This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
Imaginarium: The Dream Factory
Imaginarium: The Dream Factory
Welcome to Imaginarium, a strategy and development game with a race to objectives in a steampunk dreamlike universe.
Welcome to Imaginarium, a strategy and development game with a race to objectives in a steampunk dreamlike universe. Read more
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
Through the mist, you can just about see the gigantic form of the factory. This is where the essence of dreams is shaped! We will enter the factory through the grand entrance. Here are the famous machines! You can repair, combine or dismantle them. They will produce the resources needed to repair more powerful machines. I am sure that you will quickly make the best use of your resources and the space available in your workshop to carry out the projects of the design office and gain Victory points!
Created by Bruno Cathala and Florian Sirieix, Imaginarium is a strategy, combination and development game with a race to objectives, for 2-5 players. Felideus Bubastis, brings fantastic animal figures together with the factory’s steampunk atmosphere in surprising and daring illustrations.
LANGUAGE: During this campaign, the Imaginarium game and the free promo packs are only available in English. In the box, only the rulebook, the machine names and the skill game aids on the back of the screens have text on them.
AVAILABILITY: Imaginarium is already on sale in some countries.The launch was a real success: in France 4000 boxes were sold during the first month.
If you live in France, Belgium, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden and soon in Canada and China, you can find Imaginarium in stores, so there is no particular need to participate in this Kickstarter (see Why Kickstarter below).
For this campaign, we have decided not to include any stretch goals. Imaginarium is already commercialized in certain countries (see Why Kickstarter) and we have improved the components and the gameplay as much as we want to: models, marbled cubes, storage box… all of these are already in the base box! But we did want to mark the occasion. In addition to the upgraded components, we are going to offer you the gift of a super promo pack which will be slipped into your game box!
Explanation of the game in 15 minutes:
Now, follow the guide!
Before starting, make your choice of one from the five handymen of Imaginarium. Do you prefer Nicodemus, Felideus or Philomena?
It’s over here to follow the visit of the factory.
You see this great metal staircase? It leads to the conveyor belt on which broken machines go past. Place your handyman either in front of one of them to reserve it, or in front of an extractor to earn some charcoalium.
Then when it is your turn, you can:
Start up the repaired machines in your workshop;
Buy the reserved machine, if you have enough charcoalium to pay for it. It is then stored next to your personal workshop while it waits to be repaired.
- Carry out 2 of the 6 actions in your personal workshop. Be careful to choose them well!
At the end of the turn, you stop off at the design office to validate your projects. This is the best way of earning enough victory points to win the game. But hurry, you must be faster than the other players! The first to earn 20 victory points ends the game.
Prepare yourself to enter the mysterious universe of the Great Machinists, the only ones to have access to the dreams that leave the factory. This, of course, is the ultimate goal of every handyman! Now, get to work!
Open the box:
Imaginarium gets the Seal of approval from The Dice Tower:
Review with the Game Boy Geek:
The allegro Review of Game Boy Geek:
Review with Man Vs Meeple
To see more Imaginarium videos, follow this link.
Imaginarium was released in spring 2018 in stores in several countries: France, Belgium, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, Netherlands (EN), Denmark (EN), Finland (EN), Norway (EN), Sweden (EN) and soon Canada (FR et EN) and China. There are still many countries for which we do not have distributors, the United States included. Thanks to Kickstarter we are able to make Imaginarium available to far more players worldwide, especially those who cannot find it in their usual distribution circuit. It is a way for us to promote an adventurous game that means so much to us and to give it a chance to meet the widest audience possible. By pledging to Kickstarter you will access all the goodies published for this occasion. We will do our best to make them available in the classic circuits but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible everywhere.
Bombyx has been a games publisher since 2011. Our catalogue contains more than twenty games including big hits such as Takenoko, Abyss, The Builders… We love smart games with strong graphics!
There will not be any Pledge Manager after this campaign. Please, select your delivery country in the pull-down list. If your country is not in the list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We found a solution for pledgers who are not retail and who would like to pledge more than 1 box. As we will not do a Pledge manager, you have to fill in the amount when you pledge. To have more information, click here.
We will collect the information after the campaign ends, via a Kickstarter survey which is hosted by Kickstarter itself.
We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in China (Asia, Pacific and Japan backers), USA (USA), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers), and France (EU backers and the rest of the world).
Please note that the Brazilian shipping cost includes all taxation.
