We're happy to report the iOS 7 notification we announced last week has been approved by Apple. The latest Pebble app for iOS v 1.3 is now available for download in the iTunes Store!
Once you download the Pebble App for iOS, you will be prompted to upgrade Pebble to firmware version 1.13 automatically. If this doesn't happen for some reason, just hard close the Pebble App for iOS and then reopen it.
As you probably know, this update seamlessly integrates Pebble with the Notification Center in iOS 7 and allows you to receive notifications from apps like Calendar, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr, Dropbox, WhatsApp, Flipboard and more.
See how iOS 7 notifications work:
This update also improves Caller ID! iOS users no longer need to manage access to their address book in order to see Caller ID on their Pebble. We fixed some other Caller ID bugs, too, included in the list below.
New features and bug fixes:
For iOS 7 users with iPhone 4S and greater:
- Notifications are now sent over Bluetooth LE using Apple's Notification Center. Set up instructions for each notifying app may vary. Find info on how to enable your favorite apps in our Support Center.
- Bluetooth LE setup is performed from within the Pebble app, by selecting "Enable Notifications".
- Email set up is no longer required or supported within the Pebble iOS App as notifications are now supported from other email apps.
For all iOS users:
- Caller ID now works without having to manage your address book.
- Fixed issue where Pebble continued vibrating after receiving a call.
- Pressing the back button when receiving a phone call now dismisses the phone call screen without hanging up the call, rather than declining the call.
- Pebble can now show 80+ unread notifications.
- Fixed crashing bugs on the iOS app, improving overall stability.
- Fixed issue where settings were sometimes lost when Pebble was rebooted.
We hope you enjoy the new iOS notifications. Thanks and Pebble-on!