The Silence of Hollowind: Pin-Up Adventures
A collection of Pin-Ups from a variety of artists, each tied to a unique RPG adventure bringing Hollowind’s investigations to life!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, June 7 2019 3:00 PM UTC +00:00.
Our goal is to create a collection of pin-up artworks, each by the hand of a different illustrator. Every artwork will be accompanied by a playable investigative dossier, written in collaboration with the artist.
Each Dossier will introduce a variety of characters, events and world information that, alongside the artful pin-ups, will enrich and expand the setting of The Silence of Hollowind.
With “The Silence of Hollowind: Pin-Up Adventures,” we go a step beyond what we accomplished with the successful Kickstarter campaign of “The Silence of Hollowind”!
For Italian Backers: Leggi la versione ITA del kickstarter a questo link.
The basic version of “The Silence of Hollowind: Pin-Up Adventures” is an A3 (297 x 420 mm) sized collection of works:
- 10 pin-up artworks created by Italian illustrators, each with their own unique style!
- 10 investigative dossiers, ranging from noir atmospheres to a more pulp-action playstyle, each co-written with the corresponding illustrator!
- More than 50 new characters, each with a history and background in the world of Hollowind!
Upon reaching the various physical stretch goals, the corresponding new adventures and Pin-Ups will be added to the Collection!
Additionally, the stretch goals will make it possible to unlock several important add-ons such as the pin-up themed game master screen (three panels, 85x21,5 cm), a pin-up miniature (8 cm), a deck of pin-up themed tarots (5x8 cm) and even a… not-safe-for-work print variant of the collection!
Hollowind is a vast megalopolis that fifty years ago, thanks to Merlin’s Edict, managed to overthrow the tyranny of arcane families; since that very moment it has been fighting the remaining survivors of the Purge. The Bureaus represent the first line of defense in their daily battle against enemies within and without, observing the motto: order, reveal, and persecute. Anyone attempting to break this new balance, conquered with the blood of thousands, will have to face the Bureaus. The arcanists are always plotting, and people must remain vigilant.
The Silence of Hollowind is a Urban Fantasy role playing game, adaptable to many rules systems with the addition of setting-specific mechanics to enhance gameplay (Actually the playable system ara D&D5E, Savage Worlds and FATE). It is a complex and detailed setting, aesthetically reminiscent of 1930s United States but populated by Orcs, Elves, Dwarves and countless fantasy creatures living within the oppressive Hollowind, a metropolis rich with mysteries and contradictions where magic is outlawed and whoever makes use of it is hunted down as a criminal.
The beauty of this project is that it allows us to promote a variety of professional Italian illustrators, showcasing multiple styles and interpretations - every single artist will put their own spin on the setting of The Silence of Hollowind!!
Below you can find the ten artists that will take part in the “base” version of the collection - most of them are familiar faces, having worked on the core book for The Silence of Hollowind!
As you help us reach the corresponding stretch goals, we will reveal the names of the additional artists that will get to contribute to the project as well!
Important: All Pin-Ups unlocked through stretch goals will become part of the final product. All Backers who select a digital copy will find these additional Pin-Ups in their .pdf, while all Backers who select a physical+digital product will find the additional Pin-Ups inside both!
- Alessandro Patria: An illustrator and concept artist who collaborated with Invader Games, Gipi’s tabletop game Bruti, Nameless Land and Need Games. He was among the artists of The Silence of Hollowind’s core book!
- Daniela Giubellini: Illustrator and concept artist, she has worked on several roleplaying lines from Serpentarium. Her most recent work was the tabletop roleplaying game Household, created by Two Little Mice and published by Raven Distribution.
- Mirko Failoni: He started drawing his Player Characters in his youth, and he never stopped. Art Director and illustrator for Mana Project Studio, he is among the authors of the role playing game Historia. His collaborations include Vampire the Masquerade, Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and Paizo’s Pathfinder RPG.
- Andre Tentori Montaldo: Visual artist for Paizo, Arnoldo Mondadori, Rizzoli, Giunti, Fanucci. Background artist for Grimponius Lab and colorist for Edizioni Inkiostro. He teaches at Genius Academy in Rome.
- Mauro Alocci: He specialised in concept art at Genius Academy in Rome. He collaborates with projects such as Age of Pantheons, Cranio Creations’ Barrage, and the quickstarter booklet for Lex Arcana.
