MIND - The Fall of Paradise, a scifi strategy boardgame (Canceled)
MIND - The Fall of Paradise, a scifi strategy boardgame (Canceled)
Manage your colony and order your citizens to build, find bonuses, resolve events and invade the enemy in MIND - The Fall of Paradise.
Manage your colony and order your citizens to build, find bonuses, resolve events and invade the enemy in MIND - The Fall of Paradise. Read more
MIND - The Fall of Paradise is a sci-fi world created and developed in the last 4 years by me, Vladimir Teneslav, and the introduction into this new world is with this kickstarter that will try to fund and launch STAGE I - The Darkest Hour.
This Kickstarter puts forth four playable Factions in Earth, Mars, Venus and Mercury, where each Faction is played by a single player. The game supports Solo play, Competitive and Cooperative, all you have to do is choose and back the Faction you want to play with, or get more to expand your collection or just gift a friend.
When choosing your favorite Faction keep in mind that these are similar but very quite different in the same time as each Faction has it’s own unique Leader, Superpower, Scenarios, Events and Colony layout.
Below you can find out what you get within each Faction box. The content is the same in quantity and type, the art and text differs, and of course, the colors.
Want to know what you get yourself into in a game of MIND? Well you should expect to be in control of a colony that needs to be built and expanded upon and your focus has to be on gaining the 5 Achievements in the game: Researcher, Ruler, Dominator, Builder and Seeker.
You can play the game solo, competitive and cooperative. In competitive there can be only 1 winner and the goal here is to have the most Achievements by the end of the last turn. Competitive is not for everyone though as the Take That may be off putting to some players. Then, if that's the case, you can play cooperative and help each other gain all 5 Achievements and none less, but don't expect this to be easy. If any of you is missing just one Achievement when the game ends then all players lose the game. One for all and all for one.
What you should also expect is to negotiate and talk a lot to your friends at the table as you will be discussing alliances, sometimes begging for help or mercy, justifying or laughing with pride at your back stabbing or just trying to mind game others into making them do the play you want. If you are a good politician you should do fine.
Finally, what you should expect is to be placed in front of some interesting and hard situations that you need to find solutions to. After all, this is a strategy game. You will have to use the limited orders and resources you have to get the maximum done inside your colony. All those burning sectors, malfunctioning structures and jammed doors won't repair themselves. And you have to keep in mind that your friendly ally can any time turn against you and add some more fire, break some more structures and jam more doors to your already lovely colony. Or... Or he can send some men to help or give you a bonus or two. That's also a possibility, but it will be your job to read the situation.
What I can also tell you is that the game has great replay value and creates lots of memorable moments as it is the kind of game that builds a story that you will be discussing with your friends after the session is over for another half an hour.
I want to give a few different reasons to consider backing this project right now, and not wait for a later chance.
- there will be no later chance, simple as that. I am coming to kickstarter to seek help as this is not a preorder campaign. I do not have the funds to make this come true without you.
- you are getting the best deal possible, at 10% of MSRP.
- you get the game first. Backing right now ensures that you will be the first players to enter the world of MIND in 2017.
- you get a chance to enrich your Factions with exclusive content. I have prepared some very nice exclusives just to show my appreciation to everybody hopping on board now.
- all backers receive 1 free "Bonus Box" Addon.
- you get to decide the future of the game. The campaign is made so that I am giving you lots of control on what stretch goals we unlock next, thus giving you the helm on where we go next.
- we are stronger in great numbers. The more we are the more content we can unlock and the better and prettier we can make this game.
Besides the objective reasons above, I want to give one more subjective one. To back an indie developer. I worked alone on this game for more than 4 years and I have done everything from design to art. I have learned a lot in this process and made some great friends. I really want to make this game and make you all enjoy this thing I have created but I cannot do it alone.
The Pledge levels are very varied and should cover all preferences. You can start at any of the below pledges and increase the pledged amount to cover any extra Addons you may want.
Once you have chosen a reward from above you can increase your pledge level and add more funds to gain any of the below Addons. Please note that when you see an Addon represented in four different colors it just means that the Addon is individual for each Faction. For example, the Content Pack #1 is £2 per box, and is available for all Factions. If you want all 4 Content Pack Addons you will have to add £8 to your pledge. More Addons will be added here once we unlock them.
And then we have the ULTIMATE COLLECTOR's addon, that has all content related addons included. This Addon is for the completionist backer that wants it all without any struggle. The Utimate Collector is £40 and once we manage to unlock more addons they are included automatically. The more we unlock the more value the ULTIMATE COLLECTOR's box gets.
Everyone receives Krono for FREE when we reach 400 backers! Make sure to share the project with your friends.
As soon as we unlock a new Stretch Goal it will appear here as unlocked. For now, I only want to give you a glimpse on what can come and tell you that even I do not know what we will unlock first, as I am running this campaign in a manner that you, the backers, decide where we go next after we fund. By being here and helping this project you get to decide what we unlock next. That's right! I am not going to submit a linear path of goals, instead go check the "Kickstarter Campaign" section on this page to learn how we will do it.
