Almost at the Finish Line!
Dear Founding Family,
Congratulations!!! We have become the 6th most funded campaign in the history of Kickstarter (Out of approx 250,000). It’s time to pat your back. It’s only because of your love and support that BauBax Jackets are coming to life to solve all the inconveniences that travelers face around the world.
Congratulations on unlocking the $6.5 Mn stretch goal! You all have earned a water-resistant Smartphone pocket, which fits the biggest iPhone (6 plus) and the biggest Samsung phone (Note 5). Now each BauBax Jacket would come with 15 + 2 = 17 features (including the two stretch goals).
Unfortunately, we are not announcing any more stretch goals. Following are the reasons why:
1. We’ve learned from our suppliers that even the best quality double zippers are not always reliable and tend to fail after a few months of use. We cannot afford to risk our brand and the quality of the jackets by choosing a zipper that is likely to fail in a few months.
2. We’ve learned from our operations team that the lead time of RFID proof fabric is longer than that of our other fabrics and raw materials. We cannot afford to delay our manufacturing due to the unavailability of the RFID fabric. If it’s a must have feature for you, then we suggest you buy a RFID proof Passport cover/sleeve for your travels. Our passport pockets will be big enough to fit a passport with a standard size RFID sleeve/cover.
3. Our operations and design teams are at the factories now working to build the final factory ready patterns. Now, adding any more features to the jackets is just going to add to the complexity and likely cause delays. So, we’ve decided not to add any more features and just perfect the already complex design that we have conceived and deliver it to you in the best quality possible.
Here are the results of the last 3 color polls:
Women’s Gray Sweatshirt - Shade:
Dark Gray: 77%, 1,555 votes
Light Gray: 23%, 477 votes
Women’s Bomber - Third Color (apart from Black and Blue):
Red: 65%, 2,346 votes
Military: 35%, 1,257 votes
Men’s Bomber - Third Color (apart from Black and Blue):
Red: 55%, 1,824 votes
Military: 45%, 1,468 votes
Based on the poll results, we have updated the final color options on the campaign page. Because we are a startup, and offering the jackets at highly discounted prices, we won’t be able to offer more than 3 colors per style.
We heard you ladies - We have changed our Women’s Blazer to a Two button design instead of One. Having two buttons will make it more consistent with the look of a Business Jacket. Also, it will allow more room in the inside to fit the pockets perfectly.
For plus size women's - You may want to consider buying men’s jackets because, except for the Blazer, the Men’s jacket designs are unisex.
Now is your chance to add the Pocket Blanket to your pledge. We have engineered and specially developed this Blanket which is sized perfectly for your flight travel needs, and folds and fits into a small pocket.
We’ll be shipping the blankets free if you have pledged for a jacket. For each Blanket you add, you’ll be saving on the $5 shipping fee. You can add as many blankets as you want to your pledge. Below are the steps (also mentioned in our FAQs) on how to order a blanket:
Its easy just pledge an extra $25 to your pledge for EACH blanket and we will ship the blankets to you for free! To add a blanket to a new pledge:
1. Visit the project page and click the blue Back this project" button that appears on the right.
2. Select the JACKET reward that you want to pledge for.
3. Select the country you want it shipped to.
4. Add $25 for each blanket you want to the pledge amount. For example if the original pledge amount is $109 make this amount $134 ($109 original amount in the pledge box + $25x1 blanket).
5. Hit "continue" and finish your pledge We will be asking you if you bought a blanket as an add on in the survey we send after the campaign
To add a blanket to your existing jacket pledge:
1. Visit the project page and click the blue “Manage" button that appears on the right.
2. On the top of the page you will see your "Pledge amount".
3. For each blanket add $25 to the pledged amount. For example if the original pledge amount is $109 make this amount $134 ($109 original amount in the pledge box + $25x1 blanket).
4. Hit "continue to next step" and you are done! We will be asking you if you bought a blanket as an add on in the survey we send after the campaign