings in shipping anyway, and that my best recommendation is that you order the game from Ookoodook at some later point. And I don't want to have to disappoint anyone, so it's better for both of us if you don't ask. So with all that said, here's the chart:
There's just one more piece of business: Mystery Prize #6. I said it would be digital and it would be free to everyone, right? So how about a new regular Order of the Stick comic posted every day until the end of the pledge drive? The first one went up this morning, and there are seven more days to go, so that means eight new OOTS comics in a row. I haven't tried to do this in a long time (and you shouldn't expect this to happen again), but I figured, if I'm already burning the candle at both ends, why not just make a big messy pile of fiery wax? It's just my way of saying thank you to all of you for this experience as we head into the final lap.