NOTE ABOUT CURRENCY:
As we are based in Sydney; Australia, the project goal and all pricing is given in Australian dollars (AUD). We have included an approximate USD conversion for all the reward tiers and add-ons. The project goal of $20,000 AUD is approximately $14,000 USD.
My name is Ben Jones from Elephant Playing Cards. Our first deck of playing cards “Prism: Night” pushed the boundaries of playing card technology and aesthetic by adding a world-first shiny UV gloss layer to the face of the cards. Our next deck: “Pipmen” takes the creative impulse a step further in a Leremy-inspired playful work of art unlike anything you’ve seen before:
What are Pipmen?
Pips are the suit symbols on the card face - the spade, heart, diamond or club indicators. In addition to this standard element each Pipmen card has little stickmen figures interacting with the pips to create a unique scene. So Pipmen are the Pip-men! Get it?
Pipmen cards are fun, quirky and interesting; each one is unique and sure to delight!
- Printed with Legends Playing Card Company on their Diamond Finish
- 3 separate decks; Black, Red and Shadow Editions (Poker pairs: card faces are the same; different backs, boxes and Jokers!). Shadow deck will unlock at the $30k Stretch Goal
- Custom Silver Foil Deck Seal for Black and Red Edition decks
- Limited Collectors edition deck (Shadow Edition); only 1000 printed. Shadow Edition decks are only available with selected reward tiers (not as an add-on).
- Custom Numbered Deck Seal (#1-1000) for Shadow Edition decks
- Interior printing in the interesting Pipmen theme (if stretch goal is reached)
- Intricate and extensive embossing to all decks (if stretch goal is reached)
- 58 Custom and Unique playing cards (different Jokers for each edition)
- Unique back designs for each deck.
Note that the Shadow edition deck (if unlocked) will only be available in select reward tiers, and not as an add-on!
With normal transformational decks, the Court cards can be a letdown because after having such interesting number cards the traditional Jack, Queen and King are a bit boring. With Pipmen, each court card is a unique and original reversible scene; each side of the Court tells a story!
The Jokers are the jesters of Pipland; making mischief, getting into trouble and messing things up. They are so interesting that we have made different Jokers for each of the Black and Red edition decks. That’s right: 6 Jokers!
The deck seal is fully custom and designed to showcase the full range of Pipmen activities. With the sky above and water below the cut line, it displays the world of the Pipmen in shiny silver foil. If the Shadow Edition deck is unlocked, that will come with a custom Numbered seals (#1-1000) for that collectors edition.
We have created a custom uncut sheet layout for this project to beautifully present each of the cards in a way that looks incredible! The Court cards create a frame to contain the exciting numbered cards which centre on the beautiful Aces and Jokers. This is the star of the project; if you have a spare space on your wall, this is what will fill it! Make sure to add one of these uncuts to your pledge because they are a fun and eye catching piece of art which will look fantastic anywhere! They also make excellent gifts :)
You can specify which edition of the uncut sheet you want in the survey at the end of the project. Shadow Edition uncut sheets will become available when the Shadow deck is unlocked for the same add-on price. Uncut sheets will ship unframed. The distributor will take every precaution to safely pack these, however minor scuffs, scratches, or creases may occur at the far edges of the sheets. These blemishes are unavoidable and are usually easily covered after it is framed. You will specify which version of the uncut sheet you want (if the red deck is unlocked) in the survey distributed after the project finishes.
If you want to add some extra decks, uncut sheets or other sorts of fancy business to your pledge, this is the info you need:
NOTES on the Add-Ons:
- Add-on prices include shipping!
- You can only add-on BLACK or RED decks to your pledge - SHADOW decks are only available in certain reward tiers.
- You can add ANY uncut sheet (Black, Red or Shadow if unlocked)
This table will be updated as stretch goals are unlocked. Instructions on how to add more products to your pledge is below.
For T-Shirts, refer to THIS POST and the table below :)
What project is complete without some tantalizing stretch goals to make it interesting?
1) After you have pledged to the project, go to the blue ‘manage my pledge’ button on the top right of the page.
2) With reference to the Add-ons table above, increase your pledge amount by the total of the add-ons you want to add. Do not change the reward tier you are currently pledged at. If you want to change your tier, just make sure to add the total of add-ons to your new tier level. If you are an international backer, make sure to pledge the international amount.
3) Once the funding period has ended, we will send out a survey which will allow you to review your rewards, confirm your address and a few other essentials. In that process you will be able to use the over-pledged credit to select your additional rewards.
4) In this survey you can also select and add on any other rewards, above what you had pledged for. So if you want another half brick, a few posters and an uncut sheet – now’s the time to get it!
If you are a proud backer of Pipmen Playing Cards, you can support the project by changing your profile image (on Kickstarter, social media, forums, etc) to the Pipmen badge:
We will also be uploading some artwork to use on your mobile - for free! Stay tuned for more updates :)
These are provided completely free, even if you are not a backer! Though if you do back the project you will have access to a wider range of artwork and other great bonuses at the end of the project :)
Campaign: Mid-February - Mid-March
Backerkit surveys returned: Late-April
Digital proof processing and physical proofs approved: Late-May
Printing complete: Early-July
Fulfillment and shipping: July
Receive Decks: July-August
*Note: It can take up to 3 weeks for the funds from a Kickstarter campaign to reach the project creators account to start production
Keep in touch!
Elephant Playing Cards on Facebook
Elephant Playing Cards on Twitter
Risks and challenges
We have done a lot of research and reviewed several companies to ensure that this project goes as smoothly as possible. In the end, the proven quality and experience of Legends Playing Card Company (LPCC) was a major factor in the decision to produce with them. We have set the delivery date conservatively so as not to rush the production of the product, and have full confidence in LPCC to produce the decks, and Gamblers Warehouse to fulfill them.
This is the second Kickstarter project by Elephant Playing Cards, and while the first one went off relatively smoothly, there may be unanticipated problems which could arise. We have thoroughly prepared for this campaign and will be open and transparent to all backers if any difficulties are encountered. The designs are 100% finished so there should be no delay in sending the digital proofs to the manufacturer, and then onto production.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)