NinthSprocket iPhoneography reimagined a creative system with Colored Filters Polarized Filter, LED Fun Spots, Big Handle, Big Fun.
NinthSprocket gets you better images and more creative images end the 2 handed fumble- iphone 4s required.
- Clip it , Slide it , Shoot it
- Huge grip quick reactions very stable - never miss a shot even with iphone frequent slow shutter speeds 1/20 or less typical
- Huge creative effects without Apps - Stand out get more likes with unique photos - add Apps for more unique shots
The few people who have tried it - I have been the primary field tester - are very very impressed with product - they love the grip and instant effects - two people stopped me in Santa Monica Apple Store and called it "amazing" and "I am in" . A few other people asked me about it as well they love the modern simple design slide in and out in seconds -- this is the product that lets you sell your compact Digital SLR camera.
With the big grip, 2 tripod mounts, stand, color Spark Filters, LED Fun Spots, and unlimited DIY mods creativity is in your hands. You can help us revolutionize iphoneography with #hardprocess effects. Bring your personality to your iphoneography with the physical accessories.
- Improves Landscape shots, Portrait Shots with big grip
- Works with your iPhone 4s slim case don't have to remove your case
- Yellow and Red filters add impact to BW shooting modes in photo apps
- Add pro accessories, LED lights, pro Video Mikes like H2n
- Shoot from the hip comfortably and accurately for great street shots
- Get Crazy creative with LED Fun spots, physical mods, its Lumography for your iPhone
What does the Ninth Sprocket name mean?
The name was chosen because film has 8 sprockets on a frame, we feel this system combines old and new iphonegraphy to get you something cool with a nod to the old ways of shooting -- hence the name Ninth Sprocket.
Ninth Sprocket Pro Kit for Iphone 4s includes:
- 1 Grip for iPhone 4S
- 2 Tripod Mounts
- 1 Filter Shade
- 1 Builtin Stand
- 1 Wrist Strap
- Spark Filters in cool colors chosen for cool effects: 1-Pink, 1-Purple, 1-Sea Blue, 1-Yellow, 1-Red, 1-Dark Blue,1-Warm up
- 1 Spark Filter polarizing film type filter film to improve bright sun shots
- Fun Spots LED lights to simulate ultra cool light leaks and flares 1-Red, 1- Blue, 1-Yellow, 1-White
- 1 small felt case to hold the Fun Spots and Spark Filters
* Patents pending
I have been working this project for over 2 years from concept drawings to many many revisions of 3D printed designs. I have many design goals and I was not going to present the product until these were met and tested. After 2 years we have a great system: clean design, fun, creative, original.
Great for unique creative Instagram photos go beyond simple filters
Perfect for passionate photographers who miss a pro camera feel
Excellent for Street Photographers shoot and walk at the same time
Wedding photographers can take close ups with unique creative effects
Anyone who loves creative photos will love the accessory and enjoy all the DIY mods from simple to complex.
We have used 3D printed models in the field these images are posted on Instagram, Twitter , and Tumblr under NinthSprocket, the pictures are out of the camera #hardprocess --most with no post process at all: fashion, street, nature, food, fun. We spent the last month in discussions with experts in manufacturing and injection molding refining the design for production.We are at the point where we need funding to go to production and to get this product into the creative community and into your hands without your help we can’t make it. We have consulted with injection molding manufacturing consultants to fine tune our models and to assess the cost for full production.
Your funds are needed to
- Create molds for injection molded parts
- Fund the initial run of products including the spark filters and fun spots
- Fund continued design efforts and plans for more models, more accessories, and iphone 5 support
- Fund continued operational costs
- We have a 4th generation 3D printed prototype
- Tested the 3D prototype in real world shooting scenarios with Spark Filters and Fun Spots
- We have a 3D CAD design optimized for manufacture for injection molded plastic in China
- We continue to verify and detail 3D CAD design
- Specific type of plastic - plan to use rubberized plastic
- Specific finishes - flat black finish
- Specific Colors - black
- Specific photo color gels - 7 colors and 1 polarizer film
- Ship post cards, books, posters, email images, email PDF books
Jan to Feb
- Create molds for all parts
- Inspect pre-production accessory for quality
- Refine as required
- Start production runs
- Packaging and shipping processing from China to US
- Pack and Ship to customers in protected individual mailers
How do you Use the Ninth Sprocket ?
- Slide your iphone 4s with slim case* into the the slot
- Turn the holding lever and pullup the lever is spring loaded for secure hold (in the 3D model we have a turn lock screw)
- Select a cool color Spark Filter and twist onto filter mount
- Attach a Fun Spot for light leak and flare effects or hold close to back of the Spark Filter for ultimate control
- Go forth, get creative, walk around
- Shoot, post with #hardprocess, #ninthsprocket, repeat
*we have been using slim soft cases that are approx 2-3mm wall thickness for iPhone 4s
I have been working in High Tech for over 20 years as a product experience designer. I have worked for large companies, startups on many many software projects as well as a few hardware projects. I am very familiar with product management, design, production, quality.
