It’s a good day :)
- Let’s Ship Some Pebble 2s
- New Pebble Software Updates
- Thank You for Making Pebble 2 Happen
Let’s Ship Some Pebble 2s
The first Pebble 2 rewards start shipping to backers today. We’re excited to get the ball rolling!
If your Pebble 2 reward was successfully locked within the Pledge Portal earlier this month, you’re all set—no further action is needed. We will email you directly as your Pebble 2 is ready to ship and your tracking number is created. Your tracking number will be how to best monitor your parcel’s progress, culminating in arrival at your door. For backers whose rewards are going out today, check your inboxes (and spam folders) for a tracking number!
As noted in Update 12, reward shipping will start off small, and steadily increase day by day. Shipments will steadily ramp up once Taiwan and southeast China recover from the effects of Typhoon Megi this week and catch up after celebrating China’s National Golden Week Holiday from October 1–7.
- The first small wave of shipments is a batch of Aqua Pebble 2s.
- Our distribution center is scheduled to receive enough White Pebble 2s on Friday, September 30 from the factory to begin sorting and processing shipments for all backers of that color.
- Next week, the remaining colors will start to arrive from the factory.
- As those rewards are received from the factory, our distribution centers immediately start processing them for delivery to backers.
- After factoring for the unanticipated business closures and flight cancellations from the typhoon, we now expect to complete Pebble 2 reward shipments by the end of October.
- A small percentage of shipments may seep into November, but our shipping partners will do everything possible to avoid that contingency.
We thank all backers for both their patience and excitement while our friends in Asia recover and help us get Pebble 2 rewards home safely to you.
New Pebble Software Updates
In preparation for the arrival of Pebble 2 rewards to backers, our engineering team published the latest updates to Pebble’s firmware (v4.1) and mobile apps this week. Next week’s update will highlight new features from the firmware and apps that are available exclusively on Pebble 2, so stay tuned!
All current Pebble users can update their Pebble apps now from Google Play (v4.1.1) or the iTunes App Store (4.1.2). Time-series Pebble users can update their watches to 4.1 from the Pebble app (Menu » Support » Update Your Pebble). Version 3.12.2 remains the most current firmware for Pebble Classic and Pebble Steel at this time.
Visit the Pebble Blog for full details about the latest Pebble software updates.
Thank You for Making Pebble 2 Happen <3
Hitting the shipping stage of a Kickstarter project is always one of the most rewarding parts of the process. We finally get to see our hard work on your wrists!
Now that we've made sure Pebble 2 is just right, the time has come to share it with you, our backers. We can’t wait to see your pics, vids, and feedback. You’re going to love what’s new!
Until next time,
Eric + Team Pebble