Wipegel. Smart After-Poop Care.
Wipegel. Smart After-Poop Care.
Wipegel instantly turns toilet paper into eco wet wipes. Make wiping pleasant, healthier, and cleaner. Home, travel & camping friendly.
Wipegel instantly turns toilet paper into eco wet wipes. Make wiping pleasant, healthier, and cleaner. Home, travel & camping friendly. Read more
Dry Toilet Paper Doesn't work!
In case if you are browsing during lunch, we used blue paint (you're welcome) to illustrate the point: dry toilet paper doesn't clean well!
Wipegel also feels nicer than that dry scratchy toilet paper alone, and because of added prebiotics, it nurtures your good bacteria.
How To Use Wipegel?
Simply add a drop of Wipegel to any toilet paper. Wipegel instantly turns your toilet paper into a luxurious, prebiotic infused wet wipe.
Wipegel is great for gentle refreshing anywhere on your body, and it is specifically formulated for your anus and genitals.
Wipegel is non-sticky, dries fast, and could also be used to condition your skin as a leave-on gel.
Safely flush your toilet paper afterward.
P.S. Does not disintegrate toilet paper while in use. Tested & Guaranteed.
Fascinated With Bacteria: My Story
In 2013 I suffered from several recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs). Searching for a cure, I learned how important our own bacteria are, and that many pathogenic bacteria live in our own poop.
If you use too much of soap, wet wipes, or even simple toilet paper, you risk disturbing your natural healthy microbial balance. This, in turn, could lead to various issues such as bad smell, dry skin, irritation, and even infections.
Therefore, I set on a mission to develop a product that could do both: remove poop better AND support your natural beneficial bacteria at the same time.
To learn more about human microbiome follow these links:
Ingredients And Guiding Principles
Most importantly, I wanted to create a product that would be as natural as possible so I teamed up with Kumar, an experienced cosmetic formulating chemist who shares my values.
- For example, we are NOT using any of these: Parabens, Synthetic fragrances, Polyethylene Glycol (PEG), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) or Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), Diethanolamine (DEA), Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA), and Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT).
- The prebiotic blend that we use in Wipegel is made in Belgium and has been clinically tested to promote the growth of good bacteria and to naturally suppress the growth of opportunistic bacteria and yeast when used in personal care products.
- Since most conventional preservatives could have an adverse effect on our skin's microbiome, we found a super mild (and very expensive!) non-irritating vegetable based preservative that smells like almonds and made in Italy.
- We added witch hazel at whopping 30% of the total volume of the product, making it super skin friendly. Witch hazel is a wonderful North American plant that provides exceptional care for the delicate skin around your anus and genitals.
- There are only FIVE ingredients in Wipegel: water, witch hazel (30%), carbomer (thickening agent), prebiotic blend, a natural preservative.
Start 2018 with a clean, fresh bottom and happy helpful bacteria! And continue like that for many months to come since even a small amount of Wipegel tends to last a very long time.
To make it special and celebratory for the first backers who are ready to commit for a year of cleanliness, we plan to release multiple bottle sets in a nice-looking gift box.
Every backer will receive a personalized hand-written Thank You card and our eternal gratitude.
Here is a screenshot of a packaging design review:
My name is Anastasia Visotsky, I am a health blogger with a background in operations and marketing. I have been writing about the importance of human microbiome in context of women's health for the past five years while at the same time heading a Customer Success team at a Health IT startup in Silicon Valley, CA.
For this project, I worked with Kumar Siva, an experienced formulating chemist from Greater Manchester area, UK. Kumar spent over 35 years developing personal care products, including his work for cosmetic giants such as Colgate-Palmolive.
Risks and challenges
-Several key ingredients are shipped from overseas, therefore time is the most unpredictable factor. It might take us longer than 2 months to ship Wipegel if any of the ingredients are delayed.
-The lead manufacturing time for our first batch is between 2-6 weeks. Our manufacturer can't guarantee the exact timeline, their timing is dependent on how busy they are with other orders. This also makes it challenging to predict the exact date when the product is ready to ship.
- The formula is in the last stages of the official stability testing at a UK lab. This means we hold Wipegel at different temperatures for 90 days to see if the consistency would change. Since we have been using the variations of the formula for the past six months, this is very unlikely that we wouldn't have observed something by now, the formula has been pretty stable all this time. If, however, we need to make any changes to the formula, this could delay product shipment for another 4-6 weeks.
Good news is that all critical challenges are already behind us.
-The formula has passed toxicology assessment with flying colors.
-Myself, our friends, and a dozen of readers from my blog have been testing Wipegel since August 2017 and we can't imagine wiping any other way. I'm convinced, you'll love Wipegel.
-Choosing the right packaging has been a challenge, but we found packaging that performs well with Wipegel (a squeeze bottle for 2 oz and a pump for 8 oz volume as seen above).
-And I found a facility, here in CA, that follows FDA guidelines for best manufacturing practices, FDA certified, not super expensive, and is ready to make the first batch.
- (25 days)