I have been passionate about photography since grade school and I was an early adopter of digital SLR cameras. My passion for design, photography and obsession with quality are why I have taken a couple of years to bring this idea to Kick Starter I have been fine tuning prototypes and field test them. I work with a very small team of professional consultants in 3D modeling, manufacturing, and logistics as needed to ensure timely high quality production.
Reward Product Guide
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The product has been produced in prototype “3D printing technology”. We have field tested the 3D models and have a latest version close to the final production version. We have verified you get ultra cool photos straight out the camera.
For the past 3 months we have been in discussions with manufacturing experts and the actual factories in China. The team we have been working with has successfully produced products in the past and they have many years experience in product production and mold making for injection molded products.
The technology used in the accessory is well known and very standard. The filter gels are easy to obtain and the “fun spot” LED lights are easy to create and wire.
We are confident we have a design that can be mass produced. The main risk is time to create high quality molds and to ensure that the moving parts fit and operate well as a system. We are also in discussions on refining the pin mounts and utilizing small magnets to increase ease of operation. The amount of time to create the molds and the production runs may experience delays due to fine tuning the design specifics.
Color filters give you high saturation, they also can be used to color videos that are hard to adjust in post unless you have a super computer. Physical filters can also take unlimited mods: spray with water mist, add vasoline, add salt on vasoline, reflect Fun Spot LED lights. Check our Instagram page or Tumblr page (http://instagram.com/ninthsprocket/ or http://ninthsprocket.tumblr.com/ ).
Hard effects are unique and go beyond simple filters everyone else is using. Mods and Spark Filters generate lots of unique effects that would take lots of tapping in Apps. But hey you can always add apps and tap away after as well its up to you.
Right now we built this for the iPhone 4s we want to do 1 model right then we can add more models. Slide your iphone into the slot tighten and shoot. I have been using the Pixel Skin HD case works very well but any slim case should work with the same thickness.
No you can use Ninth Sprocket without any filters. We also have a polarizer filter that should improve images in bright sun. But you do not need to use filters. The big handle gives a camera feel and control, get better shots, miss less critical shots. The grip has 2 mounts top and bottom add a tripod, add LED light, or Video Mike too!
The oversized filters without the filter shade on will reflect part of what is behind you on the the image - sometimes the Physical world is just as fun as the App and Tap world :-)
Check my Instagram page for examples may add one here as well !
Yes for the closeup lens part. The fish eye part requires a major mod.I modded the Pixel HD skin its easy to clip off a corner to fit the Olloclip. The closeup lens can be unscrewed and it fits perfectly then you can screw it back on. The fisheye doesn't unscrew so for my major mode I forced it off then snapped it back in -- can see fisheyse samples on my instagram account.
Great question ! Physical color filters enhance any "soft filter" and make them unque - According to web.stagram about 25% of 2 million photos on Instagram use 3 filters Early Bird, X-Pro 2, and Rise.
Pretty unique? Well if you add physical filters and other enhancements your process is your secret sauce and your creative vision.
I posted some examples on Hipstamatic with a Wall of Sneakers at a Converse store its makes the images pop without extra taps and lots of work and you pick the filter.
Examples on Instagram and Tumblr http://ninthsprocket.tumblr.com/
Another great question - Yes you can easily velcro a audio cable with "+" button that will take an image on you iphone works with most apps now. I will post a video soon to show this Mod.
But I have found the iphone is easy to tap with Camera +. The design detail that sets Ninth Sprocket apart is a super secure, quick slide in slide out mount (in seconds) and ergonomic grip similar to a Pro DSLR camera. I actually don't miss my shutter button but you can add one.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
1 - photo postcard from Postagram. We will choose one of our images posted on Instagram.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $15 or moreYou selected
1 - sticker post card with our logo and 4 pull off stickers labeled: #ninthsprocket #sparkfilter #funspot #hardprocessEstimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
1 Set of Original Digital Art computer "wallpaper" images. 3 images same as our posters 1280 x 800 pixel jpeg images: Manifesto image, tag cloud image, and 3D wireframe image. Sent to your email address.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $35 or moreYou selected
1- Original Paper Poster. Select from 1 of 3 choices: 3D wireframe, Manifesto, or Tag Cloud poster. We will mail you the poster in a tube.Estimated delivery:Add $18 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
1 Ninth Sprocket E-Book Tips and Tricks (PDF digital file) A PDF version of the square book over 20 pages Basics, tips, tricks, apps, and mods Special KickStarter emblem. Sent to your email address.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $55 or moreYou selected
4 backers Limited (96 left of 100)
EARLY BIRDS 1 NinthSprocket Pro KIt. Get the kit at discounted priceEstimated delivery:Add $18 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $65 or moreYou selected
1 NinthSprocket Pro KIt.Estimated delivery:Add $18 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $110 or moreYou selected
1 NinthSprocket Pro Kit AND 1 Ninth Sprocket Tips and Tricks book a 7"x7" square book over 20 pages Basics, tips, tricks, apps, and mods Special KickStarter emblem.Estimated delivery:Add $20 USD to ship outside the US
- (34 days)