HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!
Can you believe it's been 8 years since I recorded "Songs of the Journey, The Story Goes On"? And wow, life has been a rollercoaster since then! But over the last months, I have felt a stirring in my heart to go back to my musical roots. When I create art on canvas, I always listen to contemplative and often classical music. It soothes my spirit and helps me prepare my mind and heart to interpret my feelings onto the canvas. That is my goal for this album.
So what am I doing?
My plan is to write and co-produce an album that will lend itself to the contemplative and to creating a space for meditation. I will be working in Vancouver with the multi-talented writer/producer Jordan Klassen. Are you related to him, you ask? Why yes!!!
How will the money be spent?
The bulk of the costs will go to studio and production costs. So....to give you an idea:
- $6,000.00 for studio, engineering and productions costs
- $1,000.00 for mastering (this is the final step of recording and a very important one as it makes the album sound "finished").
- $1,500.00 for extra musicians (harp, cello, whistles, etc.)
- $500.00 for graphics (Even though this is a download only album, there are costs involved with album design. I will probably be using a painting, but will still need help with putting it all together).
- $500.00 fees to Kickstarter
When will the album be finished?
My goal is to have this album and any accompanying art work completed by the end of September 2018. (keep an ear out for details on the album listening party!). Over the next months, I will be very busy with arranging, composing, recording and painting in every spare moment I have. So excited about dusting off my writing skills and putting them back to work. I hope you will be too!
Risks and challenges
I think I've learned a lot from recording 7 albums, but there still is always challenges involved in recording. It's important to stay dialed in and focused and it's one of the reasons I'm asking people to pray for this project. There is also a financial risk involved, which is why I have started this crowdfunding campaign. With your help and support, I will be able to make this album the way I envision it!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)