THE MUST HAVE BBQ GRILL: The REvolution of BBQ Check it out!
The REvolution of BBQ! A fully demountable, transportable, easy to use spit grill with an electric motor that works with AA batteries!
Trendhunter: “Rotating a hunk of meat (or fish) over an open fire is perhaps one of the best ways to cook such foods; the Kanka Grill provides a modernized version of such spit grills in order to appeal to more people…”
Digital Trends:"...Kanka is different. Unlike most of its predecessors, this badboy weighs only 11 pounds and can be assembled or broken down in a matter of seconds, so it’s ideal for backyard barbecues and camping trips alike"
WHAT IS KANKA? KANKA is an advanced electric, rotating spit grill; that is fully demountable, ultra-portable, and extremely versatile. It can be used in every imaginable place always ensuring perfect results!
Since the beginning of time, people has cooked their food by placing it over a controlled heat source (or fire) while constantly rotating it. These days, it's possible to find this method of preparing food in many cultures under a concept best known as Rotisserie, but it can be traced back to times where this was the only way for cooking vegetables, meat or fish: with a stick over the fire.
In extreme South American regions like Patagonia, known for its Barbecue culture and experts, this technique is considered almost a “religion”, and today we can see that the use of this cooking concept is growing rapidly in the rest of the world.
Why? Because the results of this cooking technique are unique and extraordinary:
- Roast perfect, evenly cooked meat, "locking in all the juices" making it incredibly soft and tender.
- Cook crispy and delicious roasted vegetables, fish or any of your favorite food.
- Never burn or overcook food, because it's slow cooking!
- Get perfect and consistent results barbecue after barbecue.
For many, this technique is unknown, complex, and requires BIG complicated “infrastructure”; usually with "fixed" fire pits and massive, extremely noisy motors. That is what made a group of friends decide to take on the challenge and create KANKA: The ultra-portable, electric, rotating spit grill.
We needed to create something:
- Innovative: Not imitation, but innovation. Our product philosophy is focused on creative, patent-worthy inventions. Oh Yeah, it's all about uniqueness and this case is no different!
- Extremely versatile. So it would work over ANY heat source, cook ANY type of food, and be adjustable to ANY convectional grill or terrain. Like that famous movie character said: FreedooOOoooOOom!
- Fully demountable + compact + portable. So it could be carried like a backpack or placed in the trunk of any car, allowing you to enjoy an amazing BBQ anywhere! Suddenly, any place seems to be a perfect spot for a perfect BBQ! Don't limit yourself... go out, explore!
- Easy to assemble and use. So everyone, regardless of his or her cooking experience, could achieve perfect and consistent results. No expertise needed. Period!
- With motorized Rotation: So users can be more involved in their social or recreational activities rather than their “sweating activities" :). Built with a high torque / low consumption and battery-operated geared motor, it rotates at adjustable speeds doing the job for you!
Tough and Durable. Because of it’s outdoor use it needed to be tough and highly durable, so it could endure impacts, high heat, dirt. The use of high quality 304 stainless steel construction does the job.
- Easy to clean. Just wiping it down with a wet paper towel or cloth will be enough to have it clean and ready to be put back in its bag. This means no more brushing your old fashioned grill! :)
- Beautifully Designed. Last but not the least, we gave KANKA a modern look, so users will be proud to showcase it...it not only has the looks, but also the "brains" ;)
It has been a long, bumpy road, but we are passionate and goal driven!
We have been developing KANKA with all of our efforts and passion for the past 2 years.
After months of trial and error, constant improvements, redesigning and building new prototypes in our garage, and after getting some very valuable feedback from our "loving community” (AKA several barbecues taste tests with friends and family :), we are extremely excited to share with you all that WE FINALLY GOT IT! With the right support and funding we will be able to move out of our small workshop, mass produce KANKAs and bring them to your homes.
We didn’t invent slow cooking or the rotisserie, but we invented KANKA: the ultra-portable and easy to use rotating electric spit grill that will revolutionize the way you BBQ while giving you the freedom to enjoy one wherever you decide! Just leave it in your car…it won’t take up much space ;)
- Versatile: It’s simple…ANY food, ANY heat source, ANYWHERE!
