About this project
The Love Letters Series
The Love Letters series is an alphabet made out of things that I love--leaves, flowers, insects, and other little natural wonders.
Some of the letters are alliterative, others represent the names of important people in my life and are made out of their favorite things, or things that in some way represent my relationship with that person.
I've wanted to bring the letters together in a book for a long time. This is a great opportunity to give the context and story behind each letter alongside a beautiful, full-color reproduction.
- 4X6 size
- 32 pages (may change depending on if we meet some stretch goals)
- full color plate of each letter
- description and story behind each letter
Funding a high quality print run, even a small one, takes a good chunk of cash. Crowdfunding that initial cost will be a huge help for me. I'd also like to offer the book to my early supporters at a lower cost than final retail value.
- $3 -A digital .pdf copy of the book and mention in the credits.
- $8 -1 print copy, unsigned.
- $10 -1 print copy, signed & sketched.
- $15 -1 print copy+ 1 postcard
- NEW: $20 -1 print copy+coloring book
- $25 -1 signed print copy+5 postcards
- $26 -2 unsigned print copies +5 postcards
- $30 -3 signed print copies
- $40 -1 unsigned print copy+ 26 postcard set
- $45 -1 signed print copy+ 26 postcard set
- NEW: $55 -1 signed print copy+26 postcard set+1 poster
- NEW: $65 -1 signed print copy+26 postcard set+1 poster+coloring book
- $130 -signed Print copy+ 26 postcards +original line art
- $500 COMPLETE! -Fancy descriptions in full color
- $800 COMPLETE! -Poster of complete alphabet becomes available!
- $1000 -COMPLETE! Bookmarks of the complete alphabet series become available!
- $1200 -COMPLETE! Love Letters: The Coloring Book
- $1500 -Variant letter E added
- $2000 -What’s your process? .pdf comic available about the process behind each letter.
Risks and challenges
As of launching this project, the book's layout and image descriptions are still being created and edited. I plan to have them done and the print files ready to go before the Kickstarter ends in early December. Once sent to the printer, it will be 10-15 business days before shipping to backers can begin.
Obviously, getting things in backer's hands before the holidays would be ideal. While this is the goal, I do ask that my backers allow for late December shipping, especially if we hit way over our initial $350 goal. There is a 2-3 week delay after the Kickstarter ends before I'll see any money from it. If I have enough in the bank to ship immediately after the Kickstarter ends I will, but if things get wild over here we might have to wait a few extra weeks before I can afford to cover printing and shipping costs.
The biggest risks and challenges arise if we fund over 1000%, at which point shipping and processing could take much longer, going into January or February of 2016. I will do my very best to keep the project on schedule regardless of volume and appreciate your patience if this winds up being the case.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (32 days)