Now, I am not sure what will come but I know what can come. Here is one example of each type of stretch goal that we can reveal on the battlemap: Exclusive, Upgrade, Content and Addon.
Shipping is going to be calculated and paid for after the campaign ends. Once we know what everyone has pledge for we can calculate an exact and custom shipping rate for everyone, as there is no global shipping fee that can be applied universally.
For now, you can look at the above estimates, however, these can change, depending on your chosen rewards and the campaign's progress.
This project is USA, CAN, EU and AU friendly, meaning that the shipping will be done from local depots inside these areas to reduce costs. All EEC countries are included in the EU section.
In this section you can learn more about the rules and see video tutorials or live gameplay.
I consider the game to have many unique and interesting characteristics and even the ones present in other games come together really uniquely here. Below is a list of key points that I'd like you to think about:
- the theme is really present and complements the design; you will feel in control of a colony and its citizens;
- almost no design driven down time; yes, this is something I worked really hard to achieve and this is possible because players interplay their turns.
- great player interaction; there is lot's of talking and banter going on during a game of MIND. Players role play and make jokes because the game creates interesting and worth mentioning moments.
- the game tells a story at the end of the session; you can really look back at the end of a game and remember the cool progression the session had. Being memorable is very important.
- the game is very flexible; the game can be played over a maximum of 7 turns but players get to choose the amount they want to spend playing, as the golden rule of 10 minutes per player per turn is written in stone. This means that you can setup the game for any amount of time you have available on your hands. Want an epic 4 hour game during your Sunday afternoon? You can totally do that also.
- your decisions matter. While there is dice rolling, overall you will not feel cheated by the game nor played by it. You choose to be corrupt or enlightened, you choose what strategy you adopt and the loss or win will be on you!
- good production. I worked hard to make the game look like it was made by 10 people and not one. My standards were set high by other big companies out there and being an indie creator didn't want to be my excuse.
This Kickstarter campaign is thematically about winning the battle for Earth and defend the last terrestrial capital, the mighty Gorgoroth.
While we wait to fund MIND, hopefully not that long, we should focus on doing Micro Quests that represent social micro goals that reward upon completion a Scan.
Scans are used to look inside the surrounding Districts and see what Stretch Goal is hiding in each. In this campaign we will be able to look ahead and see more and more goals if we spread the word and participate in completing Micro Goals. Note, that after we get to Scan districts you all decide what District we assault next in order to fund for the Stretch Goal hiding inside.
So, we complete Micro Quests to see Stretch Goals, then you all tell me what you like most from the Battlemap and we will go there next to claim it. Giving you the power to decide the future of the game is something I really strongly believe.
More about this process once we fund!
We must focus on completing Micro Quests that help spread the word about the campaign and also reward us with a Scan that we can later use to reveal stretch goals. Below are the current available Quests:
* a promoter is a backer who uses on Kickstarter a themed avatar from this campaign. Click the image below to download avatars.
** a Web Mention is any new discussion started by you about this project somewhere on the web. Just post a link into the comments section of this project and if the Web Mention is new it will be counted for the Quest. Note that Web Mentions are not social network related, but forums, dedicated board game sites, and so on.
When a Micro Quest is completed we receive 1 Scan and the Quest gets reactivated, only with an increased requirement.
I've been asked many times why I didn't just relaunch a couple of months later after the unsuccessful campaign in December, 2014? Initially I wanted to, however I had two big concerns about the game:
- do I accept that my game is quite hard so the audience will be smaller?
- do I accept that the price is high so the audience will be even smaller?
I really could not get myself to agree with those statements. The thing is I am confident MIND would have funded in February as the reception was great, just the timing really off, but I soon realized I wanted to change the game to reach to more people by making it simpler and cheaper. But you cannot do that without some considerable changes.
Slowly, and I mean 2 years slowly, the game has shifted from a dungeon crawler mixed with strategy to a strategy mixed with role playing. The good thing about these changes is that I now have created a platform that can really grow in more than a game type. As you will see with game modes, MIND can switch gameplay styles because of this new foundation.
All in all I am very happy that I had the courage to resist the temptation of relaunching fast. I have taken my time to create something better because it can go farther. I really want people to interpret this slow relaunch as passion and dedication and I hope this proves that no matter how hard it is I am going to take the best decisions and not the easiest ones.
Here we are, at the bottom of the page, after all the work has been done and all the words have been read (hopefully). I want to thank you all for taking the time and looking at this page, maybe even commenting or pledging. I cannot express the joy of completing such a big project on my own. No matter the result of this campaign I am happy.
Thank you all for being here!
Risks and challenges
As this is my first attempt at publishing a boardgame there may be unforeseen events that will occur, cannot deny. But I can assure you that many steps have been already planned for, and what may surprise us will be resolved with much professionalism and dedication. I will not let a single detail be missed since this is more than a project, this is a passion project.
The production is handled by Panda so the quality of the game will be top notch and the only fear I have is with shipping, but what project creator does not fear this beast?Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (36 days)