Happy holidays! We’ve been working hard (like elves in a workshop) to improve the Pebble experience and platform. Today, we’re happy to announce the release of PebbleOS v1.14, which addresses a number of features that you have been asking for. To get these new features on your Pebble, open the Pebble iOS or Android app to begin the process. (Visit here for extra help updating your firmware.) If you haven't already, you can visit our blog and sign up for our newsletter in the upper right corner.
Do Not Disturb - Block notifications for a set period of time. On your Pebble this new setting can be found under: Settings » Notifications » Do Not Disturb.
Alarms Update - Create multiple alarms, toggle them on/off, and edit existing alarms. We’ve also added a new “Snooze Alarm”, customizable via the Pebble Alarms app.
Improved Notification Control - Get more control over what notifications are displayed (All Notifications, Phone Calls Only, or No Notifications). We’ve also moved Notification settings for faster access through a dedicated menu: Settings » Notifications.
Improved iOS performance - Notifications are now sent more quickly from your iOS device to your Pebble. In addition, after exiting Airplane Mode, Pebble will now search for connectable iOS devices immediately, instead of waiting one minute.
This release also provides the following bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue where Pebble may enter “Recovery Mode” immediately after updating to 1.13 firmware.
- Fixed issue affecting some iOS Pebblers who experienced dropped Bluetooth connections a few seconds after connecting.
- Fixed an issue where Caller ID data would not display on Pebble after receiving a missed call.
- Improved reliability of Bluetooth data transfers, particularly during a firmware update.
- Fixed an issue where Pebble would sometimes continue to vibrate after dismissing or answering a phone call.
Lastly, we recently released Beta 3 of Pebble SDK 2.0, this includes bug fixes, stability improvements, and new features. You can find out more on the Pebble developer blog.
We hope you enjoy these new features. Thanks as always and Pebble on!