In a dark Future where the European Union approved Article 13 and thus introduced Upload Filters you
- Play as a Meme Inspector: After the failure of automatic Upload Filters the EU introduced human Inspectors to check for potential Copyright violations.
- Check for Discrepancys: To Upload Memes there are now several Documents required with lots of possible Errors you need to check.
- Complete Minigames: There are several Minigames you can encounter within the core Game itself (see below).
- Overcome increasing hurdles: The Game starts rather simple but can get quite complex after a couple of (ingame)Days.
- Uploads are queued up and appear automatically
- Every Upload is different and randomly generated
- You have a Rulebook with detailed Information you need to check (and sometimes verify)
- If any Discrepancys are found they need to be reported. (Currently this is just a simple Button Press but i am definitely planning to change that in the Future)
- Discrepancys are not all equal. There are more and less critical ones, missing some critical ones can even result in a Minigame.
- Glitch Attack: Hide behind cover and destroy all Viruses before they reach you and Damage your System.
- The VirusVoid: Survive for 60 Seconds in a Void filled with Binary Asteroids and avoid being shot by patrolling Viruses
- DDOS-Attack: Prevent faulty Bits from penetrating your Firewall by shooting them down before they can reach it.
- More: At least 2 additional minigames are going to be added until final release
- Article 13: A new European Copyright Directive currently awaiting approval from the EU-Parliament. It forces almost every Internet-Platform to check for Copyright infringements before uploading which would change the web as we know it. For more Information visit the SaveTheInternet Website
- Papers Please: One of the best Indie Games out there. Although it plays in a completely different scenario the core Gameplay, graphical style & title of Memes Please are obviously inspired by this masterpiece. Check it out here
- Old Classics: Some of the Minigames are basically "upgraded" Versions of Classics like Space Invaders & Asteroids.
Demo Builds (Windows / Linux / Mac OS X):
Small Demo which allows you to play one Ingame-Day with all Features enabled. Please Note that this Alpha Gameplay so you could encounter Bugs.
Ever since I was a kid I wanted to make games; at first i created my own board games and over time i switched over to making PC Games. Although this is not my first large Project it is the first destined for an international audience and also my first Game to go on Kickstarter.
I am now working on Memes Please for about 6 Months and even though there is not a set release date yet i am planning to finish it in early Q2 2019. Why Crowdfunding? Simply to cover the costs of a Steam Release and Music while also allowing the community to have a say in the games development. I do all the programming, art & design by myself.
Thanks for your time and I hope you consider supporting my game.
If you'd like more info about the development of Memes Please, feel free to follow my social media:
Risks and challenges
Whether it is a delayed launch date or a major change in a game's feature, I will always be transparent about what comes next. As a supporter you can expect weekly updates and exclusive info leading all the way up to launch.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)