- Andrea Guardino: Freelance Artist for No Lands Comics, Manfont, Tin Hat Games, Wyrd Edizioni, Ares Games, Serpentarium and Need Games. Member of Mana Project Studio and main artist for Journey to Ragnarok.
- Alberto Besi: Freelance Illustrator, comic book and storyboard artist for a variety of companies. He also works for several publishing houses, major film productions, tabletop roleplaying projects and board games.
- Nicoletta Migaldi: Illustrator and comic artist, born in Milan in 1994. She has worked with Magazzini Salani and Adiaphora Edizioni, as well as collaborated with TIWI Studio for “Tintoretto, un Ribelle a Venezia”, produced by Sky Arte.
- Michele Paroli: Founder and lead designer of Mana Project Studio, he works as a Graphic, Game and Exhibition Designer. A symbolism and mythology enthusiast, he is the writer of Journey to Ragnarok, and among the authors of the tabletop roleplaying game Historia, coming soon on Kickstarter. He collaborates with Need Games as art director.
- Andrea Lucca: Commonly nicknamed “Il Rosso” (“Red”), he was among the collaborators for Journey to Ragnarok and is the author of Codex Venator, the first Italian Shared Campaign for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition. He also collaborates with Need Games and talks roleplaying games on his podcast, “Locanda del Drago Rosso”.
- Matteo Pedroni: A passion-fueled engine, from the first Italian D&D Adventurers League table to the Martian Spiders and Codex Venator. He is among the authors of Journey to Ragnarok and Historia; he also works as a game designer for Mana Project Studio and collaborates with NEED GAMES.
- Nicola DeGobbis: Founder of the Italian publisher NEED GAMES, known for their Italian localizations of leading RPG licenses and for their motto “RUOLARE. DURO. SEMPRE.” (“ROLEPLAY. HARD. ALWAYS.”). He was the one who brought the D&D Adventurers League in Italy, which he coordinates on behalf of Asmodee - thus creating the second largest community in the world, second only to the American one. He is also among the authors of the Zombicide RPG!
- Alex Melluso: I happened to read a Lone Wolf book, and then purchased the Red Box. Today I write, plays and have fun - I simply found my way of doing so.
“If you’re having trouble with your third act, look for the issue in the first one.”
- Riccardo Sirignano: Graduated in Art and Film Direction, he is the founder of Two Little Mice. He directed the Anime e Sangue series, inspired by the homonymous tabletop roleplaying game, and more recently wrote the Household RPG.
||WHO WILL BE NEXT?||
- Delux's Drawing
- Sara Antonellini
- Vincenzo Pratticò
- Cristiana Leone Fantasy Art
- Reddraws - Melissa's Art
- Federico Bauzon - Olimpo: Gioie e Disagi
For more information:
Behind The Silence of Hollowind are dozens of people who helped and supported us. Friends, colleagues, but most of all our Patreon subscribers which allowed our project to reach this stage.
The Silence of Hollowind: Pin-Up Adventures is an italian project that we present in two languages: English and Italian. If funded, you're going to choose your version with a BackerKit survey. We'll ship anywhere in the World and, if we succeed, shipping costs will be collected after the Kickstarter Campaign. Estimated shipping costs:
- Italy: up to 9 €
- Europe: up to 15 €
- USA/Canada/Other countries: up to 20 € (around 22,5 USD)
Revealer Inspector pledges:
- Italy: up to 12 €
- Europe: up to 18 €
- USA/Canada/Other countries: up to 25 € (around 28 USD)
As soon as possible we'll set a more accurate shipping costs list (may change based on stretch goals). Fees will be collected with BackerKit survey. Once we'll have a precise number of copies to ship, we'll make a deal with a shipping company and we'll be able to set the final Shipping costs list.
Risks and challenges
This second project in The Silence of Hollowind’s “product line” allows us to consolidate the path which began with our previous crowdfunding campaign. Shipment times are unlikely to change from the December 2019 estimate, since our working team is now much more aware of what the process will entail - one could say that we have grown.
On the other hand, what we consider the greatest challenge is to provide a coherent-looking collection while allowing each artist to express their own creative style. We know this won’t be easy, but we are determined to give it our all and provide you with the best possible product!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter