I drink bloody marys. I write about them. I post my bloody mary fueled musings on my blog for all to see. But after almost two years of blogging, it’s time to do more.
The Drunken Tomato takes you on a bloody mary filled journey through the best cocktail-slinging bars and restaurants in Los Angeles and Orange County. With over ninety in-depth reviews accompanied by detailed, full-color photos, you’ll know exactly what to expect and where to find your next savory tomato cocktail. Welcome to a life with no more bad bloody marys!
You'll love The Drunken Tomato because it is:
1. A unique city guide. The Drunken Tomato is the only comprehensive bloody mary city guidebook in the United States.
2. For locals and tourists alike. The Drunken Tomato features reviews of bloody marys from well-known restaurants to obscure dive bars, offering both first time visitors and long-time residents a fresh look at Southern California’s best tomato-based cocktails.
3. All-inclusive and easy to use. Each chapter of The Drunken Tomato focuses on one area of the city, providing detailed reviews and full-color photographs of the neighborhood’s top bloody marys.
Watch this video for more info about The Drunken Tomato and my awesome rewards.
I am self-publishing The Drunken Tomato in both digital and print versions. The digital version will be available in both Mobi and ePub format. The print version will be an 8.5 x 8.5 inch full-color paperback. Each chapter will cover a specific area of the city:
- Downtown Los Angeles
- East LA and the San Gabriel Valley
- Northeast LA
- Hollywood and West Hollywood
- Mid-City and Beverly Hills
- Malibu and the West Valley
- The Westside
- South Bay
- Long Beach
- North Orange County
- South Orange County
And each review will include detailed information about the bar or restaurant along with pictures of their awesome bloody marys. For a list of bars and restaurants visited, please visit my blog.
Your support will help pay for ISBNs, editing, formatting, and a professional book cover design as well as printing the physical books.
Your Pledge Options
1. Get the E-Book - $10
2. Get the Print Book with Bookmark - $20
3. Get the T-Shirt - $25
4. The Book Package - $30
5. The Bloody Mary Enthusiast Package - $50
6. The Sponsor Package - $100
Thank you for backing my book and sharing this project with your fellow bloody mary enthusiasts!
Remember, Kickstarter is all or nothing. If I don't reach my goal, I don't get any funding. So please pledge now!
Kicking It Forward: If this project is successful, I will pledge 5% of the profits from my finished project back to the Kickstarter community to help fund the dreams of others. Read more at http://www.kickingitforward.org/
Risks and challenges
The Drunken Tomato will be my first published book, and as such, I foresee many challenges. I am quickly learning a lot along the away, but delays in editing, book design, printing and shipping are all possible. I have incorporated these challenges into my timeline and remain deeply committed to completing this book before for the winter holidays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)