Game Author: Bruno Cathala & Florian Sirieix
Artwork: Felideus Bubastis
Translation: Rebecca Sevoz
Sculptor: Arnaud Boudoiron
Miniatures Painter: Martin Grandbarbe
Photographer: Jean-Baptiste Guiton
Community Manager: Matt John
Video explanation: Ronan Loup (film maker) & Yohann Hériot (incredible actor)
Video Trailer: Fabien Delarue & Benjamin Titeux
Open the Box Video: Stéphane Cittadino
Game Videos: The Dice Tower, The Game Boy Geek, Man Vs Meeple
Publisher: Bombyx team
International Partners: Asmodee France, Asmodee Belgium, Asmodee GmbH, Asmodee United Kingdom, Asmodee China, Hobby Japan, Ilo 307, Enigma Distribution Benelux B.V. & Asmodee Nordics.
Risks and challenges
With Imaginarium, Bombyx launches its first Kickstarter, but as an established publishing house we do have a lot of experience in board game publishing. We also benefit from Monolith’s experience with the Conan, Mythic Battle and Batman Kickstarters, as we share the same office.
Creating a game, manufacturing and shipping it are significant challenges. Production delays, shipping delays, customs delays all have to be faced.
Bombyx will do their utmost to ensure that deliveries start according to the announced schedules. However, it is never impossible that a problem may arise. Should this happen, we will do our absolute best to provide you with accurate information and to limit any delays to a minimum.
Imaginarium is already commercially available in some countries, this means that the files for this new edition are ready and that the main manufacturing issues have already been resolved. Some of you will already have seen the retail boxes on the internet or at festivals! This means that mass production can begin rapidly after the campaign.
TERMS, CONDITIONS & REFUND POLICY
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, components, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented in this Kickstarter project page.
Regarding the payments made through Kickstarter:
• A full refund without any conditions within 14 days after the end of the Kickstarter campaign.
• 90% refund without any conditions from the 15th day after the end of the Kickstarter campaign to the day the first ship with Imaginarium content departs from China. The start of the shipping date will be announced in a Kickstarter update.
The refunds are made by default in Euros through Kickstarter. Transaction fees may be applied by the transaction operator. If the refund through Kickstarter is not possible (for instance if the debit/credit card expired, or because of the use of a virtual card, or for any other reason), the refund will be made with a bank wire. Additional bank fees may apply depending on the bank and the country.
We commit to delivering your order in accordance with the information provided in the Kickstarter survey, or refund 90% of the paid amount if you do not fill out the following information in the Kickstarter survey by the time it is closed:
• Indicate the detail of your order
• Fill out your delivery information
• Validate and confirm your order.
We regret we are unable to ship to PO Boxes, and to following countries: Cuba, Iran, Burma (Myanmar), Sudan, North Korea and Syria.
• Follow the communications through the project updates. Kickstarter.com sends you each update by email, but if you do not receive them (spam, change in your email address…) it is up to you to stay informed. The updates are regular and all available on the Kickstarter project page. The updates will also be published on our Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/studiobombyx/)
• Fill out your information to finalize your order, enter your delivery address in the Kickstarter survey before it is closed. The opening and closing dates of Kickstarter survey will be announced in a Kickstarter update.
• Update your delivery address in the Kickstarter survey in case of change and provide valid information for your delivery (full address, email address, phone number). The deadline for updating your information and the delivery dates will be announced in a Kickstarter update. Updating your information cannot be done by mail or direct message via Facebook or Kickstarter. We will not be able to refund the orders delivered to an invalid address and the reshipment will be charged.
• Send your refund request to the following email address: email@example.com indicating the necessary information to process your request (email address used on Kickstarter, amount of the requested refund, and the name of the game). To ensure the efficient processing of your request and its traceability, we can not guarantee an answer through the direct messaging of our Kickstarter or facebook pages.
• Accept the conditions and import taxes of the country you selected for your delivery. We can not refund the orders not delivered or for which the import taxes are too high in the destination country.
• Contact in priority the support service of your delivery hub for any issue related to your order :
- Issues related to the expedition of your parcel (absence, lost or damaged)
- Issues related to the content of your parcel (missing or damaged references)
- Issues related to the content of your game boxes (missing or damaged component)
The tracking information of your parcel is only valid for a few months. In case of an issue, if you do not contact the support service of your hub as indicated in the Kickstarter updates within 3 months after the end of the shipping period, we can not guarantee a positive answer to your support or refund requests.
If these terms are not acceptable to you, then we suggest that you do not participate in this crowdfunding campaign. Thank you for your understanding.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter