About this project
Thank you for viewing my Kickstarter project! My name is Sheila Mace and I am a full time artist living in Martinsburg WV. I would like to share with the Kickstarter world my "Love Me" dog art series. My project is the next four paintings in the "Love Me" series.
Much of my work is by commission and for quite awhile now I have been itching to start a series of paintings that I would enjoy painting and would also share a smile with everyone who sees them. Then the "Love Me" art series hit me!
"Love Me" art is a series of adorable, slightly exaggerated, detailed dog portraits that are filled with expression, hope and playfulness. My long term goal is to paint a "Love Me" portrait for every dog breed. My short term goal is to paint the next four dog portraits in the series, which is where Kickstarter comes in.
Each portrait is painted with acrylic on 11" X 14" canvas for the smaller breeds and 16" X 20" for larger breeds. The "Love Me" dog breed painting originals are for sale and I am making postcards, greeting cards, matted prints and more items as the theme develops. I am preparing for a one person month long exhibit at the Martinsburg Public Library in November 2013. I will also be exhibiting and promoting the "Love Me" series at regional arts/craft shows and other public events.
I currently have twelve "Love Me" dog breed paintings completed and have started on the thirteenth. The first 7 rewards that I am offering are a variety and combination of reproductions of the twelve paintings I've completed. Those breeds include black labrador retriever, pitbull, pug, schnauzer, beagle, siberian husky, boston terrier, jack russell terrier, chihuahua, yorkie, basset hound and golden retrierver. Reward #8 is an original "Love Me" dog portrait, you select the breed and get to name the painting!
I am very excited about the positive feedback and encouragement I have received for the"Love Me" concept and looking forward to painting each new adorable pup! For an extra personal touch each painting is named for dogs that have owned me, for dogs that own my friends or dogs that I have met.
To learn more about me and to see my art please visit my Facebook profile at http://www.facebook.com/weeze.mace?ref=sgm You will see in progress and completed photos of each "Love Me" painting and follow along with each new painting I do.
My project goal is $950. The break down is $100 for canvases, paints and brushes. The remaining $850 is to cover the cost of printing reproductions, mattes, backing boards and frames. Any additional over my goal will go toward show and vendor fees and promoting the "Love Me" art series.
Thank you so much for looking over my project and I am hoping for your participation!
Risks and challenges
I feel confident in my abitity to fulfill the rewards I've offered. I already have 90% of the rewards/reprocudtions made and ready to ship. I will have the remaining 10% in studio and available before my Kickstarter project ends.
As for reward #8, an original "Love Me" painting, I will personally contact you for your dog breed request and stay in touch with you as I paint it. If several people participate in the 8th reward paintings will be scheduled in the order funding was received. I am accustomed to working on commission and deadlines and will hold myself to the highest ethics. I appreciate your interest and participation and will honor it!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)