Chapter 3 Formatting and design (still requires editing)
This Kickstarter has been created to share the cost of publishing/formatting. The books will be finished and ready to ship by APRIL 2017.
The book contains the following chapters:
1. Earliest History and background
2. Paramedicine during the war years
3. Ottawa's private and public ambulances
4. Funeral homes offer service
5. A new Era for ambulance services
6. Transition from private to provincial
7. Ottawa Ambulance service
8. Ottawa Fire Services
9. The enhancement of 1984
10. Road to paramedicine
11.McKechnie decision and its' impact
12. The uncertainty of "Who does what?"
13. The evolution of the ambulance call report(ACR)
14. Being an Ottawa Paramedic
Risks and challenges
The book is still at the editing phase, and the funding required will allow me to finish the editing as well as initiate the publishing of 500 colour books that will be available in April of 2017.
Some issues I may face is copyright issues with some photographs I wish to use.
The cost of the actual printing of the books will change as markets fluctuate, the cost that is listed is based on current markets. I do have additional funding possibilities if the publishing costs change significantly to protect us against this.
I may end up needing more than 500 books-and for that I will apologize now. When they are gone, they are gone. Printing of books works at increments of 500, I am not willing to print a second time unless I see a commitment for 500 more.
- (13 days)