It might be #ThrowbackThursday, but we're all about looking forward. In today's update, let's check in on:
- Shipping and production status
- Pebble Time apps for iOS and Android
Pebble Time Shipments Start May 27th
Great news: the first batch of Pebble Time shipments are scheduled to go out Wednesday, May 27.
- Production is now in full swing since bringing the factory online at the beginning of May.
- With things moving along at this rate, we expect all Pebble Time Rewards to be manufactured by the end of the month.
- By the end of May, all backers can expect an invitation to finalize their selections in the Reward Portal so we can get your Pebble Time processed and shipped.
- Every backer with a Pebble Time included in their selected reward tier should receive a tracking number from us by mid-June.
- Shipments will continue on a rolling basis as watches land at distribution centers.
For full details about Pebble Time’s journey from factory to wrist, see Kickstarter Update 17. To check the progress of your individual Pebble Time reward, visit your personalized Reward Portal to monitor the status between the Building, Processing, and Shipped steps. Check out our help page to know more about the Kickstarter Reward Portal.
Pebble Time Apps for iOS + Android
Our software team has been cranking non-stop to get Pebble Time’s mobile apps ready for their debut next week. The apps will work exclusively with Pebble Time and Pebble Time Steel when they arrive on iTunes and Google Play. The current Pebble apps on iTunes and Google Play will still be around to manage the original Pebble and Pebble Steel.
The new mobile apps, dubbed Pebble Time Watch, will let you set up and manage Pebble Time when it arrives. It’s also where you’ll find the Pebble appstore to get new color and Timeline-ready apps or browse for watchapps you already know and love.
The apps sport a new My Pebble screen, known formerly as the Locker. From here, you’ll organize what’s on your Pebble by Watchfaces and Apps/Timeline.
With the new mobile apps, we've done away with the old 8-app limit. You can now manage all the apps and faces you like. Pebble Time will store as many watchapps it can locally. When needed, apps and faces not stored on the watch locally will be downloaded from the Pebble app to the watch.
The apps integrate with Pebble Time seamlessly, especially when it comes to organization and reordering apps and faces.
Dragging downloaded watchapps within the menu reorders them and syncs the new order to your Pebble (woo-hoo!).
There's now three ways to pick the active watchface on your Pebble Time:
1) Press Select » Watchfaces in the Pebble Time Launcher menu.
2) Tap the circle on the top right of any watchface tile in your app's My Pebble menu to instantly make it active on your Pebble Time.
3) Tap a watchface in your My Pebble menu. The card that pops up has a command to Set as active watchface.
That's it for today, everyone. Enjoy the rest of your week and keep us posted about what you think and what you'd like to see next. Until next time!
<3, Team Pebble