- Lightweight, ultra-portable and easy to store. KANKA fits in the trunk of any car and anywhere in your home (try doing this with a conventional Grill :) …suddenly “store it under the bed” will be too much space :)
- Completely demountable. All pieces fit inside a small, cool-looking carrying bag. Very comfortable to carry, too!
- Easy to Assemble. Have it ready to roll in 3 very simple steps, literally! You’ll have no need for special tools or adjusting complex parts. See it yourself!
- Powerful and efficient! Powered by a high torque/low consumption geared motor, so you can enjoy barbecuing over and over again. With only 4 AA batteries it operates +12 hours, or 4-5 BBQs!
- Pure innovation: We are passing you the baton! Are you ready to join the REvolution?
We have been producing KANKA in VERY limited quantities in a rigorous, but manually intensive manufacturing process. As a result, our product is high-quality and meticulously tested. However, in terms of time optimization and output we know that, with the right tools, we can do much better ...
“Our goal is to make KANKA available to every home in America, and give users the freedom to enjoy great food and moments at any imaginable place…”
With your support and all the funds raised through Kickstarter we will:
- Move to a bigger workshop
- Design and implement a newer and more efficient production line, acquire modern production equipment and hire a full time production team to manufacture MORE and BETTER KANKAs
- Strengthen our supply chain and search for new suppliers
- Make our sales, distribution and marketing team stronger
- Product certification
Because we know the amazing results you can achieve, and because we understand that the best way to enjoy a good BBQ experience is by making everything simpler and “worry-free”, we want you to concentrate in having an amazing time with your loved ones and LET YOUR KANKA DO THE REST!
HELP US REACH OUR STRETCH GOALS!
The funds from Kickstarter will be used not only to produce more and better KANKAs, but also to start with the development of great accessories. We are full of new ideas, and we have so much creative energy, but we need a little help and support from the Kickstarter community so we can bring our creations and innovations to your homes.
By supporting us you are helping make something even bigger than KANKA itself! We at INTDESOL LLC thrive with the idea of a simple, happier life accomplished by innovations, engineering and design. We invite you to join us and support our BIG project. By doing so, you will help us make everyone's lives happier, one invention at a time (and also make your tummy happier one BBQ at a time!).
We at INTDESOL (Integrated Design Solutions) are a multidisciplinary team of young, talented friends and professionals with backgrounds in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering and Business school who share a passion for design and finding creative innovative solutions to everyday products.
Thank you in advance for your support and for spreading the word! Happy barbecuing to everyone and welcome to the revolution!
Risks and challenges
As with any innovation, we face some important risks and challenges.
Primary risks include:
SCALING UP PRODUCTION AND HIRE A PRODUCTION TEAM:
We consider this is our biggest challenge. In order to “suddenly” scale up and reach the desired production output we will need to invest in new, more efficient, and capable machinery, develop new tooling and the design a bigger production line. Accomplishing this requires large capital expenses, and reasonable time to find, hire and train the correct people with the right professional skills and passion for delivering innovative and high-quality products. Finding new suppliers will allow us to get all necessary machinery and a customized production line for our product. As soon as we are successful with this we will be ready to rock!
Today we get all of our parts and materials from over 20 suppliers around the world, some of them small suppliers with whom we've built a mutually beneficial business relationship and honest friendship. An explosive increase in volume could lead them to run out of stock easily. We will work with them and help them increase their production capabilities, as well as find more suppliers to satisfy our need for more materials and parts.
FINDING THE RIGHT FACILITY
We already have a few options in mind, and some "anxious realtors" calling us...So this should be an easy one ;)
We will start working with all necessary agencies in the US and other countries to have our product certified and ready to commercialize. This will require big amounts of valuable engineering time and funds to pay for all official agency fees.
LOGISTICS AND DISTRIBUTION:
We love product design and innovation, but "We don't love logistics :)"
That is why we will need to search for the best partners to undertake an efficient product fulfillment and distribution across the US. We already started initial conversations with some capable companies, and we are very excited to find the correct one that will help us get the KANKA spit to your homes safely and quickly!
- (35 days)