We've created the perfect shoe for summer, the Winkers Resort Shoe.
Relaxed enough for the beach, cool enough for the bar, and comfortable enough to wear all day.
Now we need your help to get them made.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
Make a pledge choosing from our great selection of rewards:
- Pledge early - pledge £125 or more for one pair (30 pairs available); pledge £150 or more for one pair (30 pairs available); pledge £175 or more for one pair (30 pairs available) - in the colour of your choice
- Pledge £199 or more for free shipping (200 pairs available)
- Pledge £300 or more for two pairs
- Pledge £500 or more for a special experience to create a pair of customised Winkers Resort Shoes in a fabric of your choice
- Pledge £20 or more for an English, natural horn, shoehorn
- Pledge £10 or more for a special thank you or launch party invitation
WHY ARE WINKERS RESORT SHOES SO GREAT?
- They are Limited Edition - maximum of 500 pairs
- They are inspired by the classic espadrille
- They are designed in London and made in England
- They retail at £199 (Sterling)
- They are made on a well-fitting, comfortable last that we have developed specifically for this project, with plenty of room for the toes
- They are available in both full and half sizes from UK 3 - 12 (see size chart)
- They are leather lined with a leather sole and heel
- They are made in a choice of nine, beautifully tactile but robust Designers Guild fabrics. (Designers Guild is renowned for its high quality, creative and innovative designs).
Each one is named after a British seaside town to reflect the hazy, rain-washed tones of our scenic coastline.
HOW DID THE WINKERS PROJECT BEGIN?
THE BESPOKE SHOE STORY
As traditionally trained, bespoke (custom made) shoemakers we are really passionate about shoes.
We both followed the traditional route to become handsewn shoemakers, by doing a four-year apprenticeship here in England, before launching our own business, Carreducker. Based in Bloomsbury, London, we've been hand stitching bespoke shoes for over 20 years for scores of discerning, stylish gentlemen from around the world.
We make each pair entirely from scratch. We start by taking a client's measurements.
Then their lasts are made - the wooden blocks we make the shoes on.
The shoes are designed on the lasts, patterns are made, leather is cut and the uppers stitched.
After a couple of fittings the shoes are hand sewn.
And delivered to the client with bespoke shoe trees.
So when we say we know how to make a fantastic pair of shoes, we really do!
THE WINKERS PROJECT
Over the years customers have asked us to make ready to wear shoes - something stylish, affordable and English-made - so that's how the Winkers project began.
Now we have finally put everything we know into making the Winkers Resort Shoe the perfect summer shoe.
Our keen eye for detail.
Our expertise on a comfortable fit.
And our design skills.
We have road tested various styles.
Adjusted the design.
And improved the fit.
And it is not just the fit and beautiful materials that make Winkers Resort Shoes so special.
England has a great shoemaking heritage and we wanted to harness some of that shoemaking talent. So we are working with a small, family-run factory in the North of England to make this collection. They have been making shoes for generations and together we have created a shoe that is comfortable and stylish.
- calf leather lining to help your feet breathe
- top edge bound in super soft kid leather for comfort
- lightweight leather sole and heel for durability
- kid leather back tab for strength
- reverse counter lining for heel grip
- padded calf leather full sock on the insole for comfort
The chart below is intended as a general guide and is based on Men's sizing from 5 upwards and Women's below size 5. We're sorry if it's confusing, but unfortunately there is no one uniform sizing system for shoes. They do vary from country to country and from last to last.
Now we need your help...
Help with our fabric order and help with tooling up the factory so that we can deliver the new Winkers Resort Shoes in the Spring.
We need £18,000 to make this exciting project happen
Winkers Resort Shoes: Designed in London, Made in England, Travelling the World
"Thank you to everyone who has supported our campaign, to everyone who travelled the world in their Winkers and to everyone who has helped to get our project this far."
Deborah & James
Risks and challenges
We've worked in this industry for over 20 years, so we are confident that we know what the pitfalls are and how to overcome them.
Our main challenge is working with a small factory. We have been sampling for a few months now to ensure the best quality and to understand the team there better, so that we can work together to get the shoes delivered on time. We've booked ourselves into the production schedule and left a little wriggle room for our delivery deadline.
Delivery can also be a potential obstacle, but we are working with a tried and tested fulfilment company which ships shoes worldwide on a daily basis, so you will be in safe hands.
Fit is also a challenge with shoes. We have worked hard to develop a last (the blocks the shoes are made on) that gives the optimum fit and makes for comfy shoes. But just in case your first choice doesn't work out, we will order enough shoes in a variety of sizes to allow for returns so that you have a great pair of well fitting, stylish shoes to wear.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)